Porsche 911 - How is it meant to be set up and driven?

Hi all,

I've been driving various GT3 cars in Assetto Corsa but I'm not sure how the 911 is meant to be set up and driven. I usually prefer mid engine cars like the Ferrari, Lamborghini and Audi. I wouldn't say I'm slow in the 911 but I feel if I understood the proper way to set it up and drive it, it would have more potential perhaps. At the moment, I'm driving it like I drive the other 3 but I'm curious to know what are its tricks and secrets to unlock more of its potential. Thanks.

Kunos GT3 Cup. 76 mm at the front in the pits, sitting on track, and at 10 kph. Aero heights are all the same as well.

I found why.
As soon as there is a rule for minimum height, the simpler calculation kicks in at low speed. The 911 Cup(and your cars) don't have that rule that's all. Every car that has MIN_HEIGHT other than zero, the ride height in the pits are wrong.
[RULES]
MIN_HEIGHT=0.055 ; meters min height front/rear

911 GT3 R in particular has pretty brutal shift low vs normal speed physics but every GT3 car also has that shift.

I remember clearly that the simpler calc is at least wrong on using total mass instead of sprung, ignores fuel tank location, ignores packers, bumpstops & any progressive stuff. I'm not sure anymore about tyre deflection but it's already way off even with it.

Just to be clear and avoid confusion. The actual physics are not wrong.

The ride height "indicator" in the pits is wrong, for the cars that have a miniumum height rule. That is all. It simply explains how an apparent 60/70 mm rear engined race car can impossibly end up being 40/60 mm at high speed but other than that...it pretty much changes nothing. The 60/70 shown in the pits is wrong, that's it, the car itself is not at those heights.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 262 13.6%