Porsche 356A 1600GS Carrera GT Coupe

Cars Porsche 356A 1600GS Carrera GT Coupe v0.91

Login or Register an account to download this content
Ensyuya submitted a new resource:

Porsche 356A 1600GS Carrera GT Coupe - classic 4 cylinder aircooled boxer race car

Warning
-------
Do not distribute this mod other than this RACE DEPARTMENT, share this forum link. and do not modify this mod without author agreement.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/

Porsche 356A 1600GS Carrera GT Coupe v0.9 released July 16th, 2018
------------------------------------------------------------------
Since it lacks LODs, this version is 0.9. The engine sound may be uncomfortable with the difference between the low and high rev ranges. Or someone may...

Read more about this resource...

3.jpg

you sure you uploaded the right file for the update? 280k tris, not 180k like you wrote

View attachment 260257
you sure you uploaded the right file for the update? 280k tris, not 180k like you wrote

I reverse-engineered the KN5 file and returned it to FBX and I tried it. As you pointed out, the number of polygons is increasing.
I do not know the cause. I output the FBX file of 180k polygon with 3dsmax and passed it through kseditor. This is beyond my ability. It seems better to stop posting the number of polygons.

I reverse-engineered the KN5 file and returned it to FBX and I tried it. As you pointed out, the number of polygons is increasing.
I do not know the cause. I output the FBX file of 180k polygon with 3dsmax and passed it through kseditor. This is beyond my ability. It seems better to stop posting the number of polygons.
Count in tris, no polys :)

I had a quick go in the car earlier at Monza Junior. It is great fun to drive! I'm really hoping I can match it with the Honda S800 RSC as that car has no friends. Initial testing looks promising as I was about 5.5 seconds off my GTA pace at Monza Junior which shouldnt be too far off the little Honda :D Keep up the good work, a great little car and looks much nicer than the 550 mod IMO.

i think the ground clearenc is to much. i know this car on street. By and thanks!

I also feel that the ground clearance is slightly higher. Especially in the front part. This is also the standard condition of RR vehicles. We've been developing it aiming for old time race car than the current tune-up car. Personally I do not dislike this.
The height of the car can be changed slightly directly in the suspension setting. Please be careful about change of geometry when changing car height, because this is AC !

https://www.supercars.net/blog/1956-porsche-356a1500gs-carrera-coupe/
https://www.porsche.at/motorsport-e...ie-50er/1958-porsche-356-a-1600-gs-carrera-gt
http://www.sothebys.com/en/auctions...association-with-sothebys-n09045/lot.116.html

Last edited:
Wow! Do I see a Carrera panamericana skin in there? One of my personnal favorite!!

I'm also working on a few extra liveries, the more the better!

Wow! Do I see a Carrera panamericana skin in there? One of my personnal favorite!!

I'm also working on a few extra liveries, the more the better!
Yeah I threw together a Carrera Panamerica livery with reckless abandon :p (base grey is definitely way off) I left out some of the stuff about Jesus though :D Or maybe that was a different skin that I decided against, I forget. I made 2 and pctm made 1 you can find them in the GRC skin pack if you want more skins in your collection.

OP the headlights look a little odd with the night mod, looks like the headlights themselves need to be brighter?

Hello from Germany, here 2 pictures from last week. city of stuttgart-zuffenhausen, birth place of porsche. Nice cars and a little bit down. :))) better for racing ;-))))
greetings Eddi

Attachments

• 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    971.5 KB · Views: 376
  • 456.jpg
    456.jpg
    995.6 KB · Views: 404
the headlights look a little odd with the night mod, looks like the headlights themselves need to be brighter?

A month ago I also thought so, I adjusted the brightness of the headlights, but it seems that the brightness is still not enough. Yes, it's rather dark. The picture shows the situation at that time.
Regardless of the car type, the effect of dynamic light glows pale white headlights contemporary. I think that the effect of the dynamic light of the headlight is too white for 356. Meanwhile the lights of instruments are realistic.

Screenshot_porsche_356a_1600gs_carrera_gt_coupe_pk_usui_pass_16-6-118-18-50-11.jpg
Screenshot_porsche_356a_1600gs_carrera_gt_coupe_pk_usui_pass_16-6-118-18-51-11.jpg
Screenshot_porsche_356a_1600gs_carrera_gt_coupe_s1_mount_akina_2017_16-6-118-19-7-36.jpg

A month ago I also thought so, I adjusted the brightness of the headlights, but it seems that the brightness is still not enough. Yes, it's rather dark. The picture shows the situation at that time.
Regardless of the car type, the effect of dynamic light glows pale white headlights contemporary. I think that the effect of the dynamic light of the headlight is too white for 356. Meanwhile the lights of instruments are realistic.

View attachment 261390 View attachment 261391 View attachment 261392
If anything can be done about it it would be nice, the car looks odd in my rear view mirror at the moment, it would be better to just pretend it has modern bulbs IMO than the dull headlight issue.

View attachment 261390 View attachment 261391 View attachment 261392
You can make a .ini for it, in AC\extension\config\cars\mods car folders name and add stronger light figures.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 263 13.6%