Cars Porsche 911 (991) GTA / GT3 cup

I see no issues, it's nice to have another take on the marque. The GT America is a GT3 Cup car adapted for the GTD class, which for the 2014 season had some more differences to GT3 than nowadays. We'll see how it'll turn out to be balanced against the GT classes in the game... but it'll fit nicely to the IER USCC 2014 mod either way.

Kunos themselves will probably release the 2017 GT3 Cup and 2016 GT3 R (and hopefully 2016 RSR). Those and this mod are all great cars in their own right and in their own race classes, different enough to warrant having them all in the sim.

And I'm sure it's a great modding exercise regardless. I'm certainly looking forward to the mod.

There are so many (slightly) different 911s that it's really hard to be redundant anyway. Or impossible not to be, depending on how you feel about 911s. :D

(Don't worry, I'm a fan.)

Last edited:
Eh, for me if I see someone (or people) have put a great deal of effort in, regardless of the car, I think its 100% worthwhile to check it out.

I'll be honest, this car is one of the least interesting to me, but it matters not - I can see the quality, I know how much time and energy goes into projects like this, and I appreciate everyone who does so. The effort is never wasted in my view :)

some fun with labels
Porsche logo on steering wheel will be next I suppose :) , and I will re-use same logo on wheel hubcaps too , maybe even on actual car, instead of the low resolution one from main texture

14711413_955813084531028_6555262779091870736_o.jpg

If not better. It makes sense if you think about it. If one person can spend as much time on one vehicles as Kunos spend on several, in theory that 'mod' could be made to a higher level of finish :)

Last edited:
There are, yes, but I think a lot of "quality" is dependent on "time"; something most modders probably have in greater supply than members of the development team.

There are, yes, but I think a lot of "quality" is dependent on "time"; something most modders probably have in greater supply than members of the development team.
modders do it during their free time, professional modelers do it during work time, how much free time do you have every day compared to work?

Sorry, have I offended you in some way? :O_o:

I'm a freelance designer, so some days I can spend 10 hours on a track, if I choose to. I don't quite understand the point you are trying to make :cautious:

Sorry, have I offended you in some way? :O_o:

I'm a freelance designer, so some days I can spend 10 hours on a track, if I choose to. I don't quite understand the point you are trying to make :cautious:
no, you didn't offend anyway, I was just saying that the quality can be the same, Kunos puts more effort in 3D models of the car because you see the car more than anything else.

no, you didn't offend anyway, I was just saying that the quality can be the same, Kunos puts more effort in 3D models of the car because you see the car more than anything else.
but they are working with many other constrains. Everything has to work on the consoles now aswell. You have deadlines, work on many cars at once.

my Primera had something like 500 hours on it, which would eaqal to 3 months of regular work time, ... I don't think Kunos spends that much time on their cars,

I agree with Fat Alfie, .. modders - if they have the skills - can get better quality, becasue of the fact that they could spend much more time on it

just things like headlights, on my Primera, I kept tweeking them for days to make them look right, .. whereas kunos just does same style/approach texture and they are done with it .. and rightly so, they are on budget, so they have to keep things under control

whereas I don't have to , I could spend as much time on it, until I feel like it's good enough

Sure, something like the Porsche by Meco is mentally detailed! .. but let's not forget it started as mod, at least I believe he was working on it before he become Kunos employee/contractor

and I disagree
Kunos models have various quality , some cars are better then others.

modders do it during their free time, professional modelers do it during work time, how much free time do you have every day compared to work?
usually about 4 hours a day, although I don't work on it every day of course! .. but hey, if you stretch these 4 hours/day over a year, it gives you many hours on it, more then what Kunos can afford

You could definitely work for kunos, as 3d modeler, 4hs a day could make some cars
thanks!

the thing with that though ,.. then you HAVE to work every day, .. you lose the freedom of not working when you don't feel like it , and as it gets more and more tight on deadlines, it stops being for fun and starts to be bit annoying

plus you also can't always do car that you like to do, which can also be a bit of a downside

I used to work in the industry, both as full-time and freelance, which is the main reason I have quite some experience, but yeah, since I currently have a decent full-time job, I'm not really looking for freelance opportunities :)

it would have to be some special case, and I would like to have a really decent gap to deliver the car, .. something like 2 cars / year .. and that's not really good for game companies, when they can have someone who will give them 2 cars / month

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back