Porsche 911 GT3 Cup IMSA 2019 Moorespeed Riley Dickinson #53

Skins Porsche 911 GT3 Cup IMSA 2019 Moorespeed Riley Dickinson #53 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
TheSourceOfTheNile submitted a new resource:

Porsche 911 GT3 Cup IMSA 2019 Moorespeed Riley Dickinson #53 - Riley Dickinson's 2019 IMSA Porsche GT3 Livery

it7YIvP.jpg

After having the opportunity to meet and talk with Riley Dickinson and the rest of the Moorespeed team at the Canadian GP and Watkins Glen, I knew I had to make a skin of his Porsche GT3 Cup car. Over 30 hours of work later with over a hundred files of direct photo reference taken of the car, I have made the most accurate version of the livery that Dickinson ran at the Canadian GP that I could in a lossless 8k resolution....

Read more about this resource...

Suggestion, you should have a standard skin folder and then when you serve it out you have them split for resolution. Example, you should have 1 skin folder naming: "53_Riley_Dickinson", and then have these nested in folders for their resolution, i.e. 2k > 53_Riley_Dickinson, 4k > 53_Riley_Dickinson, 8k > 53_Riley_Dickinson.

The reason for this is some people may only install 2k due their restrictions and yet the server might only be running 8k version, there for the skin isn't used and player is served a blank white base livery.

I normally only run 4k as I run 1920 x 1080 since my TV does 120hz native and going really beyond 2k makes no difference, but 4k does look a little cleaner but hard to tell 5-6ft from the screen.

So in review, helps to have the same folder name for all resolutions as the server will use only 1, let the player or client decide which resolution to use than split by naming the skin differently :)

Thanks for your work as the team is local to me!

Suggestion, you should have a standard skin folder and then when you serve it out you have them split for resolution. Example, you should have 1 skin folder naming: "53_Riley_Dickinson", and then have these nested in folders for their resolution, i.e. 2k > 53_Riley_Dickinson, 4k > 53_Riley_Dickinson, 8k > 53_Riley_Dickinson.

The reason for this is some people may only install 2k due their restrictions and yet the server might only be running 8k version, there for the skin isn't used and player is served a blank white base livery.

I normally only run 4k as I run 1920 x 1080 since my TV does 120hz native and going really beyond 2k makes no difference, but 4k does look a little cleaner but hard to tell 5-6ft from the screen.

So in review, helps to have the same folder name for all resolutions as the server will use only 1, let the player or client decide which resolution to use than split by naming the skin differently :)

Thanks for your work as the team is local to me!
Appreciate the advice! I'll make sure to apply that for future cars. I mostly run AC as a hotlapping sim so I never really thought of servers using the cars, but that would make a lot of sense for increased compatibility. I primarily have it set up this way for this skin in particular since all of the different resolutions of the skin had a lot of different files in different resolutions. If I were to make "2K" and "8K" sub folders inside of the skin, then the user could just copy and overwrite the files they are trying to replace to get their desired resolution. Nice to see another fellow Moorespeed fan here aswell! Now that COTA is on the schedule, I hope you'll be able to see IMSA racing at your home track.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 355 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%