1964_porsche_904_02_m.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: Porsche 904 (download)
Track: Donington Park GP / Interlagos
Conditions: 15.00 race time
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10 min
Race: 15 laps
Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

Entrylist:
  1. Stuart Thomson
  2. Steven Palmer
  3. Knut Omdal Tveito
  4. Sam J Simpson
  5. Matt Crouch (posturepaedic seating)
  6. Ulli Haus
  7. Nigel Atkins
  8. Bob Luneski
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
  26. Driver
  27. Driver
  28. Driver
  29. Driver

• Matt Crouch

I need to sort out my seating position, but seine me up....

p.s. I'm on holiday from next Thursday (17th) for 2 weeks, just if you're wondering where I've disappeared to
Probably not here this saturday either

Yeh that was an interesting night. Wasn't too sure about what to expect from these 904's, and seeing as I've never been a big fan of Porsches (or cars with their engines in the WRONG spot), I was slightly cautious as too how I was gonna go.

Anyway.
Donington:
Track is meh. It's not on my favourite list, nor is it on my dislike list. Just one of those ones in the middle, but like Zolder really. If I can hook it up, I can do alright, if not, i'll be tearing up the grass like you wouldn't believe.
Did a fair few laps in practice, trying to learn the car. Couldn't really get enough of a handle on it during practice to think I was gonna have a decent race with anyone.
In quali, managed to slap in a time quick enough for 4th, which suprised the bejesus outta me. Up with the heralded heights of Simpson, Tvieto and Thompson.

Off the line and I fairly muffed it. Dunno why. Did my usual deal - limiter, dump, hold on, but I got fairly beaten to the 1st corner by Captain Crouch, I think it was.

Anyway. I think it was Mr Palmer behind me for the first lap or so, before he got through. Along the way, Stu had a spin or something (escapes me at the moment) and ended up with myself and Steve racing not much more than 1 second apart for most of the race, and trading positions a few times. Was absolutely fantastic and when he got past the last time and started pulling a gap, I had kinda settled for 4th. During the last lap I was able to close, slowly, slowly, then heaps through the chicane and on the run down to the hairpin I dodged right to keep in Steve's mirrors a bit, the ducked back out to the racing line. All of a sudden I saw steves car running wide, and took the chance and grabbed it. I think Steve then gassed it up and spun, as a rapidly closing Leuitenant Thompson grabbed 4th.
Hard luck Steve. Was great fun though mate.
Well done to Sam and Knut too, class above us mere mortals :)

Interlagos:
Only time I'd run here was in Evo, in a Konigseigg, so this tiny little buzz box Porsche wasn't gonna be much comparison... Apart from probably being more enjoyable to drive.
Ran an identical setup to Donington, with slightly longer gears, and managed 6th for quali, with the usual suspects making up the top 5; Simpson, Tvieto, Crouch, Thompson, Palmer... With Ulli behind me.
Off the line, I again managed to muff it up, and Ulli drove past me.
Braked early and took it easy into T1, only to see Steve, Stu and Ulli all having some moments. Drove past 'em and started after Matt.
No idea what happened after that. I was concentrating so damn hard lol. I know that they all got past me after that, and then Steve and Matt had a spin and left me and Stuart to fight it out for the last 10 laps.
The gap didnt get much above 1.5 seconds (if at all), so I hope I managed to keep your mind on track Stu :-D
Ended up 4th, with Sam, Knut and Stu taking the podium

Again, well done to Sam and Knut, a class above us all morning (night).

Interesting mod to be honest. I dont mind it.
It would be interesting to put it head to head against the Alpine, but I have a feeling it would be quicker.. Maybe something like Healey or Elan would be suitable?
I dunno.

Either way.
Thanks for tonight Stu.
Great racing from all, I enjoyed myself. First time I've managed to drag myself outta a warm bed for a while.
Cheers :good:

2 great races tonight:good:

I wish I had done some practice before the race so I could have kept up with Sam:) Congrats Sam, great driving

Started 1st on the grid at Donington and got a decent start. I managed to keep Sam behind me for a few laps but did a few minor mistakes so he was always right up me bumper. After a while the sound from my headset started fading and soon it was all quiet as the batteries were flat. I find it impossible to drive without the sound so Sam was soon gone. Finished 2nd

At Interlagos I started 2nd but the start and the first few corners was utter mess. Hope I didnt do any harm... Held 2nd place through the whole race and the gap to Sam was never more than a few secs. Was very fun trying to hunt him down and the 904 felt really good round this track.

Overall feeling of the car is very good and would definitely like to see it again. Only thing I noticed was that the tires felt a bit weird. But maybe it was just me:)

Thanks RD and Stu for another goodie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 270 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 181 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 181 10.2%
  • < 4 years