AC Porsche 911 GT3 Cup @ Spa - Thursday August 24th 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Also really happy that guys that don't have that much experience get a chance to be at the front of the grid.
Not sure if I can say I don't have that much experience, I'm mostly just slow and really bad at dealing with pressure (that sometimes even only exists in my head), but as far as I'm concerned, I hate reverse grids with a passion. It's forcibly putting me into a position where I would never find myself on my own and most of the time, it just ends up being an unenjoyable terrible mess with the fast guys behind hurrying to get in front and me panicking and making some mistake that not only puts me right back at the end of the grid where I belong, but often also ruins the rest of the race for me (or even for others), at least as far as enjoyment is concerned. (And to be honest, I wasn't really enjoying myself much today in either of the two races and if it wasn't for all the talk about quitting being equivalent to braking RD rules and facing a possible ban, I probably would've just apologized and left.)

I don't enjoy being forced into doing something I don't really want to do. Let me work my way up to the front of the grid on my own, if I ever manage to do that, as part of the natural progression of my learning, don't force it on me.

It's the equivalent of taking someone who can't really swim and throwing him into the raging sea. He might survive, he might not, but he's not likely to enjoy the experience and will probably hate the sea for the rest of his life.

But that's just me I guess.

(And again, at least today, everyone was very considerate and careful, a rare exception in my experience with reverse grids, and I really have no one else but myself to blame.)

Sorry to hear that man. It sucks that it's been a crappy experience for you and that you didn't meet "fast" guys that know how to overtake properly. It is always the duty of the guy behind to perform an overtake cleanly and without messing up the person ahead.

Yeah, but again, to emphasize, the fact that I wasn't really enjoying myself tonight is nobody else's fault but mine and my lack of skill and pace (and general mood, I guess). And, like I've said, the start of R2 was possibly the cleanest reverse grid race start I've ever been part of :thumbsup: (right until the moment I messed it all up).

I think you would be suprised at how many people feel that way at the front of a grid, including many
seasoned top drivers. :)

I agree with both views. We need to get experience under our belts up the front, but for some people is too much stress there.

I would've enjoyed it if I could, but after taking T1 carefully I've got a present on the right door and overtaked by most of you guys. And in Les Combes I was taken out by Florian, but it was probably more my fault than his. After watching the replay I can see that he didn't have much room to the left. Exiting the left hander I couldn't drive more to the left, though, since the line was already compromised by the evasive manouvers from a couple seconds before (beautiful three man ballet, btw :roflmao:).

Anyway, I felt better with the car on race 2. Made mistakes, of course, but that's not the point with this car :devilish:

Thank you for the races! :)

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.5%