• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

[POLL] Who had the best year in sim racing?

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by Shovas, Dec 25, 2018.

Who had the best year in sim racing?

Poll closed Jan 1, 2019.
  1. rFactor 2

7 vote(s)
    38.9%
  2. iRacing

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. RaceRoom Racing Experience

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. Automobilista

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. Project Cars 2

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  6. Live For Speed

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Assetto Corsa Competizione

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  8. GTR3

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. Shovas

Shovas
    Premium

Ratings:
    +318
    Who do you think had the best year in sim racing? Maybe they added the most features, fixed the most issues, grew the most, made a resurgence, or started something new.

I thought it would be interesting to see which sim people thought had the best year. For example, iRacing's day-night transition was a big development for that sim, and Assetto Corsa Competizione was a big move up from Assetto Corsa, albeit still Early Access.

Add a comment describing why you voted for your pick.

2. Shovas

Shovas
    Premium

Ratings:
    +318
    My vote goes to ACC, not because it's my favourite at this time, but because of the sheer magnitude of improvement over AC is admirable. This is where we've all wanted to go for so long. Good luck to them. Their Early Access program seems to have been a success, as well, perhaps it could be a template for other developers to consider when launching big changes.

If I could pick a 2nd and 3rd, I'd probably say rFactor 2 for coming a long way with features and content, and iRacing with day-night, with I'd say rFactor 2 coming out on top improvements-wise.

Honourable mention to R3E, AMS and L4S who each put out decent updates or, for L4S, made respectable improvements, and did themselves proud this year.

A hopeful thumbs up to GTR3 who seem to be gathering momentum for their 2019 push.

And a tepid reception for Project Cars 2 which, while already a great game feature-wise, could certainly still use fixes to FFB and broken features.

3. Shovas

Shovas
    Premium

Ratings:
    +318
    Thanks for moving this post. Had no idea where to put something like this.

4. Jordan Dion

Jordan Dion
    Bluestar Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +195
    2019 will be a real competition for those developers.

From what i saw RF2 seems to do a great progress...after the UI and font (in car) it gonna be really interesting i think

R3E need a new graphics engine...

AC need different weather /time on srs race
    X4fab and Peter will maybe make it possible

ACC to early to say something... But mouse in VR please Kunos!

Iracing... Need to rework is online system and need to redone those inaccurate old track...

• Beer Beer x 1
  5. David DeGreef

David DeGreef
    R3E Racing Club Host US Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +690
    R3E as it is the most playable, stable sim.

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Shovas

Shovas
    Premium

Ratings:
    +318
    I'm a little surprised rFactor 2 and R3E are leading the pack but I guess that's what polls are for :D

They're good games, for what they are, I'll give them that. Everybody should experience them at some point in their sim life.

7. Mr Deap

Mr Deap

Ratings:
    +86
    According to sells, I think Project Cars 2 did the best. But the best seller is not listed, which is Gran Turismo Sport.

8. BrainsBush

BrainsBush

Ratings:
    +229
    I voted R3E because it's a kind of hidden gem between all the volume sellers like PCars2, Forza series, GT Sport. For simracing R3E added great content, better (best?) physics and then the jawdropping sounds. If Sector3 proceeds with the development train like they did over the past months this could be also the surprisefor 2019?

I agree with Jordan --> I also look forward to the long anticipated UI update for Rf2. That could be their game (uuuh sim) changer.

All in all 2018 was a good year for the virtual racers and the best has yet to come in 2019?

PS haha GTR3 in the 2018 poll ;) But it's still on the horizon for 2019. Combi of R3E with GTR3 is a potential winner.

• Beer Beer x 1
  9. Shovas

Shovas
    Premium

Ratings:
    +318
    Well, I had ACC on the list and they're both still in pre-release so I guess GTR3 is eligible :D

• Beer Beer x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.