Poll what are the best mods for gtr2

Singling out mods is really bad business. We all know PnG which is a masterpiece, but again and again I encounter amazing pieces of work in GTR2. People spend countless of hours researching and working with the goal of accurately preserving motorsport history and accurately recreating motorsport events. Sadly, some of that amazing work is gone with nogrip down... and probably even more will be gone with GTR2 slowly becoming a history. That said, several mods that I spend the most time in. It really means nothing but that I spend most time in them, we all like different things :)

* DTM 2018 updated from http://www.koelschbierbude.de. If you use those cars, make sure to buy URD T5 cars if even you never fire up AC. Those guys deserive magnitudes of order more than they ask for their work. I generally think that user must own all the games he/she uses models from.

* EEC 2.3 from https://esport-racing.de/. There's fantastic pack for ADAC and BES and matching trackpack. Gives a cohesive Championship feel. Great looks, sounds and nearly perfect physics (subjectively of course). And you can simulate bigger events with those cars - 57 cars load fine.

* FRM TC cars - another huge work from https://furinkazen.***********/furiracemods/frm-touring-cars with matching BTCC trackpack. Surprisingly good AI, and I hear they work on an update to use GTR2 damage model to the fullest.

* F1 1994 and matching trackpack from RD - one of the most polished paddle era open wheeler mod I encountered in GTR2 so far.

For those seeking even deeper simulation, Crew Chief GTR2 Enhancements plugin brings above mods couple of steps forward via adding more correct shifting, flat spots, dirt pickup, more rules and some eye candies like backfires/wipers. And, there's WIP to add DRS to the above DTM cars.

PS: yep, I agree with Shovas, VLM Sebring _is something_, can't believe how good GTR2 can look.

Last edited:
I have many mods of them included that one indeed very nice.

The problem is with ac..
Offline there are some fundamental things missing or not in use and to find people / servers that are running the exact mods a person would like or need some mods never going to use my self but need to pay for.. well not my cup of tea.

But yet again this method is with every new released game (paid dlc)
Good and bad its how you look on it.

Good : no messy mods most of the time.
Bad : some times takes ages for the cars to appear that somebody like or never going to be made.

Unlike with games such as gtr2 where you only pay for the program and 98% of the downloads are free.

Yes there are many if not 60% of the mods is something wrong with it or not as realistic but he its free so no angry feelings when some thing is not right.

So its a bit of both ways gtr2 and assetto corsa ( 1 ) i enjoy it a lot
Sol mod changed a lot also having a paid/donated content manager for ac really helps.

I have many mods of them included that one indeed very nice.

The problem is with ac..
Offline there are some fundamental things missing or not in use and to find people / servers that are running the exact mods a person would like or need some mods never going to use my self but need to pay for.. well not my cup of tea.

But yet again this method is with every new released game (paid dlc)
Good and bad its how you look on it.

Good : no messy mods most of the time.
Bad : some times takes ages for the cars to appear that somebody like or never going to be made.

Unlike with games such as gtr2 where you only pay for the program and 98% of the downloads are free.

Yes there are many if not 60% of the mods is something wrong with it or not as realistic but he its free so no angry feelings when some thing is not right.

So its a bit of both ways gtr2 and assetto corsa ( 1 ) i enjoy it a lot
Sol mod changed a lot also having a paid/donated content manager for ac really helps.
I never got into AC either because I do not get motorsport feel and way too many features missing. But mod above uses URD T5 cars, and people have to bet thanked for their hard work. Modeling a car is countless hours. Paying for stuff you use is basic decency. I buy every game, DLC if I know mod I use uses it.

Last edited:
Any track by the VLM Team (Le Mans, Ohio, Sebring are brilliant)
Yes i agree blindy on that.
I like north american tracks not too long as for laptimes go unlike nordschliefe or spa or le mans.

Road atlanta with those blind corners on top on hills what a blast.
Its fast not only with high downforce cars.

Or watkins glenn even the nascar layout is much fun.

EEC 2.3 from https://esport-racing.de/. There's fantastic pack for ADAC and BES and matching trackpack. Gives a cohesive Championship feel. Great looks, sounds and nearly perfect physics (subjectively of course). And you can simulate bigger events with those cars - 57 cars load fine

I have this mod indeed i like it very much only issue i have i can load up 60 plus cars but only when i leave the ford mustang and the viper out of it other wise it crashes.

With the blancpain mod adac i didnt not try yet

Paying for stuff you use is basic decency
I agree its not the paying part..
Thats holding me back but if i pay for something it needs to be finished not in beta or even worse alpha state but even games come out now days in alpha state.

For a flight sim i have i paid more then 3000 euro's in total for addons so i am used to paying for something only with this section of gaming(simming) 97% of the paid mods are really of good quality

We all know some bad boy pay site for assetto corsa well spoken here on rd how scammy it is and or unfinnished it is

Last edited:
I think i have downloaded now 75%
Of all things gtr2 (except most fictional mods, maybe i will do this also)

Koelschbierbunde/pilsbierbunde
Race department
Esportracing.de
Gtr4u.de
Perfectdark.fr
Some less known websites
Like from the mod makers then self.
Some mods that are no longer downloadable on those mainstream gtr2 sites

For some mods i had older versions still on my pc's / harddrives / usb sticks.

Its now in the slow progress of archiving
Like dtm by dtm, bmw by bmw, tools by tools etc.

After thats finnished
I will put it on a " server "
Now before people get there panties in a twist.

This " server " is my local/home
Server its not connected to internet.
In fact it have no wifi or cable only when needed its connect to my home network. So this " server " is not for downloading just for backups and or saving lot of data.

So if some mods disappear in the future. dail gp for a backup, big chance i have it stored.

Folks - while we are on a topic, anyone knows DRS-era (2011 and later) F1 mods in GTR2 that have rain tires? Thanks.
correct me if i am wrong but was there not a server that had a tool something simulair that simulated ers and drs.
i think it was on a Le mans server.
or was that for rfactor 1

that tool worked only with there server.. there was a client exe but i cant remember if it was for gtr2 or rfactor 1

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 322 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing