PopsRacer FFB - w full SOP Chassis, full tire patch, and full carcass

Misc PopsRacer FFB - w full SOP Chassis, full tire patch, and full carcass PopsRacer v2021.10.31 - Full SOP w two versions

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi, first of all i appreciate the work you are doing to bring life to this game.
with respect to the FFB, in version 02.14.2021 there was a user variable "VolumeMin" with default value 1.75, wich i changed to 2.0 for better taste of the force, with newer versions i feel somewhat "lack of force" through very better detail of surface and car movement.
I'm using a Logitech G923, FFB settings in game GAIN 42, VOL 92, TONE 62, FX 50. Im racing mostly with the Tuorism Cars (TCR). (file version at moment of post: PopsRacerFFB v.2021.05.15 - SETA-Patch+Carcass+LSFB (Logitech))

Last edited:
Hi, first of all i appreciate the work you are doing to bring life to this game.
with respect to the FFB, in version 02.14.2021 there was a user variable "VolumeMin" with default value 1.75, wich i changed to 2.0 for better taste of the force, with newer versions i feel somewhat "lack of force" through very better detail of surface and car movement.
I'm using a Logitech G923, FFB settings in game GAIN 42, VOL 92, TONE 62, FX 50. Im racing mostly with the Tuorism Cars (TCR). (file version at moment of post: PopsRacerFFB v.2021.05.15 - SETA-Patch+Carcass+LSFB (Logitech))
I’m glad you like the file. Unfortunately I don’t have a Logitech wheelbase and other wheelbases to test different scenarios. You can still change the minimum force in the file, but you are doing it at your own risk (not too much of a risk, but I thought I’d throw that disclaimer out). The force range I set felt very balanced on my wheelbase. Your wheel and your preferences may vary. I also wanted to mention that each car may need a different volume and LSFB setting to feel right.

To change it in the latest file search in the txt file for:

# Nonlinear center force boost - PopsRacer
(VolumeMin 1.75)
(VolumeRange 2.25)

....and you can change the VolumeMin. I’m away on holiday (vacation) and can’t test this out. Please reply back if you test this out for the community. If I recall correctly the new file calculates things a little differently than the previous c-boost.

-Pops

I've had testing with volumeMin = 1.9
in game ffb settings
Gain = 45
VOL = 94
Tone = 70
FX = 50

as you said in the file, "# VOLUME 50 (FFB strength) *This changes per car that you are driving. i.e.- on the McLaren GT3 I set it to 40."

so i tested with same car, and it seem my logi 923 is giving around 50% of the force it can deliver (with VOL=94). In Ghub software i use the option to leave the FFB control to the games, so no configuration like the one you are doing with the fanatec software.

regardless of the other parameters (gain, tone, and FX) i feel that with VOL around 90 its the minimum with im feeling something of force (playing with 40 feels like using a wheel with no FFB).

also tested this config with TCR cars (mercedes), porsche RSR and other vintage cars and was ok.

any ideas to apply a multiplier to the VOL value? :)

PD: sorry for my english.

I've had testing with volumeMin = 1.9
in game ffb settings
Gain = 45
VOL = 94
Tone = 70
FX = 50

as you said in the file, "# VOLUME 50 (FFB strength) *This changes per car that you are driving. i.e.- on the McLaren GT3 I set it to 40."

so i tested with same car, and it seem my logi 923 is giving around 50% of the force it can deliver (with VOL=94). In Ghub software i use the option to leave the FFB control to the games, so no configuration like the one you are doing with the fanatec software.

regardless of the other parameters (gain, tone, and FX) i feel that with VOL around 90 its the minimum with im feeling something of force (playing with 40 feels like using a wheel with no FFB).

also tested this config with TCR cars (mercedes), porsche RSR and other vintage cars and was ok.

any ideas to apply a multiplier to the VOL value? :)

PD: sorry for my english.
Your English is fine…. Now worries.

The Logitech 923 is know for this. I’m not sure if anyone has played too much w fixing the issue of that particular wheel and PC2…. What was your volume when using a specific vintage car, like the 1973 Porsche 911 RSR? I’d like to gauge where your volume scale is at. We’re you able to feel the kurbs?

no change of VOL or other values, i'm feeling the kurbs.
i'm feeling comfortable with the majority of the cars, but someones need a bit more of VOL and there is no much room in the setting, and of course in someones is evidently the limitations of the g923.
going to send you some captures of the game with the hud with ffb info.

no change of VOL or other values, i'm feeling the kurbs.
i'm feeling comfortable with the majority of the cars, but someones need a bit more of VOL and there is no much room in the setting, and of course in someones is evidently the limitations of the g923.
going to send you some captures of the game with the hud with ffb info.
I review your videos and sent you back a message for testing the change on your G923 wheel. Once you confirm the settings I'll include a G923 version for future updates.

btw- I've been working on some really interesting changes to my FFB. Hopefully, everyone stays tuned to this forum thread.

Any idea if the HUD mode linked in the file works on VR as well? It looks so great.
I have not found a straightforward way to make Sim Hub overlays work in VR, yet. I purchased OVR Toolkit but found it confusing to work w/ my WMR headset (Samsung Odyssey +) and gave up as my free time is scarce and most of my development/tinkering is in 2D anyway. It's really too bad the Sim Hub doesn't work as a VR overlay as a default feature. Sim Hub does everything else amazingly -- so I don't want to knock that gem of a sim software. ;)

#1 From what I've read, the OVR Toolkit should be able to accomplish it. I just haven't found tutorials doing this directly w/ Sim Hub.

#2 Crew Chief software does have some VR overlay features as well.

#3 If you are using an Oculus headset, it should have the capability to pin window overlays in VR.

If anyone else can shed any light on the HUD in VR overlays, I'm sure there are others that could benefit from this.

-Pops

PopsRacer v04.24.2021 SIMHUB HUD.PNG

where should I put the simhubdash files?
The files should be associated with the Sim Hub software. Once Sim Hub is installed all you need to do is double click on my files and it will ask you if you want to import them into Sim Hub. My overlays will then be listed in the Dash Studio section of Sim Hub software. Sim Hub and YouTube should have lots of information on what to do next, but in order to have these displayed, you will need to have each racing game display in borderless window mode. In Project Cars 2 you'd need to activate that option in Steam and PC2's launch options and add "-windowed -borderless" along w/ the windowed view in the game settings. The Steam property setting turns the border off.

I hope that helps.... Btw- Sim Hub is free, but the free version has a frame rate limit. It's definitely worth donating to that software with all that it can do for sim racing games.

As a T300S user, I was not thrilled with the early SETA versions and continued to use one of the latest non-SETA versions. I tried the version 2021.05.23 and I was impressed by the very high quality of the mod. The asphalt feel is excellently rendered, as are the dynamics of the tires and the weight shifts (one of the best features of this mod).

Between the two versions for the T300S, I prefer the one without increasing details, as it is more fluid, less rough than the other. The softness of the FFB is the element that made me move from the G29 to the T300S, priceless in my opinion. Unfortunately, however, a bit of road feeling is lost, especially on straight sections (the driving is too much "plain"), so I tried to balance by setting the GAIN to 100 (50 for the other parameters, 75 volume). Unfortunately something is still lost, but I think finding a better balance between softness and detail (see ASM2) is difficult.

Last edited:
I tried version 2021.02.14 and I think it is definitely the best for T300S. Compared to the next version (2021.05.23), the road provides much more detail but without the FFB becoming "rough".
Furthermore there is a good balance between all the forces in the field (steering wheel, kerbs, road, tires).

I tried version 2021.02.14 and I think it is definitely the best for T300S. Compared to the next version (2021.05.23), the road provides much more detail but without the FFB becoming "rough".
Furthermore there is a good balance between all the forces in the field (steering wheel, kerbs, road, tires).
I really do appreciate your feedback on my FFB, ;). Lol it seems the T300 users have some flip/flop opinions. I’d sure love to get a T300 to feel how it renders the FFB as it does seem to portray the FFB differently. I’ve never tried a T300, so I have no idea what to expect.

I have been working on a another update which has recently been sent it out to a few people — lots of positives coming back. Few changes will include Gyro+chassis feel and better balance to have full carcass always 100%. Tire patch now is adjusted independently vs blending. This will help different preferences and different wheelbases, letting the users adjust how much tire patch is in the FFB…. I guess it will be release when it’s released.

Pops
Pops

I absolutely adore this Pops !
I've not played PC2 for several months, I was really enjoying just downloading and trying out stuff on AC.
So I thought, hey lets update to your current version and give it a go again.
I'm using the Thrustmaster TS-XW, T-LCM pedals, SHH Newt shifter.
I've used your settings from the guide (25,50,50,50), and this version of the files:
ffb_custom_settings_PopsRacerFFB v2021.05.22_SETA_Patch+Carcass+LSFB (MID to DD).txt

It feels absolutely awesome to me!
I've just tried out several different cars, and random weather too. It's soo much more intuitive to control the cars now.
I really wish I could get some more tracks and cars in PC2 but its brought a new lease of life to the game :thumbsup:

I've not played PC2 for several months, I was really enjoying just downloading and trying out stuff on AC.
I've used your settings from the guide (25,50,50,50), and this version of the files:
ffb_custom_settings_PopsRacerFFB v2021.05.22_SETA_Patch+Carcass+LSFB (MID to DD).txt

I've just tried out several different cars, and random weather too. It's soo much more intuitive to control the cars now.
I really wish I could get some more tracks and cars in PC2 but its brought a new lease of life to the game :thumbsup:
There are a lot of mod cars for PC2 and more being made week after week. Has really helped keep it going.
1634404331858.png

I’m really glad you like it, but don’t get too comfortable with it. My next version is coming out very soon. Big feel changes (SOP). Less confusing in- game sliders (back to the default sliders).

…I’m really excited to share this one!

There are a lot of mod cars for PC2 and more being made week after week. Has really helped keep it going. View attachment 510606

I found quite a few cars but I guess tracks aren't possible for some reason.

I’m really glad you like it, but don’t get too comfortable with it. My next version is coming out very soon. Big feel changes (SOP). Less confusing in- game sliders (back to the default sliders).

…I’m really excited to share this one!

Ah I really like the sliders that's done, super simple, I only needed to adjust the volume and that was it but, looking forward to what you've done !

Tracks unfortunately require a load of modifications and disabling PC2 tracks to say, add in AMS2 tracks or what not. It's not feasible for a public release. Lots of tinkering just to make them work. And if they do, there can be issues yet still.
No tracks.
1634408486486.png

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 288 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%