Poll: Who do You Rate as the Greatest World Champion of All Time?

It seems opinions differ ;-).

Raikkonen has spent 2014 and 2015 getting his assed handed to him and had an overrated 2016 where Vettel still beat him the championship.... In three years with Ferrari since his return, he has scored 391 points. Vettel in two seasons has scored 490 points. Just shows how overrated Kimi really is, and how he is only relevant because of the bwoah meme

And he was a quiet, lightning quick kid back in the v10 era. Pretty sure some votes are backdated to his early days with McLaren.

For me even if I love Michael Schumacher, I selected Graham Hill. Two times F1 champion. It's a king of legend and the only who won the «triple crown of motorsport», that means he won at least one time:
- F1 Monaco GP
- 500 miles of Indianapolis
- 24 hours of Le Mans.

So very nice career.

It was a fairly easy pick for me, I went for Schumaker due to the fact he won 3 more championships than anyone, was the only driver ever to win 7 total and 5 in a row? Unprecedented to say the least. I grew up with Stewart as a young boy and remember him on Wild World of Sports (Only way to get F1 back in the day in the states), but he didn't have the total impact as a driver as Schumaker.

Raikkonen has spent 2014 and 2015 getting his assed handed to him and had an overrated 2016 where Vettel still beat him the championship.... In three years with Ferrari since his return, he has scored 391 points. Vettel in two seasons has scored 490 points. Just shows how overrated Kimi really is, and how he is only relevant because of the bwoah meme
Sure, you are right. But he got more votes yes? On a board with members who love racing, they love his racing more than they love his racing. Vettel might have scored more, but seems to have impressed less. Figures don't say what the fans love.

Schumacher, Senna, Alonso
I would put all three as tie for the best.
Each were/are spectacularly talented and are my favorites for sure.

I voted Senna. Onboard footage of him from the old Monaco circuit without the big curbs on the guardrails defies believe, how the wheel shakes and vibrates in his hands and he still hits the apexes with just a few centimeters of space from the guardrails...

Still, wonder how Fangio would have done in a turbo and high-downforce era.

Really a difficult decision, so much talent from different eras and car performance. I always liked
Jackie Stewart.... great driver, class act and a fantastic ambassador to the sport.

(I know this wan't asked but when it comes to a race car, it has to be the Tyrell P34 6 wheeler, ah the memories, that whole era was fantastic!
:)

Who was the one who voted for Nico Rosberg :laugh:
I don't really see why that's so amusing?:confused:
Same can be said for all the one vote candidates:
Fittipaldi
Hunt
Villeneuve (Jacques)
Button

Not to mention ham's tally of only 6 votes and vet's 3
I would think that these should be more amusing? :O_o:

I can recognize Senna's value, he changed the type of racing, added magic in times of great advances and fast, state of the art cars but i didn't see as much of him as i did Schumacher. 91 victories, lost the 1997 wc to a great car and a great driver (villneuve) fought with makinen in cars that were brutes always fighting for 1st 2nd 3rd weekend upon weekend. Stealing tenths to damon hill just to get a pole! He wasn't as magical as Senna but he was f****ing competent and competitive.

We remember Pele for the goals he didn't score and we also remember Schumacher for being overtaken!

Nice poll, but how can you even attempt to classify the worlds best F1 driver from a list that spans over many years of the sport.
The evolution of the cars and the drivers over that period makes it difficult to call who the best was/is.

In my opinion, each driver, in there day, was a champion of their era, hence they won one or more championships in their era. But lets not forget how many died in the earlier days when safety was a mere fleeting thought, sadly many potential champions never made it to the podium.

But from my era of F1, the most talented champion can only be Michael Schumacher (Keep Fighting), not that I'm a schumi fan, thought he was rather arrogant tbh, but his brilliance & dominance of the sport is unrivaled and may never be matched again, much the same as Jack Brabham's owner driver championship will never be matched.

Cheers

I'm a huge Senna fan. But I've got to give my vote to John Surtees, there's not too many that can lay claim to fame of winning World Championships on two and four wheels.

Jack Brabham also rates highly because his ability to design, build, race and win a couple along the way.

Those that go above and beyond being just a Driver appeals to me the most.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back