EU Porsche 911 GT3 Cup @ Hungaroring - Wed 02 Oct 2019

Goffik

RMG Motorsports
Staff
Premium
Porsche 911 GT3 Cup.jpg

Welcome to the R3E racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here
Server and Teamspeak Password: Click here

Teamspeak Installation Guide: Click here
Incident Reporting: Click here

We highly recommend that you join us on TeamSpeak, and that you use an app called Crew Chief. It gives you an audio spotter that tells you when cars are alongside, greatly increasing your awareness and reducing unnecessary incidents. You can download it here.

Server Name:
RaceDepartment.com EU - Wed
Cars: Porsche 911 GT3 Cup
Track: Hungaroring

Wednesday 02/10/19
Practice:
19:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:30 UTC (15 minutes)

Warmup 1: 19:45 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 1: 19:50 UTC (20 minutes)

Warmup 2: 20:10 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 2: 20:15 UTC (20 minutes) - Reverse grid to 5 places

Entry List
- 32 slots
  1. FeltHat
  2. Piotrek Blaszczak
  3. Free slot
  4. Free slot
  5. Free slot
  6. Free slot
  7. Free slot
  8. Free slot
  9. Free slot
  10. Free slot
  11. Free slot
  12. Free slot

Reserve list
  1. Reserve
  2. Reserve

UTP#5

Last edited:

Emilio Solari

Premium
I'm sorry, danno if I'll be home in time to join. So cancel my reservation or sign me as a reserve. Btw, with so few signed, would the event take place at all?

Goffik

RMG Motorsports
Staff
Premium
I'm sorry, danno if I'll be home in time to join. So cancel my reservation or sign me as a reserve. Btw, with so few signed, would the event take place at all?
Depends. Sometimes we get more people signing up an hour or two before the race. My unwritten rule is that if there is less than five people signed up, then it is up to them if they want to race or not. The server will be up regardless.

Goffik

RMG Motorsports
Staff
Premium
The only feedback I've seen so far is that it is a great improvement. I'd love to check it out myself but my ****ing back is still ****ed. :cry:

Goffik

RMG Motorsports
Staff
Premium
The best thing about trying to drive these things on XBox controller is that you get to hear the external engine sound while you do it. :inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

Goffik

RMG Motorsports
Staff
Premium
Where is everybody ?
Your guess is as good as mine. I did practice with an XBox pad for over an hour to try and add myself to the grid, but this car is just way too touchy for thumbsticks. I got about two clean laps done in 90 minutes. :O_o:

I'd be seriously interested in reading other people's opinions about why they don't join club events anymore. Would it be possible to start a discussion article about this topic? It might open a can of worms, but still. (And I would have joined today, I'm curious about the updated physics, but there was another league event to organize.)

Goffik

RMG Motorsports
Staff
Premium
Would it be possible to start a discussion article about this topic? It might open a can of worms, but still.
Nope, for the very reason you just stated. Whenever you open that can, you get the vocal minority crying out for uber-powerful cars for every event, six hour endurance races, Nordschleife, etc... none of which are suitable for our clubs and none of which would encourage the kind of close, exciting, and accessible racing that brings people back for more each week.

i sign up for basically everything but gotta admit, six hour endurance on nordschleife with uber powerful cars is my thing :D:p

PurgerUK

Premium
Kent
Have to say I've started to sign up less as there doesn't seem to a large enough pool of R3E drivers to make for decent races. If I sign up for a race I'm committing my evening plus also some practise time the previous day as well and based on recent months the odds are reasonable that we will either not race due to lack of numbers or have only 4-5 of us on track making for a poor experience.
Nothing to do with the car or track selection though it has to be said that last night I preferred to practise for Friday's rFactor 2 race which happens to be 110 minutes on Nordschleife with 43 people signed up.
I do think the new American club is a factor as the US numbers racing on the EU server have reduced which is fair enough as the race times would not be ideal for them.
Who knows maybe going into Winter the numbers will pick up again