AC Porsche 911 GT3 Cup @ Monza - Thursday 29th December 2016

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Race 3
Race 4...
relationships-marriage-aviation_disasters-plane_crashes-angry_wives-wives-aviation-07630873_low.jpg

@Ricardo Edelmann , you're the first on the reserve list, so I would bet that you've probably a chance to make it. I'll update you on the qualy session, if there's any spot left, you can take it. ;)

The race was lit but I couldn't get comfortable with the car even though I could do decent times. Still spinning out on tight corner exits. Only other option is to lose time while being extra careful. Driving this car just feels like I'm balancing an egg with a spoon in my mouth.

LOL @Tobiman ..

I had that same feeling but managed to get some of the over steer out of it but I was still way off pace but the car felt fantastic at that point ! so it got better & better for me .. got into the 54's still 3 sec's off but i was doing 56's lol ...had some good battles at the rear in R1 ...we all kind kept blowing it back there lol R2 was a disaster for me .. did my fastest laps but went mental and lost the field early ..lol :poop:

I was amazed at how well the field got threw T1 in both races ! race 2 was probably the cleanest start ever at Monza with that many ! :geek: I had a rear view of the entire field coiled up like a snake threw the chicane @!

good stuff guys! :thumbsup:

How do you guys have trouble with traction on the exits from chicanes? I could just floor it and it was fine, the last 2 turns were more challenging, it was easy to upset the balance, plus it would loose rear traction in parabolica.

The race was lit but I couldn't get comfortable with the car even though I could do decent times. Still spinning out on tight corner exits. Only other option is to lose time while being extra careful. Driving this car just feels like I'm balancing an egg with a spoon in my mouth.
Have you tried using 2nd gear out of first chicane?
Another hint could be an increased toe in at the rear.
BTW, thanks to all guys, it has been very fun, race 2 in particular, with many close fights.

BTW, thanks to all guys, it has been very fun, race 2 in particular, with many close fights.

Hah... I've noticed afterwards that the fastest drivers used 2nd gear in the first chicane. Too bad for me because I used 1st gear as I thought 2nd gear would be too slow. Lucky enough I was able to handle traction and over steer but using 1st gear in the first chicane made me a bit slower overall. I believe that the last chicane (Ascari) was pretty much the most challenging part. It was so easy to upset the car and lose the back end. I might have used 4th instead of 3rd gear there, not sure. However increased ARBs at the front and back end helped me a lot to get a stable setup for Monza.

Anyway there was some good racing and overall it was nice. Thanks everybody!:)

Hah... I've noticed afterwards that the fastest drivers used 2nd gear in the first chicane. Too bad for me because I used 1st gear as I thought 2nd gear would be too slow. Lucky enough I was able to handle traction and over steer but using 1st gear in the first chicane made me a bit slower overall. I believe that the last chicane (Ascari) was pretty much the most challenging part. It was so easy to upset the car and lose the back end. I might have used 4th instead of 3rd gear there, not sure. However increased ARBs at the front and back end helped me a lot to get a stable setup for Monza.

In the Ascari I enter in 3rd for the first left hand corner then throttle (hopefully as earlier as possible) and 4th gear for the right-left corners.

Thats interesting, I used 1st and it worked for me, didn't even try 2nd.

I'll try to change the toe at the rear and see if it helps. Thx!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back