Porsche 911 Singer

Cars Porsche 911 Singer 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
*raises hand* Actually the physics I make is arguably above whatever people hack together for most ripped cars. Don't be surprised if that DSL ends up having my molested base on it. :V

"I just want..." - and those words say an awful lot about the kind of person you are, too.

Oh, and thanks for giving your permission to ignore you on this forum - I think I'll take you up on your offer now.

Really, Alfie? :)

If simply expressing the fact that I enjoy cars regardless of origin is so awful to you, I wish that oh so damned ignore you've just given me was retroactive. Isolate yourself in that bubble where you only socialize with people that agree with you. Like in junior high.

Never imagined that some folks around here are more pretentious to groom than an angora cat. Life's full of beautiful surprises.

Last edited:
Any thoughts about the emissives? its really difficult to notice when this car is braking:
(i'm not saying the others cars are perfect, but at least if this car produces a similar level, you can adjust to your liking through sol or your filter

oops meant to put tihs in the same post: also theres this weirdness on the tyres on lod change:
Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_gt3_rs_spa_29-10-120-9-45-52.jpg

Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_gt3_rs_spa_29-10-120-9-45-50.jpg

Last edited:
Hm
so it's the rear light projecting too much ?
i think it's called "auto guessing" as CSP guesses the amount of light projected depending of intensity etc. and since i did my lights in few different parts, the bulb might have a stronger intensity than the rest.
Anyways, i'm not sure how to fix that
probably fiddling with the config ini file

Both the rear and brake light have nearly no emissive, this sorts it but is probably not the correct way:

[LIGHTING]
EMISSIVE_PARKINGLIGHTS_MULT=5
EMISSIVE_BRAKELIGHTS_MULT=5

One issue remains in that the glass of the light is very reflective, giving this effect when headlights shine on them, I don't think that is what you would ever see IRL:

Attachments

• Screenshot_bo_singer_imola_30-10-120-17-18-2.jpg
    Screenshot_bo_singer_imola_30-10-120-17-18-2.jpg
    509.7 KB · Views: 81
What is your next AC mod you are planning or working on?
hey cheers for the beers :)
you mean ideally or realistically ? :whistling:

Ideally plenty i'd like to do.
Realistically not much free time or motivation to start fresh..

I started to make a Datsun 240 (or 280) Z since we're renovating one with a friend.
But truly i'd need to put back the panels together to "3D scan" the real thing as a new exercice.
That's 2022 somewhere seeing how things are turning out these days!

Otherwise i'm helping Phoenix to plant trees in PCH after LA Canyons ;) hopefully that's for 2021
And i started my own track, but again, not enough time to do what i'd like !!

And on the other hand @Kyuubeey (Arch) has been pretty busy with his physics ;)
see : https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/authors/kyuubeey.194589/

Last edited:
thanks for your response, so PCH is getting an overhaul?
phoenix has posted few screenshots:

while i'm finding ways to improve trees compared to LAC
so hopefully the result should be cool

I don't know if I just never noticed or if something broke but the glass on the headlights is so transparent it's nearly invisible. It looks like there's just the reflectors and the bulb. Anyone have any idea what that could be? I checked and so far couldn't find another car with this issue.

Sometimes incredible visual quality like this mod has can lead the user to overlook physics inaccuracies or make him/her think physics are fine as well.

Porsche normally has a mild lift off oversteer, and "grabs" itself on throttle during a turn. In the AWD this effect should be more pronounced. Do you guys think it shouldn't stabilize on throttle but respond like a classic rear wheel?

Last edited:
Sometimes incredible visual quality like this mod has can lead the user to overlook physics inaccuracies or make him/her think physics are fine as well.

Porsche normally has a mild lift off oversteer, and "grabs" itself on throttle during a turn. In the AWD this effect should be more pronounced. Do you guys think it shouldn't stabilize on throttle but respond like a classic rear wheel?
This car was made with vanilla physics, so of course it will be more inaccurate than it should be. I don't know if I'm gonna revisit the Singer with Cphys.

I don't dev cars based on what I think they should do.

This car was made with vanilla physics, so of course it will be more inaccurate than it should be. I don't know if I'm gonna revisit the Singer with Cphys.

I don't dev cars based on what I think they should do.

That's not the correct approach.

There's no physics engine in the world that you just input sheet data and it produces most realistic results it could. Even if there was, which there isn't, the data required isn't detailed enough for 99.999% cars. Unless the modder in question is an F1 engineer who runs thousands of laps with the car and has access to all the data.

Secondly, whatever goes under the hood is completely irrelevant in a driving sim. What matters is that the car should act as close as possible to real life version.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back