AC Porsche 911 GT3 Cup at Red Bull Ring - Saturday, January 21 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Chiming in: Me and Brandon talked about this and after testing, if we use skin packs in, EVERYONE participating will have to download it, because if you don't you'll see white skins for those who are using skins if you don't have it.

I deleted all the default skins after downloading that skin pack so my car is usually white anyways :D

If that is a problem though I could verify the files to reacquire them.

I deleted all the default skins after downloading that skin pack so my car is usually white anyways :D

If that is a problem though I could verify the files to reacquire them.
You don't have to, but I'll only move forward with the skin pack IF EVERYONE wants it, and don't see any problem in having them on the server. Not having it is OK, won't break the game, but you won't see 'em, making the other driver's car all white.

You don't have to, but I'll only move forward with the skin pack IF EVERYONE wants it, and don't see any problem in having them on the server. Not having it is OK, won't break the game, but you won't see 'em, making the other driver's car all white.
Maybe put up a poll on either this events thread or next week's to see what the interest in using a skinpack is? :thumbsup:

Sounds good.

If we'd use a skin pack would some of the default liveries be available still? The below one looks very good what do you guys think?:

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/porsche-911-gt3-cup-2017-skinpack.13383/
As far as I'm aware, unlike a game like Dirt Rally, you don't need to overwrite default liveries in order for custom ones to work. So in theory, they should still be available.

At this point, I certainly don't see us using a pack for this race, it's a little too late for that.

@Brandon Wright can create a poll when next week's event is posted and we can let the voters decide. :)

As far as I'm aware, unlike a game like Dirt Rally, you don't need to overwrite default liveries in order for custom ones to work. So in theory, they should still be available.

At this point, I certainly don't see us using a pack for this race, it's a little too late for that.

@Brandon Wright can create a poll when next week's event is posted and we can let the voters decide. :)

Correct. The way setting the server up works is I pick the car and then I select each livery I want to include (duplicates if there aren't as many liveries as grid slots). Whoever gets grid slot one gets the livery assigned to that slot, whoever gets grid slot two gets the livery assigned to that slot, etc. etc. So if I have the skin pack loaded I'll see all of the custom skins as well as the default ones as options and will just add all of them. But if anyone doesn't install the skin pack they will see any car using a custom skin as a totally plain white car with no livery at all.

My only concern is that it may open a can of worms and opens the door for complaints. The last thing I was is someone to decide to bail on the race because they don't want to see plain white cars and can't be arsed to install the skin pack. From what I've seen with this group that's probably not likely though. I'll add a poll to next week's thread and we'll see what happens. From your guys' point of view, all you have to do is copy the skin pack to your assettocorsa/content/cars/skins folder, that's it.

Correct. The way setting the server up works is I pick the car and then I select each livery I want to include (duplicates if there aren't as many liveries as grid slots). Whoever gets grid slot one gets the livery assigned to that slot, whoever gets grid slot two gets the livery assigned to that slot, etc. etc. So if I have the skin pack loaded I'll see all of the custom skins as well as the default ones as options and will just add all of them. But if anyone doesn't install the skin pack they will see any car using a custom skin as a totally plain white car with no livery at all.

My only concern is that it may open a can of worms and opens the door for complaints. The last thing I was is someone to decide to bail on the race because they don't want to see plain white cars and can't be arsed to install the skin pack. From what I've seen with this group that's probably not likely though. I'll add a poll to next week's thread and we'll see what happens. From your guys' point of view, all you have to do is copy the skin pack to your assettocorsa/content/cars/skins folder, that's it.
I agree with you and your concerns. One of they key issues I do see is last minute sign ups and the headaches that could cause.

I agree with you and your concerns. One of they key issues I do see is last minute sign ups and the headaches that could cause.
I suppose we'll be a pretty regular crew in the end, and all one needs to do is read the OP once (which they will do anyhow as they need the server name and password, or to know on which layout we're driving).

Anyone else ready to join us for some great Beetle Cup racing this weekend? We still have plenty of slots open. Come one, come all!

circus-tent-barker.gif

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 327 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing