RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if the Aragón circuit has a different track surface or something. Around Brands I feel like I'm in control of the Porsche again, like in Zhuhai. I can make it turn just fine, unlike Aragón where it just wanted to understeer constantly. Very odd. :cautious:

I agree, Ross, but I don't know if it's the track surface. But I certainly could believe it if that's what it is in the way of difference in handling. Because we all know not all tracks, have the same tarmac. Whether this is active within this SIM, I do not know no, but oddly enough, :sneaky: I suspect not. But I would like to think so.

But I find by drop the front suspension two clicks and the rear one and drop the rear height ten clicks or so with a front toe of -60 and rear of +10 and decreasing the camber by ten clicks back and front. And a little rise of tyre pressure for the right-hand side. Of course, adjust the bump and rebound accordingly as in how much you use the carbs—fast bump and rebound for this.

That should help a little anything more than this is just fine-tuning, but that should give you a good start, but of course, everybody's driving style is different, so it may not work for it all of you, if any.

Last edited:
I agree, Ross, but I don't know if it's the track surface. But I certainly could believe it if that's what it is in the way of difference in handling. Because we all know not all tracks, have the same tarmac. Whether this is active within this SIM, I do not know no, but oddly enough, :sneaky: I suspect not. But I would like to think so.
Making different track surfaces in a sim could be as easy as tweaking the stats of the road surface, which is probably pretty simple. (It doesn't need to be dynamic if it's the stats of the actual tarmac itself.) Whether it exists in R3E or not I don't know. But to me, that is the only thing which explains how the exact same car running the exact same setup can feel so different on an individual track. Little understeer at Zhuhai and Brands Hatch, massive oversteer at Aragón.

As long as I don't get as many incident points as last week, I'll be happy.
Ignore them. I think it's a bug that they're showing up at all in our club races, since we are not a ranked server. The points do not count towards your R3E profile so no need to worry on that front. :thumbsup:

And if I may say with numbers showing up on the grid for a Saturday evening racing. Like what we have not seen for a long time. Maybe, Ross, you could consider reinstating the Tuesday night events, even if it's to see if there's any substantial interest. I would say run a poll, but we all know how they go. People voting for things are not going to take part in—a thought, nothing more.

Maybe, Ross, you could consider reinstating the Tuesday night events, even if it's to see if there's any substantial interest.
Three events with a single class are not enough to prove that numbers will be high enough and sustained enough to warrant a second day yet. Plus there's community dilution to think about. I'd rather have one event per week with 20 on the grid than two events with just 10.

But we'll see how things go in the coming weeks once we're done with the Porsches.

I'm sorry to say this but I might have to give it a miss tonight.

My rig is in the bedroom and the other half has been laid up in bed all day not feeling good.

I'll let you know later.

Mr Ross, would you be a gentleman and reboot the server or something as I'm continually getting no response from the server and being kicked for high ping again if I do get on.:mad:
Normally I get to see a ping of about 8 and 9 to the server, and sometimes it is in the 90s or not at all. The funny thing is, and I use the word funny likely, I do not see a lot of pings from most servers. Weather normally come up quite quickly. For some reason, they take forever to come up if they come up at all.
I've had the man from Openreach come with a new router, socket, plugs, and everything possible renewed and fitted. I've also run some tests the speedtest.net, and I've got a ping of 6 to Holland and a download speed of 88 Mbps, and an upload of 34, so nothing wrong at my end as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:
I'll restart the R3E server but I don't think it's going to make much difference to be honest mate. I'm not seeing any issues with ping, and if there was an issue with the RD server itself then it would have been reported in the other clubs by now. :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back