Poor FPS / Performance difficulties

Msportdan

@Simberia
So after weeks of pretty much playing AC with the new update. I put on GSC, I was looking forward to it long time away and I thought it will be a blast...long time away and all that?!

errr.... maybe not

I was disappointed with it it felt so lacking performance wise so to speak.. I don't want to get bashed here as I'm just trying to be honest and I will be, you all know me by now.

The gfx, which really suffers and not only that I cant sustain 60 fps with this game on full whack, replays can drop to around 20fps on my i7 gtx 970. Theres glitches around tracks etc etc/// Its a little disheartening after running pcars and ac at full whack solid 60fps. The ai have issues and its plain to see. Its just this engine has been flogged to death and reiza have should be proud by it .

The thing for me is that on high shadows (unlike rf2), the shadows dont go on/inside the cars, and sometimes looks very unauthentic/flat. Max shadows kills my fps in shadows heavy tracks/time..

I'm so sorry guys.. I love your work, but I think we need to move on technologically speaking.

Last edited:
800px-Trolling_drawing.jpg

The feeling is pretty subjective, so I'm not going to respond to that, but for the graphics, you must be doing something wrong.

On my current pc: New i7, 8GB ram and GTX650 and Windows 8.1. Capped to 120fps, but goes way over.
Old pc: AMD X2 6000+ dual core, 3.2GB ram and GTX650 and Windows XP. Capped to 120 fps, but was stable at 150.
Everything at maxed out settings.

incoming guys.
I mean in car and race its solid 60 unless get lots of smoke or the v8s. but the replays absolutely tank. FPS in corner, no NVidia CP enable. default settings.. windows 10 updated gpd drivers. after the first lap replays the fps get s a bit better and cars thin out.
23t1q0w.png

2wco37n.jpg

2vshlza.jpg

14ict47.jpg

w1qn8i.jpg

Last edited:
this is true, but still doesn't help my fps? :) why am I getting sheer poor fps drops.... if I can run ac 60fps solid, I should blitz this and its the opposite.
I just don't get it,,,, and I wont lie its does effect my gameplay.

incoming guys.
I mean in car and race its solid 60 unless get lots of smoke or the v8s. but the replays absolutely tank. FPS in corner, no NVidia CP enable. default settings.. windows 10 updated gpd drivers. after the first lap replays the fps get s a bit better and cars thin out.

Smoke and shadows are unfortunately all still calculated by the CPU - a lot of cars on track at night will bring even great systems to its knees. We hope to improve that but not sure we can still make it for GSCE.

In any other circunstance though you should be running full grid very confortably (your system is very similar to my own) - have you noticed a drop in performance relative to what you had before upgrading to Win10?

I'm so sorry guys.. I love your work, but I think we need to move on technologically speaking.
A reminder regarding this technology:
it is also no surprise for me that most of these professional simulators (or centers) are using rFactor. As I had the chance to prove myself (and probably to somebody reading here), when you know how to properly build your models, rFactor is producing very accurate results, at a very low cost.

and just to defend my habit of jumping from sim to sim, is that they all change on pretty much a bi monthly status. WIth patches and updates constantly being developed these sims don't simply just stay stale. Hell with RRe new physics update that could even be my next best thing since sliced bread lol..

sorry if i don't just worship one sim.

hell i even tried rf2 last nite and i cant beleive how much that has changed since my last rant about that!

i will stick by my initial statement performance lets down my experience in GSC, in what is already the visually lacking sim. (compared to others)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 278 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 404 40.0%