AC Porsche 911 Carrera 3.0 RSR @ Riverside Monday 22nd February 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Got distracted during the start and forgot to click the wheel so I started in the pits! :D

Had a nice race trying to catch-up, tussling with Ben to begin with, then finally @Marko77 - I kept messing up when I got close and I was really worried about punting him off in the braking areas so I tried to just hang behind and put the pressure on but he handled it like a champ! Great race chap!

Thanks for organising @Interslice :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Great race everyone. It is a difficult combo so congrats to everyone who finished.

Like others my goal was to stay on track but already in the first lap I ate dust in the left hairpin after the hill. Came back 12th I think and had a very enjoyable race with catching up and overtakes. Finished 5th which is maximum result seeing the laptimes of the first four drivers. Thanks to the drivers I encountered for the clean racing :thumbsup: !

@garyb 76 I saw you followed the Golden Rule when you tapped @PfzFantaribo from behind. That's how it's done :thumbsup: !

Thanks for organising, @Interslice !

Last edited:
Got distracted during the start and forgot to click the wheel so I started in the pits! :D

Had a nice race trying to catch-up, tussling with Ben to begin with, then finally @Marko77 - kept messing up when I got close and I was really worried about punting him off in the braking areas so I tried to just hang behind and put the pressure on but he handled it like a champ! Great race chap!

Thanks for organising @Interslice :thumbsup:
@GeekyDeaks thanks for the clean racing. Did my best not block but keep charging along. Appreciate the compliment! Really fun race for me.:thumbsup:

Congrats to Reik and Patrick, superior pace and consistency. Also Erik !

Yohana Karolczak

I would in a normal circumstance keep this private, but this is the worst driving I have ever experienced in race department, ever, ever.
I let Reik go, he is quicker no point in holding him up, then along comes cheating Yohana, I'm on cold tyres taking it easy, got smashed up the back , then again, finally harder still, till I eventually come off.
This is way beyond not waiting, which he did not do, it's cheating on a grand scale.
I'm used to being punted in a lot of races, most times, I get it.
this was so blatant. I would have been quite happy to let him go on the next straight, just wanted a fun race tonight.

Come to think of it, it is the only complaint I have done in the past 5 years.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Before pointing fingers, maybe kindly ask to the other party what was going on. I did not feel that second contact, and was unsure why you went off, but its seems to be quite clear for you, and I understand. Consider this my apologies.

I shall add that I've done my share of races, sometimes having similar situations but never felt the need to behave like this or to use harsh vocabulary, or maybe borderline insults. Intentions are not a given, so inquire beforehand.

@PfzFantaribo

first hit

Screenshot (58).png

second hit

Screenshot (59).png

third hit

Screenshot (60).png

Screenshot (61).png

I feel just as sorry for all who got involved, @Interslice Brian race was messed up and a few others too.

I have spent most of my time racing trying to overtake cleanly, now I can race with the best of them, punt them off, if I do not succeed on the first attempt just keep trying.

Last edited:
Glad most of you enjoyed it anyway! To those who didn't, I hope you will be back for more tough love in the near future :roflmao: :laugh:

Maybe a bit soon to break out the 911's!! A new online racing experience for some or a sudden welcome back to no abs/slicks/tc for others i'm sure. I had been keeping in touch with the no tc and abs myself but the vintage tyres are a different kettle of fish to slicks.

Keep an eye out for the next one. I won't be around on wednesday but, hopefully that experience will stand to you guys racing in the F3 cars. We'll get some details up in the forum during the week about the racing next week.

@PfzFantaribo

first hit

View attachment 448061

second hit

View attachment 448063

third hit

View attachment 448065

View attachment 448066

I feel just as sorry for all who got involved, @Interslice Brian race was messed up and a few others too.

I have spent most of my time racing trying to overtake cleanly, now I can race with the best of them, punt them off, if I do not succeed on the first attempt just keep trying.

I remember clearly first and second, first one being surprised and having locked my wheels previously, and second one by not being used to lift that much here.

I don't recall having hit registered, and I repeat my sincere apologies for that ! But still, form vs. content ...

You should see the slow motion replay, first hit, totally over ambitious, but I get that, happy to let that slide, the other two hits you actually accelerated into the back of me.
You certainly had no intention of stopping and waiting, in fact you just drove off.

Last edited:
Congrats @Reik Major! Very impressed by your pace and not making any mistakes :thumbsup:
Turn 8 is one tricky corner. Spun four times! :roflmao:

Thanks again @Interslice for organizing! It's nice with something else than GT3 ;)

Thanks for doing me honor mate! It's very rare I can finish in front of you (did I ever?), so I appreciate your compliments. :x3:

I'm only a bit ashamed, for overshooting T2 in lap 1. By luck I didn't harm anyone.

Thanks to @Interslice for hosting! The combo was a big challenge. :thumbsup:

I watched the replay of the whole race and from different perspectives. So I also reviewed the incident from @Kek700 and @PfzFantaribo.

To me it looked like the 1st hit into the left hander was Yohann slightly overshooting it. Ernie was happy to catch the tail there.

The 2nd hit happend right after the direction change, when Ernie just hadn't settled his car as quick as Yohann and Yohann looks like misjudging the length of his nose a bit (a common situation when F1 drivers usually break their front wing and cut a rear tyre). By luck Ernie could continue...

Going on Yohann seems to follow closely through the long right hander to get an overtaking opportunity at following straight. It looks like he underastimated the speed difference two drivers could naturally have there(?)...

My personal impression is, that Yohann could have been a bit more cautious, so I can understand Ernies anger. However, nothing looks like intended so it seems to be very bad luck and another racing incident to learn from.

Thankyou Reik for trying at least to smooth things down, you and I have raced very fairly for years now, never had any problem worth more than a laugh.

But my anger was that I knew exactly what was going on, he wanted to win at all cost.
He had come off and desperately wanted to catch up, I was just unfortunately in his way, so if squeezing me out the way was not going to work then purposely shunting me off the circuit it would have to be.
He mis-judged nothing it was intentional from the first of three hits in just one corner.
I spend quite a lot of time on open server on occasions, I know this sort of cheating very well, It is very obvious.
I race here for fun, winning is not what I am interested in.
But having the opportunity to race at a good standard fairly is very important to me. And so it should for all of us.
I make mistakes like all of us here on this forum, never have I come across someone obviously cheating.

I watched the replay of the whole race and from different perspectives. So I also reviewed the incident from @Kek700 and @PfzFantaribo.

To me it looked like the 1st hit into the left hander was Yohann slightly overshooting it. Ernie was happy to catch the tail there.

The 2nd hit happend right after the direction change, when Ernie just hadn't settled his car as quick as Yohann and Yohann looks like misjudging the length of his nose a bit (a common situation when F1 drivers usually break their front wing and cut a rear tyre). By luck Ernie could continue...

Going on Yohann seems to follow closely through the long right hander to get an overtaking opportunity at following straight. It looks like he underastimated the speed difference two drivers could naturally have there(?)...

My personal impression is, that Yohann could have been a bit more cautious, so I can understand Ernies anger. However, nothing looks like intended so it seems to be very bad luck and another racing incident to learn from.
I just saw the replay from the drivers perspective of Yohann's car. And I certainly agree that he should have been more cautious after the first contacts because any experienced driver knows that if you, like Ernie here, have been tapped on the back, you are struggling to keep control over the car and therefore you loose speed. I think that Yohann should have taken that into consideration and should have given Ernie more space in the second part of the hairpin.

But more important to me is that from the cockpit I could clearly see that Ernie got off track after the third contact. I find it very hard to believe that Yohann didn't see that. He should have applied to the Golden Rule. The Golden Rule in our community is to stimulate our participants in driving more safely with respect for the other drivers. Yohann is a very fast driver and he certainly can be an asset to our community to have more competition amongst the aliens. I hope he will agree that he should have obeyed to the Golden Rule and will have the intention to act accordingly in future events.

Last edited:
@Kek700 , Please don't take this the wrong way, but the RD rules allow Yohann the right not to have to defend himself on an open forum or for his real name to be exposed alongside negative comments. I've been in Yohann's position and @ the time it made my blood boil (it was my first taste of simracing.gp... :laugh: - my response @ the time was OTT & I think we both regretted what was said). In hindsight, I should've applied pressure on the staff to remove/edit the 'offending' posts. Hint!

I fully agree with what you are saying Patrick, normally I would shrug my shoulders and move on, it was the blatant way it was done, he gave up all his rights when he acted in the way he did.
I carefully, as usual, read his comment after, there was no remorse, just an affront that I had dared to make the statements that I did.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%