PopsRacer FFB - w full SOP Chassis, full tire patch, and full carcass

Misc PopsRacer FFB - w full SOP Chassis, full tire patch, and full carcass PopsRacer v2021.10.31 - Full SOP w two versions

Login or Register an account to download this content
goonchy updated PopsRacer FFB - now with SETA real tire physics with a new update entry:

PopsRacer FFB V02.14.2021 - in pursuit of RF2 FFB in PC2

Version V02.14.2021 is now released for the public

Hi Coffee Backers & online friends,
Thank you for all the positive feedback and suggestions. Here's the update that includes what I was hinting at doing. The engine FX will now be set by adjusting a user variable in the text file. Engine FX is at 0 by default. The center boost strength is now controlled by the TONE slider. The center boost is a percent (%) over the normal volume strength. A good starting point might be a TONE of 10 or 15. I...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Let's get this FFB noticed. If you love it give it a 5-star review. If there is something you find lacking, please let me know. Every FFB and MOD helps keep PC2 going-growing. If you love another FFB, let them know too. The online PC2 racing is still strong. The STEAM user base is still decent, but can and should grow.

PopsRacer

well of course, 0 gain means zero force.

Try out something like:

Gain 30
Volume 70
Tone 25
FX 10

Works well with T300 RS, T150, G-29, G-920.

With my later versions you can have gain at zero. I think I introduced this in December. Gain now controls the amount of road surface detail. Some wheelbase and personal preferences might not like too much road detail or nothing at all. The higher level the wheel, the better it feels.

The use of gain in the stock FFB form just lowered everything all together. It was kind of a weird use IMO.

Last edited:
the values above are meant to be used with latest v.12.21.2020. Its on the strong side of FFB without clunky feel on gear driven wheels.

I released a new version this week v.02.14.2021 Center boost or center strength replaces the engine TONE slider. You can still have the engine FX on, but you'd need to set that in the text file manually. Easy enough to do and worthwhile to have better center strength... actually there are a LOT of new improvements. Real physics curbing (kurb), stronger alignment torque, rebalancing the tire carcass and tire tread, and more. There had been 3 updates to the coffee backers between the December update and this week's public update.

PopsRacer

I used v.02.14.2021 for a few days now with Logitech G-920. I like it a lot by now it replaced earlier versions. The departures of engine vibration noise and canned Curbs made it a lot better. On Hockenheim Classic, using my general FFB testbed, the BMW M1, Steering Wheel still tends to oscilate in the fast straights, but it's controllable at all times. Can be nullified with Car setup so it definately comes from the physics engine of PC2.

Wheelbase: Logitech G-920 + H-Shifter + "zombified" costomized Joystick as E-Brake.

Driving aids all off, auto Clutch off.

Gain: 32
Volume: 56
Tone: 24
FX: 16

I used v.02.14.2021 for a few days now with Logitech G-920. I like it a lot by now it replaced earlier versions. The departures of engine vibration noise and canned Curbs made it a lot better. On Hockenheim Classic, using my general FFB testbed, the BMW M1, Steering Wheel still tends to oscilate in the fast straights, but it's controllable at all times. Can be nullified with Car setup so it definately comes from the physics engine of PC2.

Wheelbase: Logitech G-920 + H-Shifter + "zombified" costomized Joystick as E-Brake.

Thanks for the comments, review, and posting your settings. Your settings will help a lot of G920 users have a good starting point.

I love the BMW M1 Procar in Project Cars 2! I'll have to lap that at the Hockenheim Classic. The M1 is pretty well balanced and well-behaved. I'm guessing that the road texture detail might be coming through on the straights. It would be interesting to test and compare another car with a thicker tire profile and a softer suspension with your wheelbase at the Hockenheim Classic.

I finally had a chance to test Hockenheim classic w the M1 Procar and confirmed your findings, even with my wheelbase. The road detail is harsh or detailed on this track. I turned the gain down to 0 and it was a lot better. Reducing the tone or the center boost helped too, but it was okay w my normal tone.

After running a few laps in the BMW I took the KTM X-Bow R out onto the track. It’s a night and day difference w another car that has great balance, but has much more suspension travel. Both cars are great. Both cars are very different. It’a good to see the amount of detail SMS had underlying in this game!

I did not try to compare the modern track w classic yet, but I imagine it is a lot more smoother as the straight sections have been revamped in the modern version.

Yes, the bumps are a feature of all the classic tracks, it's a heritage that even made it into AMS2.

AMS2 seems to bring in a lot of recycled content, but not complete content from PC2’s. ;) I guess recycling is good for the environment. personal preference, but I still prefer PC2.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 106 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 147 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing