Porsche 911 Singer

Cars Porsche 911 Singer 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Tires are the only thing which matters. All the suspension and aero do is give parameters to the tire load and slip simulation.

They should be reasonable, but I'll take another look. Ignore the KS CTR tires, they're just hacked together. I had them initially on my CTR and it just wouldn't turn. :roflmao:

You are right.

I just realized I made the swap with a version of the CTR tires I modified some years ago...
Problem is it was on tire model 7 and by importing the same parameters in tire model 10 it drives very differently (in a bad, bad way).

Maybe I did something wrong, I'll check tomorrow night if I manage to find some time.

this mod is visually amazing. Having seen a dozen on these cars IRL they are of the highest quality, and this mod reflects many of the details that makes them stand outs. excellent job, the 2old4forza club has been enjoying this car on the street tires, so looking forward to the improvements mentioned above for another tire option.

this mod is visually amazing. Having seen a dozen on these cars IRL they are of the highest quality, and this mod reflects many of the details that makes them stand outs. excellent job, the 2old4forza club has been enjoying this car on the street tires, so looking forward to the improvements mentioned above for another tire option.
Talking about that, are these issues present on the ST tires as well, or just the SM tires?

My tyre volume is set at 100%, Engine is at 80%, everything else is far below that. Hearing what the tyres are doing at any given moment helps me quite a bit in determining how much I can push the car.

I drove 10 laps at Silverstone Intl and even at 97% grip I found the car to be quite controllable in the higher speed corners. I managed a 1:16.5 which I imagine isn't terribly fast.

I'd be curious to see what Andy R could do. He seems to be wicked fast at Silverstone Intl.

Also, setting the Tyres Offset in the CM to 50% made a massive difference in car control for me. Apparently this setting changes the threshold at which the tyres start squealing which goes a long way in letting me know exactly when the tyres are close to or at the limits of adhesion.

Last edited:
Goodmorning all,

Thanks for the info and opinions.
If the Singer can have a rear end feel like the CTR-1 it would be fine for me, that's what this was all about in the first place.

Question: @ Silverstone Singer's rear end is stepping out on coasting in a physical way I think is not ok. On Mugello it's almost gone! It feels way more planted.

What magic is this?:)
Same ambient temp/green track etc.

Time for coffee!

Cheers
Robin

Well that was some kind of placebo because the weird pointing in/pivoting when just coasting also occurs @ Mugello.
I tried Arch's 911RSR Gr 4 and Arch's CTR-1 and they do not do that, they go into pointing in neutrally, or slide over 4 wheels/understeer at the same speeds.....
Any AC car(I have and tested for that matter) does it like the two cars mentioned: Lola T70, 917K, newer 911s....

I'll get back to you.

Cheers
Robin

Using as a reference the "good handling" of Kunos cars, many of which are off in terms of realism, is like comparing apples and coconuts. Which doesn't really amount to nothing in trying to make this car better.

The most clarifying thing that can happen at this point is either an online session, all together, or the replay file or a full lap clip of whoever finds this uncontrollable, which can show how they drive it.

A small EUREKA here.
I only just replaced the Singer's 'Tyres' config(in DATA) with Arch's CTR-1 'Tyres' and it feels a bit more planted, less abrupt and a bit easier to control. If this is a placebo, tell me:)

I also did a redo on a few car, the last being an M2Competition a month ago, which I found physically/handling and powerwise not matching my real life car. So I switchted/altered/replaced some of the data thingies as well and now I find that car pretty much the sim version of my real life car:)

Years ago when AC was still in Beta, Aris asked me about their 1M(which I irl drove at that time), S3 on semis is rather spot on I told him(powerise too fast but hey S3 horsepower upgrade). The normal 1M is way too tailhappy vs real life. A 1M is a pretty power oversteery car irl but not like the 1M in Kunos, but tyres do a lot. Like on every car tyres are the first thing a car can make or break(control, laptimes etc)

Cheers
Robin

Using as a reference the "good handling" of Kunos cars, many of which are off in terms of realism, is like comparing apples and coconuts. Which doesn't really amount to nothing in trying to make this car better.

The most clarifying thing that can happen at this point is either an online session, all together, or the replay file or a full lap clip of whoever finds this uncontrollable, which can show how they drive it.

In bold: Are you kidding me? Do you even have a driving license:)

Then you show me a lap at Silverstone in the Singer, I already showed some irl stuff and me sliding the CTR mate.

It's your call now.

Cheers
Robin

If you hover your cursor over the temp it will give you the track temp as well. I'm running at 21C with a track temp of 28C, wind speed is .6 mph. Time is 16:04. I rarely if ever change this setting.

If you hover your cursor over the temp it will give you the track temp as well. I'm running at 21C with a track temp of 28C, wind speed is .6 mph. Time is 16:04. I rarely if ever change this setting.

Road temp 15.4 Celsius.
But still, the other cars (modded or Kunos) are behaving differently.

I don't/never change those settings either just want it to be 'realistic' , like when I'm driving irl at the Nordschleife in the beginning of april, the road temp doesn't come near 28 degrees Celsius. Or Spa, Silverstone, Brands etc.

Edit: and even at ambient temps near zero (1-5 degrees Celsius) a Pilot Super Sport Tyre irl when warm can do excellent laptimes on a DRY Hockenheim in real life. Semis probably less.

But 15 degrees Celsius: those superwide reartyre semislicks(with tyrewarmers) on the Singer on a dry track sliding even when looking at the steering when not even applying throttle, is beyond me. Sorry.

Bracelona is another story geographically but I doubt beginning of april Barca will have road temps of 28 degrees(?)

Cheers
Robin

Last edited:
Road temp 15.4 Celsius.
But still, the other cars (modded or Kunos) are behaving differently.

I don't/never change those settings either just want it to be 'realistic' , like when I'm driving irl at the Nordschleife in the beginning of april, the road temp doesn't come near 28 degrees Celsius. Or Spa, Silverstone, Brands etc.

Edit: and even at ambient temps near zero (1-5 degrees Celsius) a Pilot Super Sport Tyre irl when warm can do excellent laptimes on a DRY Hockenheim in real life. Semis probably less.

But 15 degrees Celsius: those superwide reartyre semislicks(with tyrewarmers) on the Singer on a dry track sliding even when looking at the steering when not even applying throttle, is beyond me. Sorry.

Bracelona is another story geographically but I doubt beginning of april Barca will have road temps of 28 degrees(?)

Cheers
Robin

I was 1 sec slower using yours settings at Silverstone Intl. Less traction for sure but not terrible. :thumbsup:

Robin, asking me if i have a licence when you're one of the people having the Singer all over the place in less that 1km of track is a bit funny... :)

You're assuming a lot aren't you.:)

I find it even more than a bit funny you're saying you doubt many of Kunos cars in AC for not having realistic physics , though you're not stating you:
-have a drivers licence irl
-have a car irl
-did/do some track driving irl

LOL!

So:I'm waiting on some evidence of you driving the Singer @ Silverstone Intl. faster than Cobra Cat or 'me'. I'm definitely not the fastest AC driver but I'm in control of rather powerful rwd cars ingame and irl....

Cheers
Robin

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back