Poor edges quality

Hello guys,
Bp
Since I have the game I have been experiencing poor edge quality. It is more noticeable in the cockpit lines and the white lines in the track. It is almost as annoying that i have to quit the game .

I have set antialiasing in game to max (16x) and set the option in my catalyst to defined by application. Also have all video settings to max in game.

Does anyone knows if I have forgotten something? Really appreciate your help

Thanks

These are my Antialiasing settings for Nvidia, using nvidia inspector. http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/nvidia-inspector-download.html

If you can run 8xS & 4x Sparse Grid Supersampling it will be even better.

(You may wish to apply it to a game specific profile)

Alex do you use the FXaa option, also what special effects setting you use in game? please
I can get very smooth fps but at start when dust kicks up i get a huge drop in fps. I suppose due to the ss and dust effect.
Cheers

i found this on some thread about gsc.

Here are the advices of Spinelli

Nvidia or AMD, set the in-game AA to off, you want to set it from your graphics card control panel (download Nvidia Inspector for Nvidia GPUs).

In NVidia Inspector use AA 4xS, 8xS, 12xS, 16xS, or 32xS. (32xS is probably too much, especially on triple screens, probably same with 16xS, but it doesn't hurt to try) The LOD bias clamp thing hasent worked for a couple years now as Nvidia has disabled it (unless, I think, you have a real old card like a GTX 280 and/or real old drivers) that's where these "xS" settings come into play as they have their own different LOD bias than other AA settings. I'm not sure if it matters, but I leave "Texture Filtering - Driver Controlled LOD Bias" to ON, and "Texture Filtering - Negative LOD Bias" to ALLOW, just in case. You will get tons of jaggies and shimmering no matter what settings you use in rFactor 1 based sims (and pre-rF1, eg. GT Legends) unless you use the "xS" AA settings in Nvidia Inspector, or possibly the method below.

The combination of Multisampling AA + Sparse Grid Supersampling (make sure they are both set to identical amounts, eg. 2x MS + 2x SGSS, or 4x MS + 4x SGSS, or it won't work properly, they need to be the same amounts) is another option but it doesn't have the different LOD bias that the "xS" settings have, but you may still get good results, especially with 4x MS + 4X SGSS.

Okay having spent another 4 hours with gfx settings ive concluded my testing.

Basically I cant fix the slowdown in the dust with any setting. So I went back to NVidia CP. Inspectors wealth of AA settings are a bit overkill for me, all i needed was the SGSS, but that doesnt really work with gsc and effects. So try this plr file tweak to help with the dust.. I use full x8 ss/aa in CP. GFx max settings. apart from shadow blur.

PLR FILE (until Reiza optimise dust, these settings actually cause the slowdown with dust. to be more smooth and not judder)
Smoke Flow="0" // Whether all smoke/flames/dust flow over non-emitting vehicles
Tire Emitter Flow="0" // Whether tire smoke/dust flow over emitting vehicle

Last edited:
I tried dsr at x4 and 1005 smoothing seemed to do slightly what sgss did in NI. But i got 2 massive spikes happened twice going past the pits. i did several races so only twice isnt bad but anyone running dsr notice this.

Last edited:
so after hours (or evenings) of messing with GSC gfx, I finally came across a clamping patch that believe or not works!!!!

So running Max through GSC gfx (blur off) & Nvidia Control panel x8, aa/af. clamp on
heres the patch for the clamp....and as you can see the rtack map still works!

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/lod-bias-clamp-for-addon-tracks.92088/
thanks to dsuspense mate!!
heres some before after pics.

With clamp patch
2ijqi35.jpg

without clamp patch
24njq1k.jpg

now I don't want to look at gscs bloody control panel again!!!

AND DO YOU KNOW WHAT ITS ONLY BLOODY GONE AND CURED THE VEE FPS DROP!!! LOL

Last edited:
you have clicked on the photos and enlarged them.. anyway trust me they aren't.

Trust me, they look the same.
But just to please you a bit more, my actual game graphics look far better, crisper and less blurred/jaggy than either of your screenshots. :cool::);) Must be something wrong with your graphics settings? :)
gt500_zps1jdhh1ol.jpg

ferrari_zpsyuz8qhjz.jpg

GRAB_007_zps945ec16e.jpg

Last edited:
Don't really look much different to what I see. I can run dsr x4 8xaa max out gfx but id rather have the spare room rather than wring my gpu dry.

I remember these" my dads got a better car than your dad " kinda arguments at school.

I like how I have my gsc setup. But hey if I want gfx id go.play rre or ac 23 cars full at 60fps.I just wanted to get rid of the annoying shimmering I see on this game which clamp in cp didn't fix. I have now so I'm happy

I.posted thinking (heaven forbid) that it may help some else. Maybe I was wrong. You can post whatever you like I've seen my game running the clamp patch help with the shimmering jagged. If you looked real close at the white lines you would see one smoother than the other. But please don't tell me what I see or don't see..not to mention your.judging my whole setup and setting by a lo res image uploaded to the forum.
Ridiculous in my.opinion.

Gfxdan

Last edited:
I remember these" my dads got a better car than your dad " kinda arguments at school.

But please don't tell me what I see or don't see..not to mention your.judging my whole setup and setting by a lo res image uploaded to the forum.
Ridiculous in my.opinion.

GrumpyDan

Dan, you need to chill out. You took it too serious. I was joking with ya, hence the the smilies and funny likes. Others understood, but obiously it went over your head. Sorry about that old chap.:rolleyes: Just a bit of fun.

Listen, you can see whetever you want to, I don't really care. We all have different eyes. Don't get hung up on tyring to improve the already very good and entirely suitable graphics, just get on it and race. Better still, get yourself a premium membership and join us in some great MP races using GSCE here at RaceDepartment. You'll enjoy it. But then again, I suppose I shouldn't be telling you what to do or whether to enjoy something or not. ;)
:)
Andy

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 222 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 150 9.9%
  • < 4 years