Cars Porsche 911 Singer 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content

Ben O'Bro

Premium
Ben O'Bro submitted a new resource:

Porsche Singer - Porsche 911 by Singer, light & powerful = heaven

View attachment 330258
Time has come.

After numerous hours (an actual number would probably scare both you and me) here comes a version 0.9 that Arch & i are confident enough to release.
Less stressful than the 1.0, so mistakes and missing features are still here.
If you find anything, don't hesitate to post in the Support section.

♦♦ Templates ♦♦
will come with 1.0

♦♦ Credits ♦♦
3D model : Szymon Kubicki & Ben O'Bro
Textures and all the...

Read more about this resource...

Superb car, and drop-dead gorgeous. But for some reason while sitting on the start grid everything looks fine, but when I start the race the dash instruments lose all their annotation so just plain dials are left. Anyone else?
(VR, Rift)

None of the issues mentioned above, but mine (with CSP 205) the gauges are reflecting the environment behind me (like the rear view mirror).

First of all, thanks to all involved, its gorgeous to look and a blast to drive.

As this is a 0.911, I'll leave a few very small details that could be checked for final release:
- skin folders have spaces ahead of number, so previews won't show for the few still running vanilla ac launcher
- "Black & Orange" (044 blue2) skin seems to be Blue & Red + color prefix :)
- glass on dashboard dials is reflecting exterior surroundings cubemap, so you'll see stuff like kerbs on them while driving
- as above, without ks windscreen there won't be csp rain drops effect
- missing interior windscreen "dirt" layer with a hint of 2d dashboard reflection
- side mirror L/R reflections are swapped

Cheers!

Last edited:
First of all, thanks to all involved, its gorgeous to look and a blast to drive.

As this is a 0.911, I'll leave a few very small details that could be checked for final release:
- skin folders have spaces ahead of number, so previews won't show for the few still running vanilla ac launcher
- glass on dashboard dials is reflecting exterior surroundings cubemap, so you'll see stuff like kerbs on them while driving
- missing interior windscreen "dirt" layer with a hint of 2d dashboard reflection

Cheers!
I am one of the few still running the vanilla AC launcher.
I do not have any of the car previews, not sure what you mean by a space ahead of the number. Is there a way to get the previews to show? Thanks

I am one of the few still running the vanilla AC launcher.
I do not have any of the car previews, not sure what you mean by a space ahead of the number. Is there a way to get the previews to show? Thanks
You'll have to rename all skin folder names, like "044 blue2" to "044_blue2". Default launcher doesn't like spaces in skin folder names.

Changed the one example you gave to 044_blue2, still didn't bring up the preview.
Will change all of them tomorrow and see what happens. I'll get them working.
Thanks again

Changed the one example you gave to 044_blue2, still didn't bring up the preview.
Will change all of them tomorrow and see what happens. I'll get them working.
Thanks again
If you've only changed that folder name, then select another skin in the vanilla AC gui, and go back to it (it's Black & Orange), then it should start showing (just replicated it):
pvw.png
If you still have preview problems after changing all skin folder names, try to clear car preview cache (settings>general). I guess I won't be able to convince you to use CM instead :).

Last edited:

Cheers!
thanks for the listing
good point on the CM vanilla, i should have tried.... forgot that d*mn space!
i was also wondering about rain, no idea how it works
The glass on dashboard, weird that i don't have any issue! Too many CSP version and all... i struggled with priority and transparency, which made me remove the dials glass from the cockpit dummy, maybe not a good move :)

This is the best early xmas present for me in recent history! Thanks to all who were involved in this!

Umm.. noticed the brake bias changed a bit and is now almost 78% front, which is huge for a car having almost 60 percent of its weight at the back. I know Dickinson says they use stock 993 brakes, but that, combined with the current ABS slip ratio and the 200hz rate, translates into the front losing traction and going straight momentarily when braking hard. Full brake pedal is almost pointless. You can hear front tires lose grip when braking into a turn starting at 25% pedal; at 50% you're already understeering from front end loss of traction. It kinda contradicts the purpose of installing rear rotors same size as fronts, which must come from wanting more braking power at the back.

Even if that's exactly how 993 brakes behaved (I have no way of knowing), I have a hard time believing Singer made went to such great lenghts to improve almost every aspect of the car, but left brake management as is.

PS: they even offer carbon now.
https://www.remmenbrakes.com/ccm-singer-vehicle-design/

Last edited:
thanks for the listing
good point on the CM vanilla, i should have tried.... forgot that d*mn space!
i was also wondering about rain, no idea how it works
The glass on dashboard, weird that i don't have any issue! Too many CSP version and all... i struggled with priority and transparency, which made me remove the dials glass from the cockpit dummy, maybe not a good move :)
For the gauges glass, I've been using a different method on all my cars, no more reflective glass inside, it just doesn't work properly in AC. Check out my 996 or the 512 for example, I use a similar setup as for the inner windscreen, where it shows a little bit of dirt at certain light angles, giving the feel there's a glass on top of the dials, but none of the ridiculous reflections.

Also, these don't light up as there is no light bulb behind them:

Screenshot_3.jpg

Not sure which year the switches for the lights are, but make sure they actually have a light there. I'm positive the cigarette lighter doesn't (done that research for the 996).

Transparency issue:
Screenshot_4.jpg

Small UV problem:
Screenshot_2.jpg

Also, don't think the check light and warning light "!" should light up with the rest.

This is the best early xmas present for me in recent history! Thanks to all who were involved in this!

Umm.. noticed the brake bias changed a bit and is now almost 78% front, which is huge for a car having almost 60 percent of its weight at the back. I know Dickinson says they use stock 993 brakes (rotors and calipers). But that combined with the current ABS slip ratio and the 200hz rate translates into the front losing traction and going straight momentarily when braking hard. Full brake pedal is almost pointless. You can hear front tires lose grip when braking and turning starting at 25% pedal, at 50% you're already understeering from front end loss of traction.

Even if that's exactly how 993 brakes behaved (I have no way of knowing), I have a hard time believing Singer made went to such great lenghts to improve almost every aspect of the car, but left brake management as is.

PS: they even offer carbon now.
https://www.remmenbrakes.com/ccm-singer-vehicle-design/
ABS is Bosch from the 964, with 993 parts. The only reason it'd change is if they have a new brake master balancer or proportioner valve.

I do believe the brake bias though, as there was one video of someone locking up a Singer, and they basically plowed straight forward with fronts smoking. Was at low speed, so it's probably quite sensitive to lockup with ABS off.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 392 40.0%