Porsche 912 R

Cars Porsche 912 R 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
if there is anything not seen in the Suspension.ini file that influences how the car sits and which car height the chassis coordinates are given at complicates things..
I am learning these at this time as well.

car.ini.
  • [BASIC] Nothing to do with physics. Graphic offset positions the 3D model. For example: "GRAPHICS_OFFSET=0,-0.37,-0.11 and GRAPHICS_PITCH_ROTATION=1.2" (X, Y, Z: general: X: away from axle horizontally toward center of car, Y: up from axle vertically, Z: horizontally toward the front of car)
  • [RIDE] This also has nothing to do with physics but are arbitrary reference point for ride height display in setup screen. Thus this may help you in following the procedure. I call this a fudge factor. Once you calibrate this correctly to one known good point, you can probably use your procedure.
    PICKUP_FRONT_HEIGHT=-0.30
    PICKUP_REAR_HEIGHT=-0.30
Try this short thread with 2 links.
In addition, try searching online for search words such as "Assetto Corsa Modding Pipeline.

Good Luck!

I believe the relevant numbers for relating the two are
(car.ini)
PICKUP_REAR_HEIGHT=-0.290 -> it's 0.29m below the CoG
(suspensions.ini)
BASEY=-0.156 -> suspension numbers have their "zero" 0.156m below the CoG
WBCAR_BOTTOM_FRONT=0.140, -0.007, 0.438 ; x y z
Y is -0.007, so the pivot axis is 0.007m below the BASEY point.

Meaning the pickup number (ride height listed by the app) is 0.127 below the middle of that bar. So you can add 0.127 to the ride height display to get the height of that bolt off the ground. Although the actual measurement's taken at the axle, so it'll be a bit different if the car has any rake. (which you'd see from front being lower than rear rideheight, as both have -0.29)

Last edited:
I believe the relevant numbers for relating the two are
(car.ini)
PICKUP_REAR_HEIGHT=-0.290 -> it's 0.29m below the CoG
(suspensions.ini)
BASEY=-0.156 -> suspension numbers have their "zero" 0.156m below the CoG
WBCAR_BOTTOM_FRONT=0.140, -0.007, 0.438 ; x y z
Y is -0.007, so the pivot axis is 0.007m below the BASEY point.

Meaning the pickup number (ride height listed by the app) is 0.127 below the middle of that bar. So you can add 0.127 to the ride height display to get the height of that bolt off the ground. Although the actual measurement's taken at the axle, so it'll be a bit different if the car has any rake. (which you'd see from front being lower than rear rideheight, as both have -0.29)
Sorry for my late reply. I was under the impression that suspension components and CoG height (baseY) were set in relation to the wheel center? If they're not, where in the files is the CoG-height determined? "Lengthwise" I guess it goes from wheelbase and fore-aft weight bias and then the inertia from the standard inertia model but I haven't found the height other than baseY.

Thank you

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back