RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite obviously being the fastest driver in the series of races and could have won them all,:p I have failed to complete any.:(:mad: Now, this is either extremely unlucky or sabotage. :O_o: :whistling: :roflmao:
Forces from the dark side have obviously intervened.:devilish:
And, despite my paranoia and my blood lust for revenge, I would like to enter this race.
So if you please, Mr Dark Lord Ross,:laugh: I will try again to drive the #40 car, please.

Last edited:
but please BE CAREFULL beware of the touches on the rear of the front car ....... it is very bad, gaining positions in the race, throwing the competitor off the track
That's true, but there were just as many instances of drivers weaving, blocking, and turning in on cars that had achieved overlap fair and square. It's great to have 20+ cars on the grid but standards are slipping. Some people are not respecting RD rules or each other while racing. I would suggest that everyone heed the following:
  1. Read our Club Racing Rules before the race!
  2. Use your mirrors! If you can't see the mirrors, enable the virtual mirror.
  3. Use Crew Chief! There really is no reason not to and it would prevent 90% of incidents.
  4. Join the voice chat! Putting real people behind the virtual cars works wonders for respect.
  5. When defending, you can perform one defensive move. Any more than that is weaving/blocking.
  6. You must not move within the braking zone. Pick your line and stick to it.
  7. If someone has achieved overlap, you must give them room. Turning into them to force them off track is not permitted.
As I tried to point out before the last event, this is club racing. A bit of fun on a Saturday night, not a hardcore league with a nice prize on offer. There's really no reason to be overly aggressive, so just respect each other and lets have a clean final two rounds to what has been a very popular series. :thumbsup:

Hey @Goffik , to put an underline on your point #4: How about "no Discord = no points" (or 50% points)....something to incentivize everyone to join voice chat? Even though Discord audio levels leave something to be desired...

As has been said many times in other threads, during Quali/Race the chat is 99% quiet to allow everyone to concentrate. Where it can help is if things risk turning from "club race" to "fight club", an audio cue can help de-escalate the moment, or at least convey a situation that helps everyone develop their race-craft.

Hey @Goffik , to put an underline on your point #4: How about "no Discord = no points" (or 50% points)....something to incentivize everyone to join voice chat?
Being on voice comms has not been an RD rule for well over a year now, so I have no right to penalise those who choose not to use it. All I can do is encourage people to do so, by pointing out that it enhances the social atmosphere, increases respect among drivers, and gives a great opportunity to ask questions and get tips and advice. Beyond that, it's their own choice.

View attachment 447527

Welcome to the R3E racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on Discord... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge! Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here or Watch the Video Summary
Incident Reporting: Click here
Server Password: Click here
Discord Server: Click here

We highly recommend that you join us on Discord and that you use an app called Crew Chief, which gives you an audio spotter and much more!

Saturday 27/02/21
Practice Server:
RaceDepartment - Practice
Race Server: RaceDepartment - Racing Club
Class: Porsche 911 GT3 Cup
Track: Imola - Grand Prix

Practice: 19:00 UTC (80 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:20 UTC (10 minutes)

Warmup 1: 20:30 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 1: 20:35 UTC (20 minutes) - Rolling Start

Warmup 2: 20:55 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 2: 21:00 UTC (20 minutes) - Rolling Start / Reverse Grid

Porsche 911 GT3 Cup: 30 slots
  1. Goffik - #123
  2. ko41 - #11
  3. Dieter Bromvich - #16
  4. Gordie Gunn - #24
  5. PurgerUK - #1
  6. Des Pearce - #23
  7. rustymoto - #33
  8. Ingemar Petersson - #7
  9. nsfast - #4
  10. Steve Le Gallez - #19
  11. EireGreen™ - #22
  12. Jopamir - #51
  13. rafae61 - #187
  14. Antonio de Sousa Ferreira - #27
  15. Jose Vasconcelos - #52
  16. PorDallas - #0
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot
  21. Free slot
  22. Free slot
  23. Free slot
  24. Free slot
  25. Free slot
  26. Free slot

UTP#17
Hi I would like #911. I have never entered a online race in RRE so would apeeciate some guidance as to how to find server etc. Best wishes
Bob

I have never entered a online race in RRE so would apeeciate some guidance as to how to find server etc.
Welcome to the R3E Club Bob! :thumbsup:

Getting online is R3E is very simple. The racing server will come online at 19:00 UTC on Saturday. After this time, just hit the Multiplayer button in R3E's main menu, and type "racedept" into the search box. That should bring up three servers. The one you want is "RaceDepartment - Racing Club". Just click on it, hit the join button, choose your car, and then enter the password which you can find here.

And that's it, you're in. Most people get online around 19:45 - 20:00 UTC, but you can join anytime up until the end of qualifying (20:30 UTC). The practice session is a great time to ask questions and get help from myself and other members, so consider joining the Discord voice chat as well.

See you on track! :cool:

Reporting Incidents

Just so that everyone is aware, someone actually bothered to file a proper incident report about the Golden Rule being breached during the previous event. The stewards confirmed it and the offending driver is now serving a 30 day ban.

So reporting incidents works, and actual penalties are a far more affective deterrent to would-be rammers than just bitching about it in voice comms or here on the forums.

If you want clean, fair racing here on RaceDepartment, help us to help you by reporting bad behaviour. It's the only way our simple set of rules can be enforced.

Last edited:
Reporting Incidents

Just so that everyone is aware, someone actually bothered to file a proper incident report about the Golden Rule being breached during the previous event. The stewards confirmed it and the offending driver is now serving a 30 day ban.

So reporting incidents works, and actual penalties are a far more affective deterrent to would-be rammers than just bitching about it in voice comms or here on the forums.

If you want clean, fair racing here on RaceDepartment, help us to help you by reporting bad behaviour. It's the only way our simple set of rules can be enforced.

Sorry for the question, but who was the pilot who took the 30-day punishment ??

Last edited by a moderator:
4) R3E POSTER.png

Welcome to the R3E Racing Club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on Discord... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge! Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here or Watch the Video Summary
Incident Reporting: Click here
Server Password: Click here
Discord Server: Click here
Crew Chief Download: Click Here

The use of Crew Chief is mandatory in our Club racing, as it adds an audio spotter which helps avoid unnecessary incidents. We also highly recommend that you join us on Discord and engage with your fellow drivers!

Saturday 06/03/21
Practice Server:
RaceDepartment - Practice
Race Server: RaceDepartment - Racing Club
Class: FR US
Track: Daytona - Speedway

Practice: 19:00 UTC (80 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:20 UTC (10 minutes)

Warmup 1: 20:30 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 1: 20:35 UTC (45 minutes) - Rolling Start / Mandatory Pit Stop

FR US: 30 slots
  1. Goffik - #7