PopsRacer FFB - w full SOP Chassis, full tire patch, and full carcass

Misc PopsRacer FFB - w full SOP Chassis, full tire patch, and full carcass PopsRacer v2021.10.31 - Full SOP w two versions

Login or Register an account to download this content
Here's some awesome car and track combo I've been loving!

Combo #1
Ferrari F50 GT1 and the Panoz Esperante GTR-1 on the beautiful and fast Bathurst Mount Panorama. I love the V8 growl of the Panoz!

Panoz GT1.jpg

Combo #2
Ford RTR GT4 on the incredibly quick and laser scanned Oulton Park International Circuit. I really love the curbs and the dips in the road in this one! Great manual H pattern fun!

MustangGT4.jpg

Pops

I'm still working on improvements to the PopsRacer FFB, but switched gears into improving PC2's interface. I've developed 3 separate Sim Hub overlays - Dash, Corner Names, and Radar. A screenshot is shown below. Link to RaceDepartment is shown below. Any help on additional track corner names would be appreciated. Message me and I can let you know what I would need if you aren't knowledgeable in SimHUb.

Enjoy - PopsRacer

https://www.racedepartment.com/downl...h-radar.41995/

PopsRacer v04.24.2021 SIMHUB.jpg

goonchy updated PopsRacer FFB - now with SETA real tire physics with a new update entry:

Incredible connection to the road

See downloadable PDF for better description of usage and features:

PopsRacer FFB v2021.05.15.2021
  • Kerbs are adjusted by USER variable inside the FFB text file (I'm running out of in-game sliders).
  • Tone is now Low-Speed Force Boost (LSFB).
  • FX now allows the user to decide the balance between tire patch (0 zero) and tire carcass (100) and anything in-between.
  • The overall wheel force has been rebalanced. This allows the LSFB to balance the feel of the steering/grip...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I´ve got an annoying problem. When the car is not moving or moving very slowly (up to like 5kph) the FFB is very strong and it shakes the wheel. I tried some things to solve the problem, but I am pretty much useless when it comes to these things.

My wheelbase is Simucube 2 Pro and the FFB is awesome when driving so I would really like to use this, but because of the problem I don´t know if I can. The shaking is so strong that its almost dangerous.

If someone knows how I can fix this (some kinda "reduce force when parked" was a setting in some game, wish that was pc2) I would be very grateful and really enjoy this FFB without the fear of losing my fingers.

I´ve got an annoying problem. When the car is not moving or moving very slowly (up to like 5kph) the FFB is very strong and it shakes the wheel. I tried some things to solve the problem, but I am pretty much useless when it comes to these things.

My wheelbase is Simucube 2 Pro and the FFB is awesome when driving so I would really like to use this, but because of the problem I don´t know if I can. The shaking is so strong that its almost dangerous.

If someone knows how I can fix this (some kinda "reduce force when parked" was a setting in some game, wish that was pc2) I would be very grateful and really enjoy this FFB without the fear of losing my fingers.
I know there is an online friend & Simcube user on the SMS forums. I'll ask him how he likes my latest version. Maybe he can help out if it is Simcube related, but first I need some specific information on your in-game wheel settings and which car/track etc. you can share as a basic starting point. It may happen with other cars/tracks, but I need a base point for me to test. What is your in-game FFB GAIN (road noise), Volume, Tone (LSFB), and FX for what SETA blend? Let's make sure that it's universal to all wheelbases (MID to DD) before we chase down any Simcube issue.

Here's his article he wrote late last year about my FFB (you may need to google translate it):
https://simracer.es/project-cars-2-u...ede-cambiarlo/

I'm guessing my newly added LSFB is contributing to a shake at a standstill speed of 0 kph/0mph. I haven't noticed it, but more information would be helpful. At 5 kph/3mph.... Your in-game info is important to know. I should be able to test this out on my CSW v2.5 as well (hopefully later tonight or tomorrow night). There is something like this that happens when you run out of fuel w/ a shake that I have reduced in the past as well.

Here's a list of all the questions I have right now:
  • Do you have fuel?
  • Is the ignition on or off?
  • Are you in gear or coasting?
  • If you change the TONE to 0 (zero), does the shake go away?
  • If you change GAIN to zero, does the shake go away?
  • What is your in-game:
    • FFB GAIN (road noise),
    • Volume,
    • Tone (LSFB),
    • and FX for what SETA blend?
    • Because Volume and LSFB could be different per vehicle what car and track example?
-Pops

Did you try all 3 versions? They have different deadzone settings for ffb

I can get my wheel to shake when at a standstill repeatedly. It went back & forth about 45 degs of rotation until I grab my wheel and control it. My wheel is round w a flat bottom. Any formula rim wouldn't be very fun to grab. This comes from the dynamic tire physics calculation at standstill. This is technically always happening, but the FFB is cut down at standstill to not feel it or over-excite the wheel. The extreme shake happens when you have the Volume and or LSFB really really high where a car doesn't feel natural unless you can curl 80 lbs (35 kg) dumbells. I quickly tested this w/ the BMW 2002 StanceWorks w/ Volume at 80+ and TONE at 80+. I didn't try to fine-tune where it started to do this, but a normal setting for me and this car would be Volume at ~55 and Tone (LSFB) at ~25. That felt like a decent starting point for me.

Please confirm your settings and I can create an extra option. I'm sure the DD wheel is much quicker and much more abrupt.

Another guess might be the oscillation from the engine fx.

First of all, I have fuel, I have ignition on when it does this and I don´t think it would matter anyways. Gear also does not matter. If I remember correctly I tried changing both gain and tone to 0. It does vary between cars, for example in C7.R it was barely noticeable (but still was there) and when trying the 917 LH it did shake very much.

I think the problem is related to the tire physics, because the wheel is heavy when the tires are not moving. Like it would be in real life. But because the force is so strong it starts to shake the wheel around (which wouldn`t happen irl)

My current in game ffb settings are:
Gain 20
Volume 60
Tone 50
FX 50
(I turned Gain, Tone and FX all to 0 with no different results)

And the overall strength from the Simucube program is 100% (Tried changing that down, but it did not change the thing.)

I don´t know if this helped you at all to understand what the cause of this might be, but I thank you very much already for the help. (And to be honest I can play like this too, so the problem isn`t that serious, but of course it would be good if this problem could be solved and nobody else would have this problem in the future.)

Last edited:
First of all, I have fuel, I have ignition on when it does this and I don´t think it would matter anyways. Gear also does not matter. If I remember correctly I tried changing both gain and tone to 0. It does vary between cars, for example in C7.R it was barely noticeable (but still was there) and when trying the 917 LH it did shake very much.

I think the problem is related to the tire physics, because the wheel is heavy when the tires are not moving. Like it would be in real life. But because the force is so strong it starts to shake the wheel around (which wouldn`t happen irl)

My current in game ffb settings are:
Gain 20
Volume 60
Tone 50
FX 50
(I turned Gain, Tone and FX all to 0 with no different results)

And the overall strength from the Simucube program is 100% (Tried changing that down, but it did not change the thing.)

I don´t know if this helped you at all to understand what the cause of this might be, but I thank you very much already for the help. (And to be honest I can play like this too, so the problem isn`t that serious, but of course it would be good if this problem could be solved and nobody else would have this problem in the future.)
Try changing the USER variable in the text file for the engine volume to 0... If the Volume is at 0 and the Tone (LSFB) is at 0 and Gain is 0 nothing should be coming through from the real FFB. The engine FX oscillates off the engine RPM. The lower the car idles the rougher it is. There are other settings to adjust to calm this down in my file, but I just want to confirm that it is from this.

############################################################
### USER VARIABLES ############################################
############################################################
(ENGINE_VOLUME 0) ###

Umm... I have it there just like that. Engine volume is 0.
I did some testing tonight and was able to replicate the shake from 0 to 3 kph on the Porsche 917. It wasn’t as apparent on other cars and if I kept my hands on the wheel it didn’t happen. It is defiantly coming from the real-time tire physics engine. Plus that Porsche has different tire compounds (Track), which may add to the shake results. Either way, the good news is that I was also able to eliminate/minimize the shake in my code. I’ll do some more testing as time permits and hope to have an updated FFB file released in a few days.

Thanks for the information!
Pops

goonchy updated PopsRacer FFB - now with SETA real tire physics with a new update entry:

PopsRacer v2021.05.23

V2021.05.23 FFB
  • A low-speed shake reduction has been implemented due to the added forces from the LSFB the dynamic tire calculations needed to be weakened at very low speed. This only filters out the wheel shake between 0 and 5kph (3mph).
  • A 2nd version for T300 wheels is include. The 2nd version for the T300 doesn’t filter out as much detail (basically it is exactly the same as Logitech’s version, but w the T300’s Deadzone setting)
V2021.05.23 Corner Names

Read the rest of this update entry...

Today's update should help the low-speed shake. Please post back after you had a chance to test.
-Pops

I´m sorry I have to say this, but unfortunately this update did not help. The wheel is as heavy/shaking as much as before. :( But I don´t know if anything can be done without ruining something very important, so maybe you should just move on if nobody else has this problem. I can survive :)

I´m very glad that you tried to find a solution for one persons problem. Really, really appreciate your work, and the driving experience is absolutely awesome. Hope you keep doing the good work. Thanks.

I´m sorry I have to say this, but unfortunately this update did not help. The wheel is as heavy/shaking as much as before. :( But I don´t know if anything can be done without ruining something very important, so maybe you should just move on if nobody else has this problem. I can survive :)

I´m very glad that you tried to find a solution for one persons problem. Really, really appreciate your work, and the driving experience is absolutely awesome. Hope you keep doing the good work. Thanks.
One option would be for me to turn off the FFB at low speed. Let me know if that would be better for you.

Hi pops.
Responding to a question to my review.
Logitech g27, using logitech file, didnt modify the file but its been good with no ABS shakes. Same with 5 15 and now 5/23 version. No mods, just in game settings 25 40 40 50

I had 2 questions- what is patch and carcass??

Also, which might be related... some cars, like mclaren F1, when you oversteer the wheel kicks back and it feels a bit too strong/artificial.
What setting would reduce that feeling where the front wheels are pushing back onto the steering column??

Hi pops.
Responding to a question to my review.
Logitech g27, using logitech file, didnt modify the file but its been good with no ABS shakes. Same with 5 15 and now 5/23 version. No mods, just in game settings 25 40 40 50

I had 2 questions- what is patch and carcass??

Also, which might be related... some cars, like mclaren F1, when you oversteer the wheel kicks back and it feels a bit too strong/artificial.
What setting would reduce that feeling where the front wheels are pushing back onto the steering column??
Hi RobNITRO
Even though I don't like road cars I tried the McLaren F1. :cool: It could be my wheelbase or my preference; I lowered the TONE or the LSFB a lot. Every car in PC2 seems to need some fine adjustment (rebalancing), at least inside of each different car class. When I drove the F1 I ended up with a volume of 55 and a tone (LSFB) of 15. Even at 40 and 40, I didn't notice anything like I expected of snap oversteer. I know for certain some cars and tracks have a snap oversteer physics "bug" that I've noticed, which is what I was expecting to feel. I did not feel that. What I felt was a weird default setup from SMS from the Loose setup from the LSD differential. I think the Stable setup's differential felt a lot better vs the loose. It probably could use some setup tweaks as well. The OEM setup might be even better, but I didn't spend too much time on that as I changed the tires to tack compound and the tire pressure needed some adjustment as they overheated quickly. I suspect the differential needs some adjustment and maybe the engine creaking as a bare minimum. I don't know if you were using the Loose setup, but that's what I would call a squirrely car.

I am not a direct developer and I'd need to make an educated guess from the feel that the patch is the forces closely related to the tire tread. You can feel different forces and road details that I cannot feel in the carcass. You get much less tire flex from the tire patch. The carcass seems to have more of the tire flex. Maybe a more spongy feel along with different harmonics. It may include more information from the tire+rim. With carcass, you might lose some road detail, but you can compensate a bit with the GAIN (road detail) adjustment. Mostly I have my FX (patch/carcass) between 40 or 50, depending on the car and my mood. It is personal preference, combined with all the variables of each car and track, and what wheelbase we might be using. That's why I finally decided to leave it up to the player. I'm also learning as I go. ;)

I hope this helps.... It would be fantastic to hear from SMS developers or anyone else in the know. I know that the COMP tires seem to be more of an easter egg tweaked tire performer on a small number of cars in the game. With that tire, you should change the physics directly to the carcass. Cars that I found, off the top of my head are the Renault 3.5 and the C class cars.

-Pops

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back