Poor FPS / Performance difficulties

Msportdan

@Simberia
So after weeks of pretty much playing AC with the new update. I put on GSC, I was looking forward to it long time away and I thought it will be a blast...long time away and all that?!

errr.... maybe not

I was disappointed with it it felt so lacking performance wise so to speak.. I don't want to get bashed here as I'm just trying to be honest and I will be, you all know me by now.

The gfx, which really suffers and not only that I cant sustain 60 fps with this game on full whack, replays can drop to around 20fps on my i7 gtx 970. Theres glitches around tracks etc etc/// Its a little disheartening after running pcars and ac at full whack solid 60fps. The ai have issues and its plain to see. Its just this engine has been flogged to death and reiza have should be proud by it .

The thing for me is that on high shadows (unlike rf2), the shadows dont go on/inside the cars, and sometimes looks very unauthentic/flat. Max shadows kills my fps in shadows heavy tracks/time..

I'm so sorry guys.. I love your work, but I think we need to move on technologically speaking.

Last edited:
i think @RaceMan763 summed it up.
Hmmm. I agree with Raceman that shadows from full to high really helps with average fps and some areas that may drop a bit but in-terms of those very specific "drop-spot" areas while watching from TV/trackside cam, the major framerate drops still occur while using high shadows as my benchmark results show.

On a separate note, It would be great if the lighting in the cockpit, while using shadows @ high, could work just like it does with shadows @ full. That way we could lower shadows from full to high, for a much more consistent framerate while driving around the track, while still having the interior/cockpit lighting that currently only shadows @ full renders. That would be awesome!

Last edited:
yeah spin that does sound a good idea. I dont like how high shads makes the cockpit look "flat" so to speak. Ive mentioned this before but fabio, could reiza have a shadow resolution adjust option?
So we could get max shadows but at a lower resolution. :)

@Fabio Rodrigues

Thats great fab, but that wont cure a lot of shadow sufferers problems. however any thing is appreciated.

Last edited:
@Reiza Studios @Fabio Rodrigues @Niels_at_home

asking very kindly is there anything that reiza could do to optimise shadows further, theres obviously a few of us with issues..

or am i flogging a dead horse :(
We're aware - we're very close to releasing the 1.50 beta, and we hope (but cannot guarantee) that there will be some improvements. We appreciate your patience - let's wait for the beta, and we'll work based on your feedback.

Interestingly I've noticed that nearly all of the videos of the SuperV8 (even Niels at Bathurst & by emptybox) are with shadows set only to high? If you @Reiza Studios can get the SuperV8 to run as well as the V8Stockcar (which I don't see why it shouldn't?) I'd be a happy boy :)
Hmmm. What's relatively wrong with the Aussie V8s' framerate? I think I ran them with shadows @ max, triple screens (about 6000x1080), multiview, and level 2 AA, and with only a few lowered settings (AF 8x, Circuit Detail high, special effects 1 click from full, shadow blur off) and, if I remember correctly, I was achieving 60 fps x 2 (120 fps total) during 3D Vision use, and 120 fps during 2D use during online play (not huge grids, less than 15 people). I only have a single GTX 970 at the moment...

I could be wrong but I don't remember framerate issues...

I have an i7-2600K and a GTX970 and can blow up all the details as much as I want, adding DSR, whatever - not a problem. But shadows from high to max and up on the hill in Bathurst with the sharp dipping corners and trees throwing shadows on the line of cars the game starts chugging at 30-50 FPS.
Haven't you been reading this thread? I thought you had?

60-fps-master-race_o_5034215.jpg

edit: nevermind.. maybe...

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back