Resource icon

Sounds Porsche 911 RSR-19 (side exhaust) 1.7

Login or Register an account to download this content
corsamode submitted a new resource:

Porsche 911 RSR-19 (side exhaust) - Deep and loud flat-6 sound.

Hello,

I have been working on a sound mod for the amazing Porsche RSR-19. I reached the point where I can finally release the initial version. This is a very challenging sound to recreate, particularly because the downshifts are very hard to get right. They still don't sound the way I'd like them to. Below is the sound preview.

Since there is no official car for this sound on AC, I gave myself the freedom to modify some physics values on the Kunos...

Read more about this resource...

A great alternative to all other released sounds here for the RSR! But one small thing: i tested your sound with a AI WEC field and the external sound is to quit. In the near of a all other cars you can hear nearly nothing. And the RSR was one of the loudest GTE ever. Increasing the external volume 50% louder (not 50% quiter AI cars in your settings) and it would be perfect for all volume settings...

Last edited:
Another great sound mod mate. The interior sound in particular is really very good. The outside misses a bit of the magnificent scream and bark of ACFAN's famous 911 2017 RSR mod but maybe that's a 911 generational thing, I dunno.
One thing that probably warrants attention, I notice that Content Manager flags your sound mod with the following warning:
Warning1.jpg
That might be worth fixing if its easy to do so.

Thanks for this. Your sound mods are top notch and very much appreciated.

Last edited:
A great alternative to all other released sounds here for the RSR! But one small thing: i tested your sound with a AI WEC field and the external sound is to quit. In the near of a all other cars you can hear nearly nothing. And the RSR was one of the loudest GTE ever. Increasing the external volume 50% louder (not 50% quiter AI cars in your settings) and it would be perfect for all volume settings...
Thanks for the feedback, I'll try to increse the levels. By the way, what other cars/sounds were on track along with it?

Another great sound mod mate. The interior sound in particular is really very good. The outside misses a bit of the magnificent scream and bark of ACFAN's famous 911 2017 RSR mod but maybe that's a 911 generational thing, I dunno.
One thing that probably warrants attention, I notice that Content Manager flags your sound mod with the following warning:

That might be worth fixing if its easy to do so.

Thanks for this. Your sound mods are top notch and very much appreciated.
Thanks!

This car doesn't exactly scream like the older one. It's has a very low bassy tone, rather than the high pitched scream from the rear exhaust. But I'm aware it's pretty loud IRL and I'll try to improve it in that regard.

I have no idea why it still says the GUIDs are wrong. I noticed that too and couldn't fix it. I will take a closer look later.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll try to increse the levels. By the way, what other cars/sounds were on track along with it?

All GTEs: M8, 488, Ford GT, C7, C8, Vantage, RSR 17-19 (all sounds are edited) and off course LMPs - btw, in my settings all cars have the same 100% volume - realistic and the best way to hear it, if soemthing is wrong with sound mods. (btw2 one of the last released RSR sounds here was to loud external)...

All GTEs: M8, 488, Ford GT, C7, C8, Vantage, RSR 17-19 (all sounds are edited) and off course LMPs - btw, in my settings all cars have the same 100% volume - realistic and the best way to hear it, if soemthing is wrong with sound mods. (btw2 one of the last released RSR sounds here was to loud external)...
I will investigate further. Expect an update soon. Thank you!

Thanks!

This car doesn't exactly scream like the older one. It's has a very low bassy tone, rather than the high pitched scream from the rear exhaust. But I'm aware it's pretty loud IRL and I'll try to improve it in that regard.

I have no idea why it still says the GUIDs are wrong. I noticed that too and couldn't fix it. I will take a closer look later.
Thanks, makes sense. In which case, the comparison I made to the sound from a different exhaust setup was inappropriate. I gave it a long test last night and I'm loving it more and more. I agree with you about the outside sound maybe needing a bit more 'Oomph!' but the onboard is really great.
There's a link to a supposed fix for that GUID issue in the CM warning message, but I guess you've tried that already(?).

Last edited:
First update is out!

Regarding the external sound levels, 2 things:

First, most of the nearby samples are in mono. This contributes to the sound not reaching the levels of other modders' cars. I have already compressed all the samples to maximize the loudness, and now there is no extra room to make the sound louder in FMOD. Trying to make the car any louder would introduce distortion, and that is the last thing I want. One thing that would help would be to introduce some stereo information to the samples, but I'm still exploring efficient ways to do this.

Secondly, some sounds from other modders are perhaps too loud. Some cars should not have their loudness maxed out inside FMOD, because this way there is no room left for the cars that should actually be louder to stand out. I have no control over this.

But please check this update and let me know if it's any better. Thanks!

corsamode updated Porsche 911 RSR-19 (side exhaust) with a new update entry:

Update 1.5

This is probably the last major update for this car. It's still not quite the smooth experience I was hoping to achieve, but I believe now it's in a better state than before. Downshifts should be better, but for that, please update the data folder. I made a very minor change there, more precisely in the drivetrain file.

Read below what has changed:

- The car should be louder now thanks to some new exhaust samples
- External sounds have received various other improvements, such as better...

Read the rest of this update entry...

where did you get this car from? I cannot find the 2019 car with a folder structure named this. If you could send me a message it would be greatly appreciated.

It's not a car, just the name of the file. This sound and ini files work with the original car kunos. Just create a separate tune and replace the sound. You can message me if you are still having troubles

Could you make a sound mod for the 2021 spec rear-center exhaust on the RSR? I have URD's new Darche EGT 2020/2021 (Porsche RSR 2019-2021) and like your side exhaust sound very much, as well as your other sounds ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%