Porsche 914-6 VS Opel Kadett GTE @ Vallelunga - Tuesday 27th April 2010

Carlos Diaz

Happily driving a "girly" car
flyergtc76.jpg

kdcvs914.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPT.COM GTC76
Class: Porsche 914-6 VS Opel Kadett GTE
Class Note: There are two versions of the Kadett. You need to use the one that the max RPM is 10200, not 8800.
Track: Vallelunga Autodromo
Start Time: 19.00 GMT
Practice: 20 minutes
Qualification: 10 minutes (ONE TIMED LAP)
Race: 2 x 16 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: You need the RDHGPS4 skinpack.
Note3: You must choose a different make of car for each race. The order in which you drive them will be assigned based on the order of sign-ups. Starting with the Kadett for myself, and alternating onwards down the list.
Note4: I don't know if they will help or hinder, but here they are...My setups for both cars (you might need to adjust gearing)

Attachments

• CDKadett.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 292
  • CD914.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 276
Well i forgot it was GTL Club and things like a restart for a technical issue dropped racing brother is usually the way,so sorry for extra delay rejoining guys,and big thanks for the restart,i was looking forward to that one,although not starting 3rd now but indeed plumb last :D,barely remember a thing tbh ;p,but due to plenty of gifted places combined with fine early pace and sweet feeling car,i found myself in the lead quite early doors with Thommo in close attendance,i then started to get a slightly nervouse feeling with the car,something im familiar with in GTL Porsches ;),im sure Thommo seen it coming when i eventually went right aroundabout spinny at the tight right hairpin near the end of the lap so he swept through in the lead with little fuss,just scrabbled out the way in time for Amir to swish through and claim 2nd place!,i felt fortunate to have held 3rd and nowt else for it now but serious pushage >:D,within a couple of laps i was passing a freshly spun Amir giving me back 2nd place but Thommo was well gone up ahead now,but i decided to push like mental anyway,and a mixture of Stu going on cruise control,with some little mistakes let me get him in my sights with a chance of a late grandstand finish for the win!,but then it seemed like he sorted himself out a bit and responded good,but suddenly his car freezes and the fight is over as Stu drops :(,i reckon he was doing enough to hold that one to finish,so bummer luck m8.
Thanks again for letting me get back in guys,and thanks to all for the racing pleasures.

Cheers Carlos & RD

Thanks Carlos for the well crafted event. I really enjoyed the track and the cars seemed to be a good match , yet obviously quite different to drive. I was really impressed by how close the field was after qualifying for race 1.

Started 6th and had 4th going into the hairpin..I was taking a slightly more defensive line against Amir and just nudged Carlos as he turned in...arrrg...anyway...rejoined behind CD 10th or 11th. But it was only 1st lap, not all was lost and with 15 laps to go, managed to hang in there for a gifted 3rd...I mean 4th, with lots of good chases and pursuits along the way! I watched the whole replay and you where definitely 3rd Steve! Congrats to Gary and Roman also. Apologies to Carlos as I didn't help your race either!

Race2) The best example I can think of for why I prefer to spend my Sim race-time quota in GTL. A hung start with multiple DQ,s and a lost racer, but no one left behind for the re-start...thanks Carlos and Stu, well handled.

Starting a randomly selected 10th was not a problem as I had a leg up with a nice stable setup courtesy of CD, so just maneuvered along avoiding the unfortunate 1st lap carnage and soon encountered some good racing with Steve and Amir! At the end finished 5th, Thanks to everyone who came out and congratulations to Gary on the double win.
Hope to see you all again next week!

I will see if anything could be done about your 3rd place finish, Steven.

Wow, I did horribly in both races lol! I think I broke my own record for spins in one night lol.

About the 914...
Will the guys that have XD installed confirm if the tires showed as being "RED" or already worn when the race started?
I lost my tires completely really early in the race. That's very unusual considering that I have had them last longer in a Cobra.
It looks like there might be some kind of glitch with the 914 and it's tires. Either that or it's just me.

About the freezing and CTDs...
I remember something similar happening the first time we ran the Kadetts. I hope the move to version 1.3 will solve any possibilites that it might the Kadetts.
The next time we use the track I will be sure to use default cars. if we have CTDs again then it will most likely be the track causing the issue.

Don't worry about the tap in race 1 Phil. I was doomed from the start since I only put enough fuel in for 14 laps lol!! Then I pitted trying to refuel, but I had not assigned my pit controls to any buttons. Oh boy...:pcbeat:
Not that it matters much, even if I HAD refueled it would have been for nothing cuz shortly after I had a CTD.

I hope I do better on thursday.

Will the guys that have XD installed confirm if the tires showed as being "RED" or already worn when the race started?

Confirmed, but it didn't actually seem to make too much diff to the tyres to me, when lookingn at the temps.

But - the 914 is notoriously dodgy once you've had that first spin, and it seems to get worse and worse - I think you might have fallen foul of that little quirk.

Yep, I also had a freeze/CTD in race 2 while out in the lead in a Kadett. It's so rare that I get to go into cruise mode while in the lead that I think my PC shut itself down out of confusion and bewilderment.

i then started to get a slightly nervouse feeling with the car,something im familiar with in GTL Porsches ;),im sure Thommo seen it coming when i eventually went right aroundabout spinny at the tight right hairpin near the end of the lap

Indeed I did :)

It looked like it was building for a while, and on TS the boys will testify to me saying "Well held Gary" a few times as it did look like you started to get looser than you would have liked.

Definitely my best event in my carrier. For the first time in my life I was so quick to manage to come to podium - awesome feeling for me.

R1: Porsche. In quali I managed to get to 2nd. At start of race, someone I don't remember now was it Bob or Philip, passed me with better getaway. After 1st hairpin I managed to accelerate quicker and got in front of him, there was someone between us and then suddenly they both spun away.
Then I had a perfect race, with no mistakes. Finished 2nd :cool:

R2: Opel. Screwed my quali - 1 sec. slower and finished 4th. Start - Senad parked his Opel on my roof middle of nowhere. Restart - got 6th place. Made a good start but at the hairpin made big mistake and spun middle of crowd hitting a few Porsche's - sorry folks! I was last and started do make up ground, on the way had nice fight with Andrew, Senad, Ondrej, Hans, Phillip and and... I was chasing hard Steven running 4th, than with bad lack of Stu I got 4th. I was quicker then Steven gaining time on him, but there was not enough laps to catch him.

Very nice car/track combination - cars very even - Thanks Carlos, Stu and RD!

After 1st hairpin I managed to accelerate quicker and got in front of him, there was someone between us and then suddenly they both spun away.

That was Bob & I - going into the complex, you were on the inside, Bob was just behind you, with me behind him, and I moved to the outside to avoid hitting Bob under brakes. Unfort, I think Bob might have done the same to avoid you, as he slightly moved into my line, nothing too much and definitely not aggressive at all, but it was just enough for my Porsche's nose to get caught under his flank, and off we went.

BTW - very good call again on the vehicles and track, Carlos.

I'm really enjoying these Tuesday events (not just because I can just turn up and drive :) ) as I never really know what we're going to turn up with, but they are always enjoyable and high quality - good work mate.

BTW - very good call again on the vehicles and track, Carlos.

I'm really enjoying these Tuesday events (not just because I can just turn up and drive :) ) as I never really know what we're going to turn up with, but they are always enjoyable and high quality - good work mate.

I am very happy to hear that you like what I'm doing so far Mr.T.
I just hope I can keep it up.

Guys, you might see smaller, simpler tracks during the RDHGP on Tuesdays. I know that many of us (myself included) need to practice a bit for the league races and I don't want to add to the stress by making you drive in highly technical/difficult tracks.
But get ready to be challenged again after the league is over. I have something evil brewing...evil-smiley-face.png

Hy an Low

When I saw the announcement for the event ,Kadet (never driven it) vers. P 914 an the track Vallelunga? me thinking "can't be a good one for me"even after some practice I did more off track then on track , in practice time it went not better en lost the car in quali,so start on pl 11

Hy:Race 1-Kadet GTE
Had a good start some of the guys where off track or colliding an after the first lap I was on pl.4
behind Amir in the 914 lap after lap closing bit by bit ,an on lap 5 passing Amir so pl.3 dit not no wat was happening here:confused:.
After a few laps Carlos standing still just for the fast right hander an Tim in front of me,go to close on the inside an lost the car,back to 4 behind Amir again,out of concetration lost the car again p5 behind Philip,Amir lost a place on Philip to so I had Amir again in front he take a hard right in to the gravel give me back my 4 place an finis there.
I can hardly explain how it feels (screaming yes yes )

Low,Race 2-P914
Quali on pl.10,but when the race start,a few guys could not leave the pits,so we did a restart in random order set me on p 7,take an easy start lost 3 places set me back where I belong,in lap 2 passing Andrew an Ondrej an later on Carlos so pl.6 get a Black screen Carlos an Roman passing me p 8,get over the white line just before the slow right hander an get a warning, some one get of so back to p7 Bob on my tail ,slip off on the short left corner getting a S&G,did take it direct left the pits on the limiter,drop back to 10,past Senad give me pl.9.

After 2! laps I get DQ for not taking a S&G ,watch my replay did not make errors in the 2 laps after S&G so I don't understand why I get a DQ,so this was a low point.

Stuart or Carlos can you look in to this ,if it was right or wrong?

All an All a great race event ,thanks guys for racing, an Carlos for setting it up :D
(you surprise us again!)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 366 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing