Resource icon

Sounds Porsche 911 RSR 2017 Sound Mod 1.5.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
There is a strange noise in the outside at 5500-5800, sounds like fast forwarded

Hi, this is the squeal which was added with this update. It happens at low speed on the RSR when it is coming out of slow corners. Unfortunately Fmod doesn't allow me to trigger the squeal with the car speed. It only allows me to trigger it by rpm. So you hear it at the correct rpm regardless of the car speed.

Here it is in real life at 1:53

And with the old exhaust here at 3:50

you can trigger it in the wheel bank. under the speed tab. you put your file in tyre_rolling under the speed tab and voilà. I did the same on some sound I made to replicate the transmission whine at very low speed. but I think that it is indeed RPM related in the real one. it seems that it is due to the vibrations in the engine and exhaust

Last edited:
you can trigger it in the wheel bank. under the speed tab. you put your file in tyre_rolling under the speed tab and voilà. I did the same on some sound I made to replicate the transmission whine at very low speed. but I think that it is indeed RPM related in the real one. it seems that it is due to the vibrations in the engine and exhaust

Aha! Thanks!

I think it's rpm related but only occurs at low speed, for example in first or second gear only. I've not heard it except when the car is coming out of a very slow corner

Hi there, any plans to work on a gt3 cup car mod in the future? Thanks

Currently I dread working on anything with loud transmissions whine due to the difficulty of capturing the engine sound alone.

If someone is kind enough to inform me how this can be done then why not?

one of the possibility is to find a drivers eye onboard video. in wich you hear exactly what the driver is hearing in the car. because many videos have the camera hooked up on the rollcage. the other possibility is to have a Porsche driver as a contact who could make some videos without the transmission

There is a very good soundmod for thar car in the fonsecker porsche pack, give it a try if you want one!
No mean to offend you ACFAN, I Just wanted to inform that guy!
Love your rsr mod :)

No offence taken! :)

I myself use fonsecker's porsche pack for the gt3 Cup and gt3 r :)

one of the possibility is to find a drivers eye onboard video. in wich you hear exactly what the driver is hearing in the car. because many videos have the camera hooked up on the rollcage. the other possibility is to have a Porsche driver as a contact who could make some videos without the transmission

Do you have any contacts?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years