PopsRacer FFB - w full SOP Chassis, full tire patch, and full carcass

Misc PopsRacer FFB - w full SOP Chassis, full tire patch, and full carcass PopsRacer v2021.10.31 - Full SOP w two versions

Login or Register an account to download this content
goonchy submitted a new resource:

PopsRacer FFB - Truthfully a night & day difference in FFB from all others

REPOST from ProjectCars forum:
To all the pretend racers out there, I too am very disappointed by the surprise announcement about the Project Cars 3 non-simulator. It's not a total surprise as the simulation side of things has been transferred to Reiza Studios and its Automobilista 2 game (AMS2). I really just hope that Reiza and SMS would keep updating PCars2 w/ downloadable car and track content. Could you imagine a Reiza Track pack? Anyway, Project Cars 2 still has a special place...

Read more about this resource...

A must have, I replaced Jacke Spade one.

Pros:
- Balanced wheel weight, not too light (eg. Christiansen Pure) or too heavy (eg. Jacke Spade), with a good progression according to speed
- Very smooth on T300RS. You can feel very well the road fx and curbs, but without unpredictable behavior
- Nice feeling of mass movement, even during braking
- Balanced for many cars, you don't need to reassing volume, tone, etc.
- I like the engine vibration, not invasive but present

Last edited:
Thanks for all your hard work on this file. I reinstalled PC2 just to try this file, and I wasn't disappointed. TS-PC racer with default in TM control panel and 100, 50, 30, and 20 in game. Still experimenting but feels great so far!

Last edited:
Thank you for the positive feedback! I’m a working on further improvements to the engine FX and scrubbing (both are feeling really really great!)

I have a new release to my coffee donators. Those who donate a cup of coffee will always receive early access through email. The current early access adds a single FFB that makes the dead zone adjustment simple for everyone. No need to have high end low end and medium end FFB. Simple, efficient, and affective.... it also has improved road feel, improved break feel, and a significantly reduced snap oversteer on that early access FFB.

Great to be a part of the RD forum!

Thanks for this, but what annoyingly happens on g27 (followed your settings in the ini too)
In some cars, on ABS braking the wheel shakes left to right, unrealistic because abs lockup in modern cars is not felt that way.
Assetto corsa and competizione do it much better.

Any way to reduce this in the ini????

Thanks for this, but what annoyingly happens on g27 (followed your settings in the ini too)
In some cars, on ABS braking the wheel shakes left to right, unrealistic because abs lockup in modern cars is not felt that way.
Assetto corsa and competizione do it much better.

Any way to reduce this in the ini????

Yes, I believe so. One of the things I’m working on improving is the scrubbing feel. I believe that changes the way the abs comes across. Can you point to a specific car you felt this on?

Yes, I believe so. One of the things I’m working on improving is the scrubbing feel. I believe that changes the way the abs comes across. Can you point to a specific car you felt this on?

recent fresh example- I will post more when I play again
Porsche Carrera GT with medium tires and 86% brake pressure.
Mclaren 570S - less juddery but the wheel kicks hard, almost like there's no power steering (see below)
and if I up the ABS % in the ECU setup.... more shakes.

... 2 points.
-They arent properly simulating how powersteering works in hiding the small jolts while keeping steady forces. Its like driving a car with no power steering - everything comes up to the wheel full force (geared down) instead of damped.

-It also seems to be a frequency issue. For example in assetto some independently made cars ran a super low ABS frequency, causing HUGE pulsation. The wheel didnt feel it. But it seems pcars2 is that crappy of an engine to bastardize the true nuances of abs between generations. Older ABS was lock, roll , lock roll... slow New ABS is so quick it can be on the verge of lockup!

Last edited:
recent fresh example- I will post more when I play again
Porsche Carrera GT with medium tires and 86% brake pressure.
Mclaren 570S - less juddery but the wheel kicks hard, almost like there's no power steering (see below)
and if I up the ABS % in the ECU setup.... more shakes.

... 2 points.
-They arent properly simulating how powersteering works in hiding the small jolts while keeping steady forces. Its like driving a car with no power steering - everything comes up to the wheel full force (geared down) instead of damped.

-It also seems to be a frequency issue. For example in assetto some independently made cars ran a super low ABS frequency, causing HUGE pulsation. The wheel didnt feel it. But it seems pcars2 is that crappy of an engine to bastardize the true nuances of abs between generations. Older ABS was lock, roll , lock roll... slow New ABS is so quick it can be on the verge of lockup!

The signal from PC2 to the FFB will always be the same. I’ll still take a look to see if that can be mitigated.

Also PC2 is not simulating power steering at all. It has always claimed to give the raw data as if it was a non power steering system. <shrug> Nothing is ever perfect and you just need to decide to play whatever you think is the funnest.

Cheers

BMW 1M coupe stanceworks, oem setup. A huge amount of jitter left right punch lol

The signal from PC2 to the FFB will always be the same. I’ll still take a look to see if that can be mitigated.

Also PC2 is not simulating power steering at all. It has always claimed to give the raw data as if it was a non power steering system. <shrug> Nothing is ever perfect and you just need to decide to play whatever you think is the funnest.

Cheers

BMW 1M coupe stanceworks, oem setup. A huge amount of jitter left right punch lol

robnitro,
I test drove the 570s & Carrera GT last night. I tweaked a few things in the FFB and made my custom FFB better in regards to the ABS. I still need to strip all the fluff out of the FFB and see exactly what the core provides. Time is my limiting factor. Ultimately the signal from the game seems like it will always communicate that to the FFB. I'll keep looking into it, but I don't normally drive "street" cars in the game. I like either older cars w/o the ABS or even some of the GT cars or the Formula Renault. Some of those have ABS, but don't show the jitter as much. Those feel great to me. It probably has something to do with their tire compound. Maybe SMS should have done something to hide the jogging-jitter w/ some power steering characteristics, but they didn't.

I see that you've been posting on every forum posting dealing with custom FFB asking the same question and keep coming back to any new FFB. I don't have a complete solution. In the meanwhile I suppose you can try turning ABS off, driving different series of cars, or keep searching. Also, the pedal set makes a huge difference. Without the control of a load cell it's really difficult to modulate and control the cars. That was my first upgrade when I had a G27. <shrug>

The BMW 1M coupe stanceworks. I recall driving that a while ago and hated that car. I'll pass on testing that one again. ;) PC2 is not perfect but provides a ton of really great content especially for the disounted price these days! Enjoy it for what it does right. It does a lot of things right... And like I mentioned above. Time is limited. If you don't like something move on to something you like.

Best Regards,
PopsRacer

Last edited:

robnitro
I don't like driving the road cars, but I drove the 560S once again after my development FFB tonight. I think the FFB is better because of it, but one thing that really made a huge difference is the car's setup. Turn down the ABS strength. Most of the time I turn down the brake strength in cars as well. In this case, I think, the default ABS is 80 in both the OEM and the fast setup. I turned this down to 20, and 30 and the ABS was quickly kicking in from the overlay dash. The ABS wasn't thrashing my wheel. You can try different settings to help the drive/feel, but I'd suggest trying this and posting back.

I've also fixed car setups when the "curbs of death" are killing me. The drivetrain needs to be adjusted, but that's a lot more typing then I have time for tonight. I haven't found any good tutorials on this, but I think I have that figured out pretty well for myself and can keep on the throttle over curbs w/o killing myself.

All the best,
PopsRacer

What deadzone setting do you recommend with a G29? Thanks!

Here's the general Deadzone's that have been posted on other forums for multiple wheelbases. This is also listed in my FFB txt file.

Fantec CSR: 0.0
Fantec CSv2.0: 0.0 to 1.0
Fantec CSv2.5: 0.0 to 1.0
Fantec 911 GT3 RS v1: 0.0 to 6.0
Fantec GT2: 0.0 to 11.0
Fantec Turbo S: 0.0 to 10.0

Thrustmaster T300RS: 0.0 to 8.0

Logitech G25: 1.0 to 6.0
Logitech G27: 16.0
Logitech G29: 16.0
Logitech Driving Force GT: 3.0 to 5.0
Logitech Driving Force Pro: 0.0 to 1.0

Thanks @goonchy ! I really like the file. However, with formula cars I experience clipping with 100 gain and 50 volume on a G29. You suggest to lower volume in that case, but then the wheel becomes very light on straights and slower corners. Would it be good to lower gain instead of volume to keep a more heavier wheel and avoid clipping at the same time?

Thanks @goonchy ! I really like the file. However, with formula cars I experience clipping with 100 gain and 50 volume on a G29. You suggest to lower volume in that case, but then the wheel becomes very light on straights and slower corners. Would it be good to lower gain instead of volume to keep a more heavier wheel and avoid clipping at the same time?

It won’t hurt anything. Give it a try and report back.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 106 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 147 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 40.0%