PopsRacer SIMHUB - Dash, Radar v04.24.2021

Other PopsRacer SIMHUB - Dash, Radar v04.24.2021 v04.24.2021

Login or Register an account to download this content
goonchy submitted a new resource:

PopsRacer SIMHUB - Dash, Radar v04.24.2021 - A more compact and useful HUD

All SIM Hub overlays are tested and made for Project Cars 2, but they work perfectly in AMS2. They work in other sims as well, but not all features are available. All Sim Hub overlays are always scalable. They require you to run the game in windowed mode. I'd highly recommend windowless modes in all games. I've also developed track names for PC2. AMS2 would be a fairly easy conversion. I'd be happy to help assist anyone that would like to take that project over. :)

The original PC2 post...

Read more about this resource...

Hi mate. Download link doesn't work. Just opens another window with image.
I link the files to my Dropbox and through Orangedox so that I can monitor/control the downloads. The links are on my first post, but here they are again. If you play Project Cars 2 I've also developed a corner names overlay for 20+ tracks/variations (linked below and on the PC2 forum page).

Dash (PC2 & AMS2 and works mostly on other Sims):
https://dl.orangedox.com/a2FMiwRPAwGIySPBzn

Radar (SIM Hub Universal):
https://dl.orangedox.com/0SR4gvtKET1QqZNuQ8

Corner Names (PC2 only)
https://dl.orangedox.com/UJDmVfPVO2f7S5E4f9

Pro tip: If any of the overlays in Sim hub act sluggish, you may need to limit the game FPS through steam or your GPU driver. After that you should get smooth a FPS. I’ve experienced this even with higher end CPU and GPUs.

Don’t forget to donate to the Sim Hub developers to unlock the full speed.

Hi, does this overlay show temperatures in celcius as well? Does it also show when boost is available in the stock cars for example?
Yes. The units are controlled through Sim Hub through Sim Hubs Settings menu.
  • Speed can be changed to show in KMH or MPH.
  • Temp is in Celcius, Farenheight, or Kelvin.
  • Pressure is in PSI, KPA, or BAR.
  • Fuel is in Gallons or Liters.
Boost is always displayed on the inner dial gauge. NA cars will always be fully boosted while boosted cars are shown with the same gauge, but you will see the boost build up and then drop depending on the boost/RPM. Gauging your shift points can be helped with this, the accelerator gauge, and HP/TQ output.

PopsRacer

Yes. The units are controlled through Sim Hub through Sim Hubs Settings menu.
  • Speed can be changed to show in KMH or MPH.
  • Temp is in Celcius, Farenheight, or Kelvin.
  • Pressure is in PSI, KPA, or BAR.
  • Fuel is in Gallons or Liters.
Boost is always displayed on the inner dial gauge. NA cars will always be fully boosted while boosted cars are shown with the same gauge, but you will see the boost build up and then drop depending on the boost/RPM. Gauging your shift points can be helped with this, the accelerator gauge, and HP/TQ output.

PopsRacer
Wow, that is awesome, thanks!

Once Sim Hub is installed these overlays will auto install into the dash overlay section of that software. These file types will then be associated w the software and will install when you try to open them. I haven’t had enough time to make a video tutorial on using Sim Hub, but I’m sure there is information on YouTube and probably even Sim Hubs website.

-Pops

Do those overlays work in vr
Yes, but I haven't spent much time trying to get it to work. You'll need other software to make it work. It seems like it would be the easiest with Oculus VR. Otherwise, the two other choices are Crew Chief w its VR overlay options or OVR Toolkit. I purchased OVR Toolkit and it seems confusing, IMHO, and gave up quickly... I have been racing in 2D lately. :geek:

Yes, but I haven't spent much time trying to get it to work. You'll need other software to make it work. It seems like it would be the easiest with Oculus VR. Otherwise, the two other choices are Crew Chief w its VR overlay options or OVR Toolkit. I purchased OVR Toolkit and it seems confusing, IMHO, and gave up quickly... I have been racing in 2D lately. :geek:
Thanks mate.

Hi mate, i wanted to ask. I plan to use these in the BTCC FANS PS4 racing league comms and want to ask
1) Is that ok
2) Is there any way to move the PopsRacer Dash V04/24/2021 to the bottom? I want to give you credit for the work that you do but would like a clean panel

Hi mate, i wanted to ask. I plan to use these in the BTCC FANS PS4 racing league comms and want to ask
1) Is that ok
2) Is there any way to move the PopsRacer Dash V04/24/2021 to the bottom? I want to give you credit for the work that you do but would like a clean panel
Btw- I have a slightly updated dash in the Project Cars 2 section. The tire grip was the biggest change on it. There was a slight discrepancy that I corrected.

I'm not sure if I understand your question #1... If you use it for a broadcast or YT stream, etc please let others know. I find the dash very helpful and compact for all the information it gives. Sure - use it, modify it, and let others know about it. ;) Please post back a link to your broadcast.

#2 You should be able to move it or even scale it to any size on your screen. That's one of the beautiful things about Sim Hub.

One pro-tip about using this and it running full FPS (besides donating to SimHub for 60 FPS). I end up limiting my FPS in-game to 90 FPS and SimHub runs super smooth. You can do this through Steam settings or your GPU driver. I set my FPS limit through Nvidia's controls. btw - I chose 90 FPS arbitrarily.

Pops

i can't get radar to work in AMS2. other overlays work just fine but the radar overlay doesn't show any nearby cars. i also tried other radar overlays but none of them work in AMS2 i do have proximity ON and tried to switch that off no joy any idea's?

Last edited:
i can't get radar to work in AMS2. other overlays work just fine but the radar overlay doesn't show any nearby cars. i also tried other radar overlays but none of them work in AMS2 i do have proximity ON and tried to switch that off no joy any idea's?
I haven't had time to re-try this. If other Simhub overlays (if i remember the settings correctly in AMS2 or PC2 -> system output types to PCars 2 and UDP to 1) are talking to AMS2 and displaying over the AMS2 display (windowed mode) it should work. I don't recall that any other plug-ins are required.

Does the radar work in other sims on your PC?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 340 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 467 38.9%