Porsche 911 (993) Turbo

Cars Porsche 911 (993) Turbo 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
A3DR submitted a new resource:

Porsche 911 (993) Turbo - The hottest 911 ever

Physics by Jason Coates (aphidgod)
Sounds by Mr. Mike (ImImike)
3D model and textures by myself (a3dr)

Based off my stock 993 (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/nfs-tournament-class-b.20228/) here's the Turbo version, includes a souped up S2 version with a RUF engine, custom suspension and minor cosmetic changes.

View attachment 336203
View attachment 336202

Read more about this resource...

Thank you gents.
Looking forward to driving it....hard.

Edit:
You have made some of the same handling characteristics as the guys who brought us the Singer.
This is a car I spent a lot of time working on and driving.
You'll need to dial out the tendency to under-steer on turn in.
These are very 'pointed' and direct cars on turn-in....almost kart-like.
It'll also need to have the lack of effective braking addressed.
That was one of the things which impressed me most with the marque.
The body roll also needs to be dialed back by about 35% from your default settings.
I do love that you got the sound spot on.
It is overall a good effort which could do with a bit of tweaking.

Last edited:
I'm myself a 3D artist and creating cars. How did you put this car into AC? How did you made the physics? What is the procedure for one 3D model of an car to make it live in AC?

brilliant looking car!
preview.jpg

i feel like i don't drive anymore, i collect cars like a kid in the showroom...
this one will be the exception of dusting the T500 !

it's only 0.9 so probably temporary, you have the same dds skin_ and skin_map in all the skins taking huge amount of space :)
i think if it's temp, you could use a texture folder in the car folder, to have one map used for all skins
it works for tracks, not sure for cars

@Dux
quite vague question :)
there are a few links to your questions here : https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/how-to-mod-links-ref.141062/

and a guide :

Last edited:
I don´t want to critize your work, just for a possible next update: the license plates in Germany aren´t that as shown in your first pic. So you currently have a license plate from state Saxony shown, the BZ means city of Bautzen but there is a letter missing, like BZ - X 465 or similar.

brilliant looking car!
View attachment 336206

it's only 0.9 so probably temporary, you have the same dds skin_ and skin_map in all the skins taking huge amount of space :)

@Dux
quite vague question :)
there are a few links to your questions here : https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/how-to-mod-links-ref.141062/

and a guide :

Thank you!

brilliant looking car!
View attachment 336206

i think if it's temp, you could use a texture folder in the car folder, to have one map used for all skins
it works for tracks, not sure for cars

No, that's not temporary, they're in the skin folders for a purpose. Compressed versions are in the kn5 to keep the file size down (but looks like crap). Skin folders can take up to 20mb without affecting performance, so I'd rather use a higher res, less compressed .dds file for the body on the folder itself.

I don´t want to critize your work, just for a possible next update: the license plates in Germany aren´t that as shown in your first pic. So you currently have a license plate from state Saxony shown, the BZ means city of Bautzen but there is a letter missing, like BZ - X 465 or similar.
I don't feel like this is a critic to my work (which would be totally fine), but about a small detail I have no idea about. Simply tried to find period correct plates and those are what I've found on the web, didn't create them myself.

Doesn't this happen with all cars in AC? Smoke too. And rubble. The floor pan is a hologram.
Well I'll be...
You're right. I usually don't look down when I'm on the grass, but this time I purposefully parked (at Kyalami) to admire the balloons and passing airliner. While doing so I also looked down and saw the grass...
Tried a few other cars and yes, grass sticking through the floor pan in all of them...

So @A3DR my sincere apologies for my unnecessary criticism... :D

I'm not sure... it might just be me, but aren't the wheels quite a bit too big?

Apart from that: Top top job as always.
Thanks, and in reply to your question: Yes you are, and no they aren't :)

About the grass thing, yeah, it's been like that since day one, nothing to do with this specific car.

Well I'll be...
You're right. I usually don't look down when I'm on the grass, but this time I purposefully parked (at Kyalami) to admire the balloons and passing airliner. While doing so I also looked down and saw the grass...
Tried a few other cars and yes, grass sticking through the floor pan in all of them...

So @A3DR my sincere apologies for my unnecessary criticism... :D
Yep, it's more noticeable in VR too, and will get worse with Grass FX everywhere. I keep Grass FX off for now anyway as I reckon tracks look better without it in its current form.

Anyway, the Flintstones floor pans and the protruding grass are an added incentive to stay on the grey stuff...

Well, I'm as surprised as everyone else to see this released. The physics aren't quite ready, so just be aware that there will be updates. Any criticism at this point may be pointless.

I am happy with the S2 color selections, though. Spent the last few days on that. Hope you find something fun in there. :D

Last edited:
Well, I'm as surprised as everyone else to see this released. The physics aren't quite ready, so just be aware that there will be updates. Any criticism at this point may be pointless.

I am happy with the S2 color selections, though. Spent the last few days on that. Hope you find something fun in there. :D
And between 0.9 and 0.9999 versions we can fit as much as we want before calling it final :D

You should have put a paypal link to the mod's description. I had to go look at your other mods to find a link :D

Absolutely superb job on all fronts and sorry daniel but a special thanks to jason for making the S2 version. The best road going porsche in ac right now... period.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 192 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.8%