Porsche 911 (993) Turbo

Cars Porsche 911 (993) Turbo 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Not going to bother anyone with this, if you don't think it's too much work after ALL I do, then why don't you do it yourself? You don't even need the original files to replace geometry since CSP allows you to do so, there's no excuse if you really want all those annoying features in my cars. You can even upload it as a mod, I don't mind.

oh and on that regard
i talked to Ilja yesterday
he's doing magic again, and working out ways not to change the model (kn5) anymore for lights and stuff.
So everything can be done using coordinates of textures and so on. No more model uptading.
So totally doable by others! And no need of editing old model.

ilja, doing wonders since 1999

what I meant is compared to all the 3d modelling, AO baking etc involved to do a car.
But if you don't want all these annoying features on your cars is just fine.
I won't bother again :coffee:
That's where you're wrong. Sometimes the little things like these take more time than doing any other major task, they add more complexity to the workflow, only to be able to turn on a light bulb in the end. Is not just writing a line of code, is planning the model for it to work, setup and testing. Add to that learning how every new feature that comes up works, is more time consuming than you think.

Not worth the extra effort for me, but I welcome anyone who wants to add these features on their own.

To be completely honest, you also came up with the old, incorrect ARB calcs. :D

(Although mine weren't any better.)

And as it turns out, my WAG, purely-based-on-game-performance brake numbers were basically dead spot on before we got all distracted by "data."

Kidding aside, though, Arch has been super helpful finding and helping to interpret the assorted 964 and 993 data we've shared while building our two very similar cars concurrently. Credit where it's due. :thumbsup:

And as it turns out, my WAG, purely-based-on-game-performance brake numbers were basically dead spot on before we got all distracted by "data."

Kidding aside, though, Arch has been super helpful finding and helping to interpret the assorted 964 and 993 data we've shared while building our two very similar cars concurrently. Credit where it's due. :thumbsup:
Updating credits now :whistling:

Lol yeah, you got me there. I did make some incorrect assumptions though. This time I actually did it right. :roflmao:

Your guesses on the brakes were really close honestly. The original data we used was incorrectly laid out and super front biased due to that. Quite high pad friction too IMO so the force was quite high.

Just now, we likely figured out the brakes for good with Baker, so that's nice. It'll help my 964 car, as well. :thumbsup:

Thanks for this great mod, guys! Much appreciated and kind of a dream becoming true since it was one of my late childhood's dreamcars. :) The S1 looks, sounds and handles absolutely stunning. :inlove:

Unfortunately, AC doesn't let me drive the stock one. :( The game loads and I can even change the setup ingame and already see the 3D model but when I'm trying to enter and drive the car the game crashes. :cry: According to CM it's my GPU... but it's only an issue with the stock 993 Turbo. Does anyone have a clue?

Thanks for this great mod, guys! Much appreciated and kind of a dream becoming true since it was one of my late childhood's dreamcars. :) The S1 looks, sounds and handles absolutely stunning. :inlove:

Unfortunately, AC doesn't let me drive the stock one. :( The game loads and I can even change the setup ingame and already see the 3D model but when I'm trying to enter and drive the car the game crashes. :cry: According to CM it's my GPU... but it's only an issue with the stock 993 Turbo. Does anyone have a clue?

What GPU do you have?

I briefly had the same issue ages ago (GTX 970 runs the game fine) and it went away with an Nvidia driver update and a restart.

What GPU do you have?

I briefly had the same issue ages ago (GTX 970 runs the game fine) and it went away with an Nvidia driver update and a restart.

Thanks, that might be it... it's a 1070 and I'm at the latest driver v441 since yesterday. Hopefully the next driver will be doing better. It really is a tragedy. ;-)

Thanks, that might be it... it's a 1070 and I'm at the latest driver v441 since yesterday. Hopefully the next driver will be doing better. It really is a tragedy. ;-)

My Content Manager went a bit weird and had set everything to highest and thought I was using VR after it updated.

Worth double checking everything.

That's true... I've reinstalled and updated a lot by now, including Sol/Shader Patch and the car itself. Doesn't work so far. It's especially weird as it's the only car that's not working (out of all that I've tested so far incl. the standart 993 Turbo). However... I'll see... ;-)

Just drove it again for the second time.
I'm not sure what was done but the car feels better.
It is still a bit too pitch sensitive and there is a bit of rolling across the front axle which is not there in the real car.
I like the direction it is headed so far.

Last edited:
It is still a bit too pitch sensitive and there is a bit of rolling across the front axle, which is not there in the real car.
I like the direction it is headed so far.

While I know this is a C2 and the ARBs are slightly smaller, they're not smaller enough to really visibly affect the roll. Same with the springs. So I'd have to somewhat disagree with the notion of the cars not rolling. :O_o:

993roll1.PNG

What you perceive from the driver's seat and what actually happens with the vehicle are sometimes hard to sync up. I do have extensive experience with that phenomenon. (Which should finally come to fruition with our next release.)

Also, nothing has changed with the car. We haven't updated it yet.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 336 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 228 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 171 7.9%
  • < 5 years