Porsche 917k Driving tips needed

Been getting to grips with the step up to sim racing from arcade style games and am doing on in the Ferrari 458 and Porsche 911 RSR but really struggle when I step into the 917k. At Silverstone using the current layout I'm way off the pace and cant really race. Cant get the car into any corners at all. Any tips for driving this car ? I'll post times when I get home so you can see how far off the pace I am.

Also anyone else think the cockpit is wrong ? The gear stick is down by the drivers right hand side not where the AI driver reaches when you do a gear change

ive seen that on youtube but not downloaded it yet, I thought the Targa course was only in Beta.

Need a Le Mans 60s too. I have a mod with no chicane but doesnt feel right to me
60s Le Mans: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/le-grand-circuit-1967.17288/
Good quality as well.

Simtraxx are working on the Targa Florio, and I found a leaked v0.9 online somewhere. It's not really there yet, and AC struggles with the size of that track so I deleted it again after I managed to finish a lap inf the 908LH... with damaged turned off :redface:

i'll wait for it to come out here.

Feel free to recommend any other 60s 70s tracks for this car, or the other older era ones though.

After getting RSR Live setup ive found out I may be top 50 on the 917 but im top 900 on the other main car I use, the 458 GT2 @ Silverstone and Spa

i'll wait for it to come out here.

Feel free to recommend any other 60s 70s tracks for this car, or the other older era ones though.

After getting RSR Live setup ive found out I may be top 50 on the 917 but im top 900 on the other main car I use, the 458 GT2 @ Silverstone and Spa
RSR isn't particularly competitive anymore, especially with the less popular cars (like the 917k). The 917 time you posted may put you at 45th place, but it's six seconds from the top of the leaderboard. Usually the top 50 with popular combos is split by a second or so; hence why you're in the 800s for the 458. I find RSR's best use at the moment is checking the top time and comparing yourself to that (and not looking at the rankings), as there's typically at least one properly fast guy for each combo (besides the very unpopular ones).

Vic Elford drove the 917 on the Targa Florio circuit...

What was the worst of the Porsches that you drove at the Targa, and the best?

VE: The 908/3 was easily the best car I drove there—small, light and perfectly set up for the conditions. There was no worst car. I do remember that in 1970, (Ferdinand) Piech decided to bring a 917 to do a demo lap there, so I am the only driver who ever drove it on the circuit. It was all over the place, impossible to drive. By the time I finished the lap, they had to lift me out of the car.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back