US Porsche 911 GT3 Cup @ Bilster Berg - Tue Nov 19 2019

davew045

250RPM
Premium
Wow, I apologize for the choppy, blurry stream! Not sure what happened, but I won't stray from the original setup I had before I attempted to use the "improved" studio. If it isn't broke, --------.

sc4dr

250RPM
Premium
Wow, I apologize for the choppy, blurry stream! Not sure what happened, but I won't stray from the original setup I had before I attempted to use the "improved" studio. If it isn't broke, --------.
Hey thanks for trying to improve the feed. It's very kind of you to do this for Race Department!

250RPM
Premium
Yeah, me too. I was contributing alot of smoke that second race with a bunch of slides that turned into slow spins. All in all I had a good time, love this track.
Yeah. What was frustrating is that I had good pace, just could not keep it together. It would be nice to solely attribute it to the car/track combo (Which was fun) but I know exactly what happened in each of my seemingly thousands of offs: I over-drove the track.

sc4dr

250RPM
Premium
Yeah. What was frustrating is that I had good pace, just could not keep it together. It would be nice to solely attribute it to the car/track combo (Which was fun) but I know exactly what happened in each of my seemingly thousands of offs: I over-drove the track.
You did have pace, and it was very easy to over drive the track. Probably the most difficult race so far. That’s why I kept telling @Sean Armstrong to just settle in and drive his race. He made me so nervous watching him power drift that 911 out of the last turn every lap! I think if he could have saved his poor tires some abuse, and not spun the last lap, he would have had his first win. He took it like a true sportsman though.
Great race guys, and thanks again @David DeGreef for another fine race day.

Wilko Jones

75RPM
Premium
I had to back out. I was woefully unprepared for the race. It was too disheartening to see the gap between me and the person in 8th grew by 7 seconds in one lap. Couple that with an off that sent me into the pits across from the pits in use, meant I was facing a black flag if I attempted to get back on track. I would have to either put the car in reverse for an extended amount of time, or turn the car around. Either would have earned me a drive through. So I decided to call it. At best I would have been nothing but a rolling obstacle to be passed every 5th lap or so.

It's apparent that I need to practice to the point where I know the track like the back of my hand. With the next race I will put better effort in to practice, not to win, but to be able to better compete. Sorry for quitting like that.

BP

500RPM
Premium
I just watched the replay and I feel bad for what happened in Race 2; apparently I cut your nose off and didn't realise you were right there going into the final S on lap 1, which set off a chain of events: I suddenly reduced speed before you had time to react, your spin forced @Keith_G to go wide and very hot into the grass, who then bumped me since he couldn't slow down in time. Really didn't mean to do that (I was giving @David DeGreef space to pass since he was already alongside me), I'll try not to make that mistake again. Makes me think of one of Alonso's funniest radio quotes:

Alonso: "What happened to Powell?"
CrewChief: "His mistake caused a pileup behind him which in turn caused someone to torpedo him"
Alonso: "Karma."

:roflmao:

250RPM
Premium
I just watched the replay and I feel bad for what happened in Race 2; apparently I cut your nose off and didn't realise you were right there going into the final S on lap 1, which set off a chain of events: I suddenly reduced speed before you had time to react, your spin forced @Keith_G to go wide and very hot into the grass, who then bumped me since he couldn't slow down in time. Really didn't mean to do that (I was giving @David DeGreef space to pass since he was already alongside me), I'll try not to make that mistake again. Makes me think of one of Alonso's funniest radio quotes:

Alonso: "What happened to Powell?"
CrewChief: "His mistake caused a pileup behind him which in turn caused someone to torpedo him"
Alonso: "Karma."

:roflmao:
If I had control of my car your move would have made no difference. I was actually losing it before your move, thus when it happened I was not thinking you had done anything wrong, but I had over-driven the car thus leading to my spin.

Honestly, I remember you making some sort of a move but I was too far gone by that time to notice. The replay may not show it but it was happening prior to your move. You have nothing to worry about, or be sorry about.

Reactions: BP
Top Bottom