AC Porsche 911 GT1 @ Circuit de la Sarthe (Le Mans) - Wed 13Jun18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Unbelievable what happened yesterday. At first - sorry to all who hit me in race. I got the CPU OCCUPANCY > 99% warning in the first lap to Mulsanne straight 2 times. I even couldnt finish a lap in Q because every lap i got it one or two times. I am so angry because i was going for the pole in my last attempt and than on the last Porsche Chicane it happend... :cry::cry::cry:
I dont know what to hell is going on and why i this happens. I am driving in AC since beta, and took part in many races with 20-30 people, even on this track with multiclasses and never had that issue.. To bad, i felt very comfortable in that car yesterday, much better than i thought. I hope i can fix this till sunday cause i want to join the Group C event... :unsure: If somebody has an idea what i can do - please let me know... (
8GB Ram, AMD FX8 8120, GTX 660... i know this setup is not the best but it should run AC normally and it was for last 4 years....)

Sorry again for yesterday....

Unbelievable what happened yesterday. At first - sorry to all who hit me in race. I got the CPU OCCUPANCY > 99% warning in the first lap to Mulsanne straight 2 times. I even couldnt finish a lap in Q because every lap i got it one or two times. I am so angry because i was going for the pole in my last attempt and than on the last Porsche Chicane it happend... :cry::cry::cry:
I dont know what to hell is going on and why i this happens. I am driving in AC since beta, and took part in many races with 20-30 people, even on this track with multiclasses and never had that issue.. To bad, i felt very comfortable in that car yesterday, much better than i thought. I hope i can fix this till sunday cause i want to join the Group C event... :unsure: If somebody has an idea what i can do - please let me know... (
8GB Ram, AMD FX8 8120, GTX 660... i know this setup is not the best but it should run AC normally and it was for last 4 years....)

Sorry again for yesterday....
Don't worry about it. There is nothing you can do unfortunately because this particular track does not have the best optimization. Works for most, but those of us with older PC's like you and me can have issues like this. I was lucky so far, but I did not even bother signing up for Saturday, because I know that this is exactly whats going to happen.
So yeah, it's just the track itself. There is a rework of it currently going on, but who knows if it will do anything.

After I spun off avoiding whoever it was that stuck their nose alongside in the esses ( didn't we agree not to do that? ) I had a bunch of cars just appear in me as I was about to rejoin - I think I'd only just stuck a wheel back on the tarmac & wasn't really in a position anyone should have made contact. I guess someone could have been having an accident already & collected me, I don't have a replay of the start unfortunately. Definitely some oddness with that place.

On the other hand thanks to running two GPUs I have 95% cpu use all the time & don't get any occupancy warnings, so it may be something in the background for you Matt.

I just googled the FX-8120 cos I'm wasn't familiar with it. It has loads of cores (well, 8 :)) but pretty weak per-core performance. AC is basically lousy at using multiple cores so bad single-thread speed kills it. I think a CPU upgrade is probably the only thing that's going to make a difference for any track that has issues like you had Matt.
No idea how hard it would be for the track creator to fix the performance issue on the track itself, but probably not trivial or it would have been done already...

Hmm ok, thanks for answer. I am just wondering why is it happening now after 2-3 years of regular racing on this mod....
I will think what to do with this issue. For now i activated the multicore processing in my system and i will check out the new La Sarthe mod tomorrow on the Group C event.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back