PopsRacer FFB - w full SOP Chassis, full tire patch, and full carcass

Misc PopsRacer FFB - w full SOP Chassis, full tire patch, and full carcass PopsRacer v2021.10.31 - Full SOP w two versions

Login or Register an account to download this content
goonchy updated PopsRacer FFB - w full SOP Chassis, full tire patch, and full carcass with a new update entry:

V2021.10.11 - full SOP Chassis

PopsRacer V2021.10.11 -- SOP Chassis
  • V2021.10.11
    • Full Seat Of Pants (SOP) car chassis lets you feel what the back end of the car is doing, including the LSD.
    • Internal rebalancing lets you feel the traction loss.
    • Full SATA
    • Full Tire Patch
    • Real curbs feel
    • Return of PC2's easy default in-game slider
      • GAIN is gain (default 100)
      • VOLUME is volume (default starting point is 50)
      • TONE is tone (default 50 -...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I have followed your work for some time, tested few of your revisions but there was almost something not quite right, either weight of the wheel, "notchness" etc

I am happy to report today that, to me, you absolutely nailed it this time around.

using the MD to DD variant on my TSPC racer wheel, with 75/60/60/50 in game settings and it has surpassed my long time beloved Jack Spade Custom FFB.

really well done!

….it has surpassed my long time beloved Jack Spade Custom FFB.

really well done!

nolive721
Thanks for the accolades and for keeping tabs on my progress. I’ve been playing w the tone slider control as well. Some cars feel more connected w it set higher somewhere around 70-85. Im trying to find a one TONE setting fits all cars, but either way TONE and VOLUME are assigned to my wheels buttons, which makes it easy.

…I’m glad you reconnected w PC2 ;)

-Pops

Always been a PC2 fan for the depth and beautiful package really easy to jump in

and the jack spade FFB was giving me what people were complaining about

But again what you did takes the game to even higher level really i am not pretending

And yes i am also bidding tone and volume to adjust car by car

I will spread the words about your great work on forums i can tell you

Last edited:
Great version for TS300, I use the more detailed one. However, I think there is a overstrength for the engine vibration. If a set the engine_volume more than 0.5 (eg. 1), the wheel start to rattle, and if I set just ten, the wheel is out of control. However, with 0.5 I have a nice vibration, and the FFB is the best!
Thanks

Last edited:
Had a chance to update to the latest version and spend a couple of hours over the weekend enjoying it !
I've used your default settings again with my kit:
Thrustmaster TS-XW, T-LCM pedals, SHH Newt shifter

I only adjusted the VOL per car, as I like how it was immediately.
I think I can feel the lockup without ABS better now too, which is handy!

Really great job, makes playing PC2 a pleasure!

Thanks for the extra reviews. Hopefully, we get some more reviews posted for some added attention. Anyway, someone at the SMS/PC2 forums asked for the settings that I use as they have a Fanatec CS V2.0 and I have a CS V2.5. One of my favorite series of cars is the GT4's. I love the manual gearboxes in the Mustangs and even the Toyota GT4 '86, but I also fell in love with the little KTM XBow. That car is so well-balanced and just nimble. Anyway, I used the Time Trial mode as the setting are constant and the tires are already preheated. I also used the default Loose car setups. I did a spread of the TONE settings at 25, 50, and 75 for each car. I really like the way a higher TONE setting feels, maybe somewhere between 50 and 75.....I do have to tease you all that another update is in the works, lots more testing will need to be done beforehand, but I gotta say it seems surprising that it's even better. So these settings are only valid for V2021.10.11... and of course it's a look at my personal taste in feel.

# My Fanatec wheelbase settings are:
# SEN Auto
# FF 100
# SHO 000
# ABS 000
# DRI OFF
# FOR 100
# SPR OFF
# DPR 00
# FEI 030

some personal suggested settings for v2021.10.11.JPG

Last edited:
Update for discussion:
I have been doing some more driving, testing, and adjustments. I was going to release a quick update for something else I found in the SOP, but I am really glad I held off. I now realize what has always bugged me about PC2 and the TONE control. The default TONE control is very similar to what a TONE control does on a cheap old radio. A radio adjusts between the treble and bass. On PC2 it adjusted between Fy and Mz. Both have a "similar" feel to our wheel, but they are not exactly the same forces. Last night I was testing the McLaren GT1 around Brand Hatch GP. As I was turning up Surtees and feathering the throttle, the back end of the car came around. The feel of what the car was doing was lost or too vague and I spun out. I did this again on the next lap, the same thing happened. My tone slider was higher than 50, which means Mz (alignment torque) gets scaled-down and Fy (lateral forces) are scaled-up. All forces are scaled by the volume, which is a basic fundamental of how the sliders work (see spreadsheet screenshot of a diagram and how tone and volume interact). Before this, I had been experimenting with scaling Fy and Mz together. I went back to that FFB and drove the GT1 McLaren the exact same way and I could feel and hold the car on the throttle through that uphill corner with confidence. I'd guess that the majority of the forces needed to know what the car is doing come from Fy & Mz. It puzzles me why SMS would need to have tone control attached to them. Maybe for the differences in lower-end wheels or higher-end wheels, I am not exactly sure. I think it was a mistake and I don't have enough time and easy developments tools to deeply analyze them, but from what I have experimented with PC2 and its FFB, scaling different axis or dynamic features from what the game engine is producing has never been a success for me.

Anyway, I am trying to get an update released before this weekend as I have some personal projects that will be absorbing my time for the next two weeks, or so. I will be trying to get this released before the weekend, otherwise, I guarantee that it will be delayed. ;P

I really will need as much feedback from users as possible. That has always been more helpful than you know!

PR_tone_analysis.JPG

I haven't used your FFB settings enough to give specific feedback, but it does seem that Fy & Mz are critical to the "self correcting feel" of the car in PC2. I primarily use the Silverproject 9.7 setting and have noticed that turning the volume up significantly from the recommended value really helps with the drivability of the cars. I have an Accuforce DD wheel and I turn the volume up from between 40 and 55 depending on the car and it makes a huge difference in feeling the backend of the car and essentially being able to instinctively drive through the oversteer.

Last edited:
goonchy updated PopsRacer FFB - w full SOP Chassis, full tire patch, and full carcass with a new update entry:

PopsRacer v2021.10.31 - Full SOP - w two TONE control versions

PopsRacer v2021.10.31 - Please help me compare and contrast both TONE versions. The default SMS vs equally scaled FyMz. I'm trying to get this out quickly as I have some other projects in the works and won't be able to get back to this - details are brief. I will try to keep up with discussions and comments.

Start with TONE at 50 on both versions. At a tone-setting of 50, this is the RAW unscaled game engine. They both should feel exactly the same.

Increasing TONE from there will...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey mate. Just wanted to say that you have another fan here. I just downloaded your config yesterday and spent an hour with it tonight. It almost makes Project Cars 2 playable again. I'm another Logitech G923 user so just wanted to say thankyou.

Hey mate. Just wanted to say that you have another fan here. I just downloaded your config yesterday and spent an hour with it tonight. It almost makes Project Cars 2 playable again. I'm another Logitech G923 user so just wanted to say thankyou.
Good morning Zychion,
I'm glad my FFB has brought something back to your wheelbase and senses. ;) Hopefully, you were able to download v2021.10.31 as there are some minor tweaks and a missing variable/adjustment in the SOP from the previous version, v2021.10.11. The download also has two versions to try. I tend to like the FyMz tone slider the most, but I am really curious what the community's take is. Everyone has different subjective tastes, I recently bought a formula rim for my wheelbase and even that changes the way the FFB feels to me compared to my round rim.

Best regards!
Pops

I've downloaded your 31/10 version now. I'll give it a try. Everything everyone says about the G923 being weak as piss is very correct. We really have to crank the volume slider right up just to be able to feel everything. As soon as I get a comfortable feel out of the wheel I will leave a review so I can leave my feedback along with it as this FFB really does let me feel the curbs and also let me catch the car as it oversteers but I haven't quite gotten it to feel right when I nudge or bump other cars.

…Everything everyone says about the G923 being weak as piss is very correct. We really have to crank the volume slider right up just to be able to feel everything….
Yes, I remember reading about how weak it outputs in PC2. I don’t understand how Logitech bumbled a product that is essentially from 2009, it makes no sense. On a g923, does the game recognize it as a Logitech or do you need to connect it as a generic wheel? Give me an example of a car you drive and what the in-game sliders are; with those settings are you just starting to clip?

Last edited:
So I have just begun playing with your latest FFB. My settings are currently Gain=100, Vol=90, Tone=75, FX=75. I'm pretty certain that I'm clipping a lot when going over curbs and things but I'm feeling everything I need to feel. It feels weighted but not too heavy. It can go light enough in the corners that you feel it. I'll keep tweaking it. Also, with your two offered FFB files, the SMS tone one feels useless.

So I have just begun playing with your latest FFB. My settings are currently Gain=100, Vol=90, Tone=75, FX=75. I'm pretty certain that I'm clipping a lot when going over curbs and things but I'm feeling everything I need to feel. It feels weighted but not too heavy. It can go light enough in the corners that you feel it. I'll keep tweaking it. Also, with your two offered FFB files, the SMS tone one feels useless.
Is your wheel connected to PC2 as a legacy wheel?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%