AC Porsche 917K @ Laguna Seca - Thu 22Mar18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
giphy.gif

It was no good Bobby - the computer is still out cold but I do have my shopping list down to the last two items that are a bit wobbly (RAM + GPU) as I had to find out that NONE of the reasonable GPU choices are available from stock :confused:

When a bit more time opens up I'll get around buying the bits and pieces - until then it's no racing for me.

You guys have a load of fun! Enjoy those 917Ks !
I know we will but it won't be as fun without you :( Guess we will just have to wait until the "fake" money madness goes away until we can get a new GPU without spending a small fortune! Hope to see you back soon:D

I know we will but it won't be as fun without you :( Guess we will just have to wait until the "fake" money madness goes away until we can get a new GPU without spending a small fortune! Hope to see you back soon:D
Thanks Keith ;-)
I am afraid the "fake money madness" will never go away - people see that by exchanging money to purchase computer hardware, letting said hardware run without much of an effort in work "making money" dials in perfectly in the nasty sectors of the human brain.
Even legislation will not be able to "end" this.

What GPU do you have?

2x AMD D500 GPUs (roughly equivalent to HD79xx GPUs) - these were the second tier of AMDs top of the line FirePro workstation GPUs in 2013 custom made for the Apple New MacPro (2013).

It's a long story - I got them to work for some time with hacked drivers to run triple screen racing sims but recent Window 10 and AMD driver updates broke them beyond my will of getting them to run again.
I am building a dedicated racing sim PC now (after fighting the issue for years) and the MacPro returns to exclusive work related computing again, no more games on that machine. Enough said.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back