AC Porsche 911 RSR 3.0 @ Highlands Long

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
file.php

Please reply in this thread and come join us this Wednesday 3/27 for some laughs and close, clean racing. We had fantastic racing throughout the pack last week, don't miss out!
The vote was very close but I elected to take us to Highlands Long because 1, its a bit different and 2, I think it will make for better racing with the draft.

Our goal is to put fun first and competition second, there are plenty of places to compete but this venue will serve members who are looking for a community that is focused on fun clean racing.

Eligibility: You must be a PREMIUM member. You must also be using your FULL REAL NAME in any of the RD servers, on Teamspeak, in Assetto Corsa and on this board.

Join us: Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here (TEAMSPEAK IS MANDATORY )

To Join the team speak just Click "teamspeak" in the blue bar at the top of this page, join the assetto corsa chat channel once in TS.

Teamspeak Installation Guide: click here
(Handy guide to setup teamspeak)
Tracks, Cars, Apps Installation Guide: click here (Handy guide to install non AC MOD content)
Racing Club Rules: click here
Incident Reporting: click here

Race Hard But Race Fair - RESPECT Your Fellow Driver. If you bump someone off slow and wait for them this is the "golden rule" of race department events.

Practice Server: UP AS OF 3/21
RaceDepartment.com US Practice 911 RSR Highlands Long

Race Server:

RaceDepartment.com US Race 911 RSR Highlands Long

To find servers search "racedepartment"

assetto-corsa-porsche-911-carerra-rsr-3-0-jpg.157104

Car: Porsche 911 RSR 3.0 DLC CONTENT Porsche Pack Volume #1 required

Track: Highlands Long DLC CONTENT free
Track Temps: 28c
Track Conditions: Mid Clear

Pitstop: None
Driving Assists: ABS / Traction Control
Jump Start: = Drive Through
Fuel consumption = 100%
Tire consumption = 100%
Damage rate =20%
Tire blankets = on

Highly Recommended App: Helicorsa 0.7B Download
Highly Recommended App For VR
: Top/Center Flags Download

Schedule (US): Wednesday 3/27
Race#1 Highlands Long
Practice: 21:00 EST (10 minutes)
Qualifying: 21:10 EST (15 minutes)
Race: 21:25 EST (20 Minutes)

Race#2 Highlands Long
Practice: 21:50 EST (10 minutes)
Qualifying: 22:00 (15 minutes)
Race: 22:15 EST (20 Minutes)

Entry List :
    1. @scottiedawg66
    2. Angeltheartist
    3. newbert
    4. johndough247
    5. bo1210
    6. Getrag
    7. Lucky2O4F
    8. Tennracer
    9. Douglas Garcia
    10. JBaeumle
    11. Jakal31
    12. Bobby Pennington
    13. durielk
    14. Free slot
    15. Free slot
    16. Free slot
    17. Free slot
    18. Free slot
    19. Free slot
    20. Free slot
    21. Free slot
    22. Free slot
    23. Free slot
      ***tagging previous participants***

Last edited:
Yeah - I'm in too.

But can anyone help me with developing a set-up? (Can't find any in "The Set Up Market).

I seem to recall seeing a basic chart somewhere here on RD that looked like an NCAA bracket. It basically was a flow-chart structured like "If Your Car is Doing This, Try This, This, or This". It was downloadable and in JPG format.

Does this (or similar) ring a bell with anyone?

Thanks!

I will post up a set up for the car in the next few days.

Practice server is UP

That would be greatly appreciated!!!! As it stands now, the default setup for this car makes for an over-steering spinfest!!!!! (At least for me). I haven't even completed a test lap yet in trying to learn the track without completely losing the back end numerous times!

Between learning a long-ish new track (for me), and dialing in a usable setup for this car, this is going to be a frustrating week! :cry:

TCS is available so make sure its on @newbert

the porsche has much to teach, highlands is a great place to learn to be smooth. Dont try to attack the corners, focus on not dying and getting a good drive coming off the corner:geek:

Last edited:
TCS is available so make sure its on @newbert

the porsche has much to teach, highlands is a great place to learn to be smooth. Dont try to attack the corners, focus on not dying and getting a good drive coming off the corner:geek:

Is TCS on automatically on the server, or do I need to turn it on manually somewhere myself? If so, exactly where is that found (using CM)?

If I don't get a handle on the back end swinging out (and not being able to catch it), you guys will be lapping me before I even finish the first lap! Right now, it's as if the rear tires are on ice!

@newbert you can turn on TC in the tuning menu, i recommend mapping a button for TCS up and TCS down on your wheel as well so you can adjust on while on track.

i have shared a tune on setup market titled racedepartment USA its for highlands long ***TCS is off by default in this tune***

only drop down to 2nd gear for the second to last corner with this tune. 3rd and higher everywhere else.

here is a little video on how I approach this track. hopefully it helps

Last edited:
@newbert you can turn on TC in the tuning menu, i recommend mapping a button for TCS up and TCS down on your wheel as well so you can adjust on while on track.

i have shared a tune on setup market titled racedepartment USA its for highlands long ***TCS is off by default in this tune***

only drop down to 2nd gear for the second to last corner with this tune. 3rd and higher everywhere else.

here is a little video on how I approach this track. hopefully it helps

By "tuning menu", do you mean the "wrench" under the wheel while in the pits? Or somewhere in Content Manager? I ask this because I didn't see it anywhere when I attempted a few laps this morning.

Thanks for the setup and vid!

wrench in the pits, its in the "electronics" tab once you are in tuning menu. one odd thing about TCS in AC, a higher number = LESS traction control value. so 11/11 is minimum TSC level, 1/11 is maximum. For the 911 RSR 3.0 I believe there are 2 options, off and 1 (on)

Last edited:
yes, i double checked it. try to get it through setup market once you are in game already, its an app on the right that you can bring up once you are out of the pits, same way you adjust volume, ect.

Ah, a blast from the past.... You must be almost as old as I am! :laugh:

Actually I'm in my 30's, just remember watching it on reruns as a kid in the 80's or early 90's...some things just stick with you no matter what I guess :thumbsup:

yes, i double checked it. try to get it through setup market once you are in game already, its an app on the right that you can bring up once you are out of the pits, same way you adjust volume, ect.

Nope - Sorry - Simply not working for me.

On the practice server, I'm in the car. Apps are listed on the right. I find Set Up Market App and open it. A window pops up and the set up you referred to is listed at the bottom of a list of 3 set ups. - So far so good -- I then click on the "Download" symbol on the very left of the line for that set up and it says "downloading". Then.......nothing. NO set up gets loaded into the bottom window from where it appears that I should click on the downloaded set up to use it. That bottom window remains empty. :mad: I even went back to the "wrench", and no set up is there to choose.

Either I'm doing something wrong, or there's a systemic problem. Very frustrating. Is it just me?

Has anyone been able to grab this setup and use it? If so, exactly how did you do it?

Sorry to be such a pain, but it's not working for me, but I can use all the set up help that I can get!

Thanks!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 284 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing