Porsche 911 RSR 2017 Delayed for Assetto Corsa

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Porsche Volume 3 DLC - Assetto Corsa.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have confirmed today that the much anticipated Porsche 911 RSR 2017, due to be released as part of the third and final Porsche DLC instalment for Assetto Corsa, has been delayed until early 2017.

Regretfully Kunos been unable to complete the new for 2017 911 RSR in time to meet the December 20th DLC release date, however to ease the disappointment of fans the car has been replaced by the very tasty 911 Turbo S. Additionally Kunos have confirmed the missing 2017 911 RSR will be added as a free update to Volume III, maybe as early as January next year.

Of course the delay will be a disappointment to fans eagerly looking forward to take ownership of the Porsche Volume III DLC pack in just five days time, however the inclusion of a replacement vehicle and a promise to offer up the 911 RSR as a free update (to owners of Vol III) is a very fair compensation by Kunos, and will go some way towards alleviating community criticism following the announcement.

For me the most interesting development from the announcement is the speed in which Kunos have been able to offer up the replacement 911 Turbo S. Does this mean the studio are quietly working behind the scenes on additional Porsche cars outside of the three already known DLC packages? Could 2017 bring yet more legendary machines currently not included in the known vehicles already confirmed or released for Assetto Corsa? Mmm, interesting...

Check out the full Kunos statement below:

"We’re aware that the Porsche 911 RSR 2017 is one of the most sought after cars in the Porsche Pack Vol. 3 DLC and we know how excited the community is after seeing it unveiled just a few weeks ago. Right now, we’re working incredibly closely with the Porsche R&D department in order to reproduce this car the best we can!

The 911 RSR 2017 is not an upgrade of the previous model, but a totally new car. As we want to ensure the best experience possible from this amazing model, we... unfortunately need to spend a bit more time on it, meaning it won't be released as part of the Porsche Pack Vol. 3 DLC next week.

We know this will come as a disappointment to our community but please be rest assured, the wait will be worth it! However, we wanted to find a way to apologize for the delay…

Since we announced the Porsche Program, we noticed that some players were disappointed with the absence of the 911 Turbo S. Today, we’re pleased to announce that the Porsche Pack Vol. 3 DLC will now include the 911 Turbo S!

As for the 911 RSR 2017, this will be available as a FREE upgrade of the Porsche Pack Vol. 3 DLC in January!"

In the meantime, we hope you enjoy the thrilling performance of the iconic 911 Turbo S, while we work to complete the 911 RSR 2017. Not only will you have the best ending to 2016, but we’ll kick start 2017 with an incredible car!

Porsche Volume 3 DLC - Assetto Corsa 4.jpg

Porsche Volume 3 DLC Contains:
  • Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017
  • Porsche 911 GT3 RSR 2017 * Coming as a free update in January 2017
  • Porsche 911 GT3 R 2015
  • Porsche 919 Hybrid 2016
  • Porsche 908 LH
  • Porsche 917 K
  • Porsche 911 R
  • Porsche 911 Turbo S
  • Free car
Porsche Volume 3 DLC - Assetto Corsa 5.jpg
Porsche Volume 3 DLC - Assetto Corsa 3.jpg

Assetto Corsa is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC right now.
Porsche Volume III DLC will release for PC on December 20th.

The Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for Assetto Corsa news and community discussion. We have a whole bunch of mods to download, a specific area for modders to discuss their WIP projects and of course our epic Racing Club and League events. Head over and join in today.

Porsche Volume 3 DLC - Assetto Corsa 2.jpg

Are you disappointed at the news of the delay to the 911 RSR 2017? Looking forward to the 911 Turbo S? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Does this mean the studio are quietly working behind the scenes on additional Porsche cars outside of the three already known DLC packages? Could 2017 bring yet more legendary machines currently not included in the known vehicles already confirmed or released for Assetto Corsa? Mmm, interesting...

I believe they do. Massarutto stated during an italian interview, when told about the current number of Porsche cars avalaible with the 3 DLCs, "for now".

The only cars I would love to have from Porsche at this point would be the 936, 935(single or twin turbo) 910, 906 and 904. The 1971 908-3, 917-20 and the RS Spyder would also do nicely come to think of it. O stuff that, just give us every car since the Type 60 Berlin-Rom wagen :D
I was really disappointed that the 936 didn't make the list as it was in the initial Porsche announcement trailer :(

Last edited:
I'd love to see a 934 and a less Le Mans-oriented 935 (The Moby Dick drives fine but it's ugly as Hell in the rear, and all that rear wing makes it understeer even worse).

But really (and this is getting a bit off topic) we need a Ferrari 512S to go with that 917K, so we can relive their epic Le Mans battle. It would also be awesome to have some modern LMP1's for the 919 to go up against (though you can get some of these via the excellent URD PX1 payware mod). The Toyota TS050 (which should've won in 2016) would be a great thing to have vs the 919.

Not to beat a dead horse, but Kunos would be wise to think not so much about individual cars, but packs of cars that raced against one another in real life. Raceroom does a great job of this, for instance.

It's finaly not a bad news. I prefer wait for a more realistic car :). And 911 Turbo S looks good.

You're right, some LMP1 car to challenge 919 will be fun : Toyota TS050 and/or Audi R18...

Just yesterday I read this on the AC facebook site:

ASSETTO CORSA WINS REDBULL.COM READERS' RACING GAME OF THE YEAR AWARD!

Now - I wonder if it is deliberate that they waited to announce the delay of the rsr, until AFTER the award had been secured..:roflmao::roflmao:;) They must have known for some time that they would not be able to get the car into the Porsche pack III, if it takes until "January" to get it ready - so why wait until 5 days before planned release?

That said - I can wait for the car - and getting another one free, because of the delay - is perfectly acceptable for me... just wondered...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Not really surprising. Releasing this car in AC when the real car has only done a few tests so far and when the spec is probably not finalised would have been a bit odd. I wouldn't be surprised if we have to wait a little past January to see it in AC.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 129 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 100 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 67 6.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 136 13.9%