AC Porsche 911 GT3 Cup @ Silverstone (Live Stream) - Thursday April 6th 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Joined another server to check, and I am getting major stutters there as well, so it must be me. I will bail tonight, as this will just be dangerous to others to even attempt, while I investigate

Shaun

Definitely been a while since I drove the cup car. The brakes were far more sensitive than I remember and I just couldn't get into a consistent rhythm with them. Ended up causing more problems for others than I would have liked but hope we all had fun.

well, i know what car i'm never driving again...
that was just awful, i had a setup which granted like the most downforce possible, and still i had 0 grip. every corner i oversteered or understeered, a slight touch on the throttle and you're facing the wrong way, and even when i lowered the brake pressure a tap on the brakes and you're locking up. for me the fun was gone really fast. defenitely not my type of car.

well, i know what car i'm never driving again...
that was just awful, i had a setup which granted like the most downforce possible, and still i had 0 grip. every corner i oversteered or understeered, a slight touch on the throttle and you're facing the wrong way, and even when i lowered the brake pressure a tap on the brakes and you're locking up. for me the fun was gone really fast. defenitely not my type of car.

Don't blame the car, I personally thought that it was not at all like at home, I also did my personal worst performance today, but I've learned a lot of things.
Don't give up on it just yet. I can help you with the setup next time, if you like. I've done Spa with this car before and it was fantastic.

Great races guys... I keep doing 2nd(s) in all races so far... The other day at Brands Hatch and today in both races!! Pity I had the incident with Nico in the 2nd race and hesitated a bit while waiting to see if he was recovering the position... But a great time. I'll upload both races to my Youtube channel when processed:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpUw88ZAXGOQ0Xa8eWOcTLQ?view_as=public

All the best.

Practised yesterday with ABS on, today i had a pretty exhausting day (every Thursday is), just came home for a more or less relaxing race (which the Porsche Cup car is with ABS on in my opinion), and faced a car that locks up worse then a 1930's Mercedes Silberpfeil...wasn't particularly fun on my side...
I hope you guys mention it in the future, when a car is raced without ABS..
But i guess Porsche Cup without ABS on Thursday will be a pass for me in general. On the weekend, when i have time to practise before it's okay, but after a long Thursday just coming home before the race, that's a little bit too much for me.
Thanks for setting it up anyway!

Practised yesterday with ABS on, today i had a pretty exhausting day (every Thursday is), just came home for a more or less relaxing race (which the Porsche Cup car is with ABS on in my opinion), and faced a car that locks up worse then a 1930's Mercedes Silberpfeil...wasn't particularly fun on my side...
I hope you guys mention it in the future, when a car is raced without ABS..
But i guess Porsche Cup without ABS on Thursday will be a pass for me in general. On the weekend, when i have time to practise before it's okay, but after a long Thursday just coming home before the race, that's a little bit too much for me.
Thanks for setting it up anyway!

Will do.

There will be practice servers available, setup prior to official sessions from now.

Great races guys... I keep doing 2nd(s) in all races so far... The other day at Brands Hatch and today in both races!! Pity I had the incident with Nico in the 2nd race and hesitated a bit while waiting to see if he was recovering the position... But a great time. I'll upload both races to my Youtube channel when processed:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpUw88ZAXGOQ0Xa8eWOcTLQ?view_as=public

All the best.

This has been my first somewhat-official race in 4 years, and what an experience it was! Great racing with Joao and José, both of you were faster but I somehow managed to hold you off in the second race after snatching P1 as a result of that slight contact with the leader. It was quite something fighting through the field while staying close to you guys. I'll try my best to make it on most Thursdays. Props to the organisers!

Overall the racing was clean, I really did not expect the second race with the reverse grids to go down this smoothly. Normally I dislike Silverstone but it doesn't really matter when the racing is this tense.

ABS off: I maintain my position that it can be dealt with, although a good pedal set does help a lot, and default setup is really not ideal when the ABS is forced off, so there might need to be some general information about that. I think the ABS question should be decided based on how much of a rookie/pro series these races are meant to represent.

Great racing to you all. Thanks for letting a "Yank" join you guys.
ABS on or Off doesn't matter to me. I learned today that I lack serious pace, but I'll work on it.
One this about the no ABS, I though it was on and my first corner was a complete SHOCK. I was puffing smoke like a smoke grenade in a war movie:D:D. At least it was just practice. Whew!!!

Great racing everyone, just watched the stream and great job by everyone. Amazing battles, and it was pretty much accident free, goes to show how great everyone is! This car is really tough and to manage clean racing is very hard!

I was surprised on race 2 by how difficult it is to overtake when battling with Jose and Gergo! I just couldn't brake a little later to make a move otherwise it would be locking up like crazy! I tried waiting to see if Jose or Gergo made a mistake but they just didn't, no matter what. Great driving by both of you! I ended up making a mistake on 2nd to last corner and had to push like crazy to make up lost time but it was too late. Congrats to everyone and specially Jose and Gergo for the great pace on both races! :)

This has been my first somewhat-official race in 4 years, and what an experience it was! Great racing with Joao and José, both of you were faster but I somehow managed to hold you off in the second race after snatching P1 as a result of that slight contact with the leader. It was quite something fighting through the field while staying close to you guys. I'll try my best to make it on most Thursdays. Props to the organisers!

I'm not sure about being faster. I think the three of us had a very similar pace with Joao having the edge. At the level we were driving with almost no mistakes, overtaking was virtually impossible. I did everything I could after the incident with Nico on the second race but to no avail. Great win Gergo. Congrats!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 262 13.6%