Porsche 911 GT3 Cup coming to rFactor 2!!! Who's excited?

This is fresh of sim expo and I'm really fired up. The Flat6 mod never cut the mustard for me, it always felt like I'm driving a wooden log rather than a 911. I still feel like the AMS Boxter is the best Cup car on the sim racing market. However having a official version in rFactor 2 with it's physics and tyre model makes me a very happy puppy. Think: Cup car => new online system => Supercup for plebs!
I'm all in!

What about you guys? Any thoughts? Favourite 911 Cup in sims?

It will be very popular among the rfactor 2 leagues.
upload_2019-8-31_10-43-0.jpg

I think iracing's version is very good, feels very realistic.
I love AMS version too, it's very controllable and feels great.
Didn't test ACC's version yet, i have no idea, should test it soon.
Can't wait to drive it in rF2's nordschleife :thumbsup:

The ACC version seems very good too, however I have a problem with the ACC tyre model still (even in version 1.0.7) - it feels like the early days of iRacing where you were constantly on the ragged edge and could loose control of the car at any moment even while just trotting along. Very annoying and I can't be bothered with a sim that behaves like that anymore even though I think ACC has a LOT of potential.

Any thoughts? Yeah, similar to the Nordschleife - let's have what everyone else has by now.

But I mean, why not. Let's hope their GT3 Cup car can measure up to the Raceroom one.

Any thoughts? Yeah, similar to the Nordschleife - let's have what everyone else has by now.

But I mean, why not. Let's hope their GT3 Cup car can measure up to the Raceroom one.

They had plenty of obscure cars already and almost nobody cared so can't blame them for going with what people seem to like. It's always the same - hardcores on the forum are crying for obscure/classic cars and then no one's buying/racing them and get forgotten quickly. Sad but true...

It's always the same - hardcores on the forum are crying for obscure/classic cars and then no one's buying/racing them and get forgotten quickly. Sad but true...
I wouldn't say no one's buying/racing the obscure/classics, but the "standard" content is how sims are compared and not having the standards limits sales.

On the other hand, the "standard" content is not an instabuy for me. At this point, I'm looking for a sale because I'm not as active simracing these days now that I'm back autocrossing nearly every weekend. Looking to pick up second gen Formula E & FE tracks, LeMans, Nordschliefe, and the Aston Martin GTE, but only when they're on sale.

They had plenty of obscure cars already and almost nobody cared so can't blame them for going with what people seem to like. It's always the same - hardcores on the forum are crying for obscure/classic cars and then no one's buying/racing them and get forgotten quickly.
I didn't say I don't understand why they're getting Nordschleife or the Cup Car, just basically that I'm not all that excited for something I can drive in five different sims already, especially given that Raceroom's Cup Car is IMO extremely good.

That being said, which cars do you mean exactly when you say the had "plenty of obscure cars no-one's buying/racing"? As far as paid DLC is concerned, apart from the Formula E (which I would certainly agree fits your description to the T, but then again hardly anyone was asking for those AFAIK), all they released were the GT3, GTE and LMP2/3, which IMO are all some of the most popular cars in simracing (and real-life racing) as a whole. So I don't really see those obscure cars no-one's racing, to be honest.

(Not that I would describe myself as hardcore in any way.)

I didn't say I don't understand why they're getting Nordschleife or the Cup Car, just basically that I'm not all that excited for something I can drive in five different sims already, especially given that Raceroom's Cup Car is IMO extremely good.

That being said, which cars do you mean exactly when you say the had "plenty of obscure cars no-one's buying/racing"? As far as paid DLC is concerned, apart from the Formula E (which I would certainly agree fits your description to the T, but then again hardly anyone was asking for those AFAIK), all they released were the GT3, GTE and LMP2/3, which IMO are all some of the most popular cars in simracing (and real-life racing) as a whole. So I don't really see those obscure cars no-one's racing, to be honest.

(Not that I would describe myself as hardcore in any way.)

Hardcore is not the right word - enthusiast is what I meant, someone who's interested in the software beyond just having a race and crashing in the first corner ;)

Concerning obscure content do the following: open rf2 and go thru the list of cars - plenty of classics noone's racing, plenty of lower class cars noone's racing (Skippy, March, EVE, McLaren's, Brabham, Howston); open AMS go thru the cars list - Caterham, Metalmoro, Brazilian Stock Cars, Formula Vee (the old and new ones). All of the above are actually FANTASTIC to drive, yet none's talking about them and noone's racing them online. And I do agree with what you said, but it only proves my point - LMP1/2/3, GT3, GTE, Cup cars is where the interest lies with the general public and from all of those I think the Cup car is the purest and the simplest hence the most enjoyable to drive and master. Keep in mind that most of the people that race those new cars online NEVER go to a forum like this one to discuss or express opinions yet they generate the bulk of total sales. They don't care that much, they just wanna have exciting races with a lot of people. And I don't blame them. And if you talk about original content Formula E is that, Senna GTR is that too. Cars are not the problem in rf2, there's plenty variety. Laser scanned tracks, UI, good online system and replays is where rf2 is lacking severely compared to RR or iRacing.

Personal I am very excited by this news. I think the cup is the best racing of all and will love to run long races at say Bathurst Spa Le Mans etc.
Although I love the cup mod in Assetto Corsa and Race Room Experience, I always feel the need to run a long race, with the ability to save progress mid way. rfactor 2 will allow this.
Best wishes
Bob

ok. one year went by, and i would love to hear ppl thougts on CUP car..
since i never raced real one i can compare only ACC, rF2 and flat6... ACC feels best for me.
rF2 version i consider only because official hotlaps goes with this car on 397 server..
and flat6 is most easy for me to drive

ok. one year went by, and i would love to hear ppl thougts on CUP car..
since i never raced real one i can compare only ACC, rF2 and flat6... ACC feels best for me.
rF2 version i consider only because official hotlaps goes with this car on 397 server..
and flat6 is most easy for me to drive

I love the RF2 DLC version of the 991 cup car!
I have tried the ACC version a couple times lately, the steering is way too nervous for me. I decreased the steer ratio to a larger number to try to tame it, but it's just not enjoyable since the last update or so.
iRacing version is nice since they updated the tire model, but something about the display in iRacing makes me motion sick after about 30 minutes, so I don't play it often.
I have tried the RRE version, but my experience with it is very limited.
I also have never driven a cup car, but I do have two air cooled Porsches

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 268 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing