Resource icon

Skins Porsche 718 RS Spyder: Martini 22 2016-11-30

Login or Register an account to download this content

Brownninja97

Premium
Brownninja97 submitted a new resource:

Porsche 718 RS Spyder: Martini 22 - Attempted to try and get the 1970 martini skin to work with it.

e773c05ffd3fca3d924990fea0a786c4.jpg

If you think im worthy then please donate: Here!!!

cf85fa985a7bad536ff73e190c3eb71c.jpg

9cd2b777d7c11cabac2d811a062635cc.jpg

Read more about this resource...

Nice try. The RS 60 (and its successor, the RS 61) didn't exist in the era of on-car advertising (save for the odd oil or tire decal), but there were a bunch of slightly different liveries (and assigned numbers) for drivers like Dan Gurney, Roger Penske, Bob Holbert, Augie Pabst, Bill Wuesthof, Don Sessler, Taffy von Trips, Jo Bonnier, Eddie Barth, Olivier Gendebien, Ludwig Heimrath, Hans Herrmann, Umberto Maglioli, Carel de Beaufort, Lake Underwood, Jack McAffee, Sammy Weiss, the von Dorys, et alia. They would be fairly easy to render, I suspect.

Nice try. The RS 60 (and its successor, the RS 61) didn't exist in the era of on-car advertising (save for the odd oil or tire decal), but there were a bunch of slightly different liveries (and assigned numbers) for drivers like Dan Gurney, Roger Penske, Bob Holbert, Augie Pabst, Bill Wuesthof, Don Sessler, Taffy von Trips, Jo Bonnier, Eddie Barth, Olivier Gendebien, Ludwig Heimrath, Hans Herrmann, Umberto Maglioli, Carel de Beaufort, Lake Underwood, Jack McAffee, Sammy Weiss, the von Dorys, et alia. They would be fairly easy to render, I suspect.
I dont find the real liveries interesting so i went fictional. same reason as to why you see rothmans and castrol liveries for the GT1.

LOL

All I can say to that. Nicely done fictional livery ninja.

I dont find the real liveries interesting so i went fictional. same reason as to why you see rothmans and castrol liveries for the GT1.
Makes perfect sense to me. You can crib from a couple dozen famous Porsche liveries and still not stray far from what lingers in the mind about the marque's fame and fortune. The Mexican Road Race 550 is a good example: that paint job would look right at home on a RSR or RS60.

That's the only disappointing thing about the D60 for me, is how dull all the AI cars look in a race. I googled the car, and virtually all of the photos showed it in silver with a number decal :(

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 337 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 171 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 292 13.4%