POLL - What steering wheel/pedals do you use

Richard Knight

GP2 - No.1 Virgin
Trying to find out the most common steering wheels amongst gamers as I would like to manufacture a seat with mountings for wheel & pedals. The idea is a one-piece vacuum moulded construction with optional add-on monocoque cover.
1. Please state make & model
2. Also state PC/PS3/XBOX
3. Please rate your wheel from 1 to 10 (10 being excellent)
4. If you have had problems please state.
5. Interested if valued under ?

Many thanks

1) Fanatec GT3 RS + ClubSport pedals
2) PC
3) 7/7
4) after upgrading GT3RS to V2 has it worked perfect for 9 months, CS pedals is a great piece of work, but I use a loadcell out every 3rd months......
5) €150

Upvote 0
1. LOGITECH G25(current wheel)
2. PS3/PC
3. Rating 8/10
4. Problem free

1.LOGITECH DRIVING FORCE PRO
2.Was used for PS3/PC
3.Rating 6.5/10
4.Broke once,repaired

1.LOGITECH G27
2.PC
3.Rating 8/10
4.Problem free(sold wheel to friend)

1.LOGITECH DRIVING FORCE GT
2.PC (no PS3 at the time)
3.Rating 7/10
4.Problem free(sold on Craigslist)

And #5: I was going to get a Obutto for my Bday which my gf was going to pay for half but seeing i broke my laptop she got me a gift card from Future Shop for $400 towards my new laptop. Our computer desk is good enough for me..... for now :D

Upvote 0
1. Thrustmaster RGT FFB Pro
2. PC
3. 3
4. 3 replacements, latest model is on it's way out. Was built with ultra cheap plastics, and a bad wiring design.
5. £150. It cost me £30 to build a wooden monocoque, to my size and spec, seat was £100, and designed for real race use. Only improvement I need is motion simulation, guessing that would be the route to go down as they start getting cheaper.

Upvote 0
1. Logitech G25
2. PC, PS3
3. 8
4. A great all-rounder, excellent for driving pretty much anything. Only real downside for me is there's very few buttons on the wheel itself.
5. I think you can get a second hand one for £150~, but getting a new one's a bit of an ordeal, as manufacturing has stopped.

1. Logitech Driving Force GT
2. PC, PS3
3. 6
4. Great on a budget, but the pedals are very light, and the gear buttons on the back make my fingers hurt after a while
5. £100-ish I think.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back