AC Porsche 917K and 911 RSR 3.0 @ Le Mans (no chicane) - Thu 14Jun18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Screenshot_ks_porsche_917_k_circuit_de_la_sarthe_8-6-118-0-57-5.jpg

This week we do something special in honor of the 24 hrs of Le Mans. We'll be running the Porsche 917K and Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 3.0 1973 in a multi class 40 minute race. The layout of the track will be: NO CHICANE

All premium members using their full Real Name in the forum, race servers and teamspeak can sign up for this event. We have limited slots so sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here (TEAMSPEAK IS MANDATORY)
Teamspeak Installation Guide: click here
(Handy guide to setup teamspeak)
Racing Club Rules: click here
Incident Reporting: click here
Tracks, Cars, Apps Installation Guide: click here (Handy guide to install non AC content)

Server Name:
  • RaceDepartment.com US Club Race #26
Cars: DLC is required for this event. Drivers see second post please.
Track: Circuit de la Sarthe 24 hours of Le Mans ver. 1.2 (download)
Fixed Setup: No
Driving Assists: ABS, TC, Tire blankets
Jump Start: = Drive Through
Highly Recommended App: Helicorsa 0.7b Download

Schedule (US): Thursday 14Jun18
Practice:
20:00 EDT (30 mins)
Qualifying: 20:30 EDT (20 mins)
Race: 20:55 EDT (40 mins)

Schedule (Other timezones):
Practice: Friday | 00:00 GMT | 10:00 AEST
Qualifying: Friday | 00:30 GMT | 10:30 AEST
Race: Friday | 00:55 GMT | 10:55 AEST

Entry List
  1. Bobby Pennington ask me anything in teamspeak - 917K
  2. Dirk Steffen
  3. JoelK
  4. Ted Duncan Jr - 917K
  5. DingoStarr - 917K
  6. Free slot
  7. Free slot
  8. Free slot
  9. Free slot
  10. Free slot
  11. Free slot
  12. Free slot
  13. Richard Dastardly - RSR
  14. Jakal31 - RSR
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot
  21. Free slot
  22. Free slot
  23. Free slot
  24. Free slot
UTP # 21 BP

Last edited:
Drivers, car choice will need to be made no later than Wednesday, June 13th 23:00 EDT / 03:00 GMT to assure your choice, no exceptions. Late signups get what is left on a first come first served basis.

A message to all Drivers
If you run off track, you have to check and see that its clear before you re-enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.
When entering the track from the pits stay off the racing line until you are up to speed and do not race on your out lap. Let other drivers by in qualifying.
On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car. Remember, you've made the mistake by going off so let them by cleanly.
Golden Rule
  1. Be 100% sure it's not your fault and just carry on like nothing happened and take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Play on the safe side and wait for the affected drivers, knowing 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a complete lift of the gas please if it is safe to do so.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in teamspeak. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium member.

I am INNNNNN … in a Porsche please.
Which one I am going to have to decide later after getting some track time.
My heart says the 917 clearly but my other heart says 911 RSR - I have to discuss this with myself.

Can I bring a 935 instead perhaps?

I'm in for the RSR, obviously :p

For general info - the track is obnoxiously keen on enforcing limits so actually registering a time was surprisingly hard, but it looks like the 917 is roughly 40s faster per lap. The 917s should probably get 11 laps into 40 mins, so they'll be lapping the 911 field at least once.

Bobby - would suggest ( as I did ) 911 drivers stay on the right as much as possible. Cornering speeds aren't actually *that* far apart it seems, so at least the 911 should be free to take a proper cornering line.

Sadly gents im having to retire racing with you guys..Its been a laugh.its been intense,if there are races fri/sat, i might be able to squeeze 1 in,i,ll keep commenting (not getting rid that easily) lol,have fun,make it as hard for that Guuuuuuuuuuurman as possible for ME!!..:laugh::laugh:

I'm in for the RSR, obviously :p

For general info - the track is obnoxiously keen on enforcing limits so actually registering a time was surprisingly hard, but it looks like the 917 is roughly 40s faster per lap. The 917s should probably get 11 laps into 40 mins, so they'll be lapping the 911 field at least once.

Bobby - would suggest ( as I did ) 911 drivers stay on the right as much as possible. Cornering speeds aren't actually *that* far apart it seems, so at least the 911 should be free to take a proper cornering line.
I'll get you signed up with the RSR.

I'll put something in the post about staying to the right and I'll put the track limits to 3 wheels out so maybe that will help.

Yeah, I'm in. 917K ... In US racing colo(u)rs.

Who the heck was the diabolical bxstxrd who set out the track limit sensors??? They don't seem to have any relationship to the white lines on the road. I've not seen any key to avoiding them yet.

Last edited:
About those cut-track zones. Have you run races here before?

Seriously, I've just done two - 12 lap races here with mixed classes. I've gotten penalties 3 times while passing on the Mulsanne Straight, nowhere near a curb or white line ... and even more cut-track penalties at the kink just past the intersection with the turn to the left. There is a slight bent to the right just beyond that intersection ... and it seems that safe passage in the area of the second kink is only about a car and a half wide, again, nowhere near either shoulder of the road.

How the heck can you cut the track to gain time on an opponent going down a straight?

BTW ... if you go off at ANY of the big corners, you get a cut track penalty even if you sink the car into the tire wall.

Somehow I don't think this is correct, historically or otherwise.

Update: I just went to the download site HERE, to see if anybody else had problems with track limits ... and there are, and not from schlubs neither.

Last edited:
About those cut-track zones. Have you run races here before?

Seriously, I've just done two - 12 lap races here with mixed classes. I've gotten penalties 3 times while passing on the Mulsanne Straight, nowhere near a curb or white line ... and even more cut-track penalties just past the intersection with the turn to the left. There is a slight bent to the right just beyond that intersection ... and it seems that safe passage in that area is only about a car and a half wide, again, nowhere near either shoulder of the road.

How the heck can you cut the track to gain time on an opponent going down a straight?

BTW ... if you go off at ANY of the big corners, you get a cut track penalty even if you sink the car into the tire wall.

Somehow I don't think this is correct, historically or otherwise.

Update: I just went to the download site HERE, to see if anybody else had problems with track limits ... and there are, and not from schlubs neither.
Yes I know about them and I'll make the appropriate changes on the practice server as soon as I can. We will try 3 wheels out and if that's not satisfactory to me, I'll change it to 4 wheels out and we'll use the honor system. It's really no big deal, I just forgot to set it to 3 wheels out last night because I was doing 6 things at once when I was asked to put the server up.

Hi Bobby - hmmm this sounds like fun, but I fear I'll be way out of my league..but I promise to stay out of the way...and definitely not do what I did to Bud the other night (rear-end him and send him out to the Starman in the Tesla in space where he is now....)
if ok for slow coach like me to join (esp with this old car!) - I would like to, in 917K please.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 349 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%