Porsche 911 (993) Turbo

Cars Porsche 911 (993) Turbo 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
You should have put a paypal link to the mod's description. I had to go look at your other mods to find a link :D

Absolutely superb job on all fronts and sorry daniel but a special thanks to jason for making the S2 version. The best road going porsche in ac right now... period.

I couldn't agree more with this. The S2 is absolutely stunning. The handling is sublime, and even though it encourages you to keep pushing harder and harder, it is still surprisingly easy to bring it back under control should you overstep the mark. And I find it easier to drive than the stock version, which feels slightly more understeery to me.

Thank you to everyone involved in bringing this wonderful car to life!

That we do. I'm sure something will inevitably come up that needs fixing anyway. Always does. :cautious:
On my side, I've found a small mistake I've made with setting up the paint shader. Forgot to assign the proper _map texture to it. Not that it makes any significant difference to the normal user, but if anyone tries to do a different kind of paint might run into this issue. It's already fixed so ready for next update.

I'm on the road until the first of the month, so let's start a collection. :D

ARBs and a couple of other tweaks are already done in my local files.

Also not sure about the blue interior of the Slate Grey S2 with the blue wheels... opinions?

I'm not keen, personally :cautious:

How about white?

1574877165954.png

after the 911 singer, again a absolut brilliant mod !
The sound and modelling are splendid.
But, in my opinion and as other have said, the handling is not perfect.
Too much understeer on fast curve and entry curve. (or not enough front tyres grip ?).
I don't have much experience Driving myself real 911, but my friend's 911 (964 and 993 GT3) don't behave like that at all (mostly as a Passenger in the car)
Well, on normal road speed; it is like stuck on the road, just like on rails

But I am sure it will become soon a brilliant mod.
(It took me too some work to make the singer drivable for me, and it is not finished yet).

Stunning car. Already very nice to drive, almost idiot-proof ;) Found small oversight in the gauges though. It lacks the trip computer every turbo had:
Edit: obviously it makes the analog trip odometer on the speedo redundant.
Porsche-993-Turbo-Coupe-Sunroof-Elektr-Fensterheber.3503_4.jpg

Last edited:
Again, the handling will change. It already has on my end. The front has more bite. It'll help.

Also please remember that this is not a 964 or a GT3. This is the 993 Turbo. It's always been considered a little bit of a pig (compared to the other 993 models, not in general) and has a very conservative factory setup, which is how this one is set up by default. If you find it a little bit understeery, well, good. You should.

If you haven't tried messing with camber and toe for a more neutral setup, start there. There's substantial adjustment range. Front camber makes a significant difference as does less rear toe-in.

It will improve in the next update, but it won't ever be like the S2. Stay realistic.

Last edited:
Stunning car. Already very nice to drive, almost idiot-proof ;) Found small oversight in the gauges though. It lacks the trip computer every turbo had:
Edit: obviously it makes the analog trip odometer on the speedo redundant.
View attachment 336543
Wasn't really sure if it was on all Turbos, on the Carrera it comes standard since 1996 I believe (at least I'm sure it wasn't on the 1995 model year). I'll definitely add it on the next update.

I dont want to be misunderstood in an way .
Mods like this one are just like dreams becoming reality for 911 lovers like me.

I will never own such car myself. I have read that of course turbo porsche may be tricky to handle, but they belong to the 911 family. I mean, cruising monster
And there is no reasons that they should be more understeery as my Honda jazz. 200000 euros road cars are not made to kill their gentleman drivers after 3 curves.

I have a real small experience with real 911 driving and no experience with turbo 911.
But so far i can remember , there was always the same kind of behaviour.
Fantastic brakes.
Always brake straight until the needed speed for the curve, release the brake totally and be back slightly on power for stabilizing the car (neutral behavior) during the curve itself (from gt3 instructor on track)
After the apex, apply power, but only once (no pumping ). The car may be then understeer
Never release brakes suddenly and or in the curve itself, or it may spin .
It is a little different as driving another car.
But the car should understeer about only on power application phases, and not entering the curve.

Again, limite real life experience

And again fantastic mod.
I am sure i could manage to make it driveable for me
(I could never really succeed with the ruf yellowbird)

Thanks !!!!

if all your cars had the new CSP features like odometer trip (either digital or analog), blizzards, all indicators like TC on/off, handbrake on/off, other lights, if would be amazing

It's not too much extra work after all the work you really do.

maybe you could add some stuff so other guys could work on these features (don't know what's needed though @Ben O'Bro could help on what's needed what textures/objects, etc)

Last edited:
the brake calipers and discs seem to have no AO or shadowing, they look really bright; everything else looks spot on :thumbsup:
Quick AO bake and white lettering for the calipers on both Turbo versions.

Screenshot_2.jpg

if all your cars had the new CSP features like odometer trip (either digital or analog), blizzards, all indicators like TC on/off, handbrake on/off, other lights, if would be amazing

It's not too much extra work after all the work you really do.

maybe you could add some stuff so other guys could work on these features (don't know what's needed though @Ben O'Bro could help on what's needed what textures/objects, etc)

Not going to bother anyone with this, if you don't think it's too much work after ALL I do, then why don't you do it yourself? You don't even need the original files to replace geometry since CSP allows you to do so, there's no excuse if you really want all those annoying features in my cars. You can even upload it as a mod, I don't mind.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%