[POLL] SMS Ian Bell gauges appetite for GT Legends 2 crowdfund w/original team on Twitter

Shovas

Premium
Poll Correction: "GT2 HD Remaster" is "GTR2 HD Remaster", of course.
Saw this today,

I, of course, tweeted back showing my support, depending on goals and perks of the crowdfund, to the tune of CAD $20-40 or so.

I also suggested HD Remasters to start and that I would personally MUCH prefer a GTR2 HD Remaster (but that's just me).

If you like his idea or want to shout out your own idea, send him a tweet!

Attachments

• upload_2019-7-4_9-10-1.png
    upload_2019-7-4_9-10-1.png
    37.3 KB · Views: 233
yep totally agree with @Ian Bell : crowdfunding is the best way to not depend from an external publisher (see the catastrophic release of ACC the day one : if 1.05 has been released instead of v1.0 then it would have been a lot better for kunos image as many people read reviews from day of release...Same as Dakar 18).
And I agree too to (try to) rebuild original team : I fear some have moved to other projects than video games though...while others have join different studios (Sector3, Kunos,...)

Shovas: Ian Bell speaks about GTL2 and not GTR, AFAIK GTR serie belongs to SimbinUK so no chance to see a GTR revival by Ian Bell's team...unless he buys SimbinUK :D

Last edited:

Dan Costa

World Champ Procrastination n' Hoarding Series
Crowdfunding like the original Pcars? that game made me 3x the investment I made.
If its crowdfunding where you buy the game and get some perks, I'm not so interested as an investor.

Unfortunately I don't see how a game dedicated to a single era will make money. Things changed in the last 10 years and now these "era" things come as DLC on a much bigger game. Is it going to be priced as a DLC product? 19$ tops? If so, thats good to me.

Unfortunately I don't see how a game dedicated to a single era will make money. Things changed in the last 10 years and now these "era" things come as DLC on a much bigger game. Is it going to be priced as a DLC product? 19$ tops? If so, thats good to me.

I guess you never played GT Legends. No "era" DLC comes anywhere close.

The original GTL came with 30 cars. Not even Kunos or SMS will sell you a DLC pack of 30 cars for $20. There is so much scope for more cars - I could easily see a sequel with 40 or 50.

You are however right to raise the issue of profitability. No historic racing sim is going to sell as well as something featuring modern racing. But the original GT Legends was so special I would happily pay £100 for a good sequel.

Dan Costa

World Champ Procrastination n' Hoarding Series
I guess you never played GT Legends. No "era" DLC comes anywhere close.

The original GTL came with 30 cars. Not even Kunos or SMS will sell you a DLC pack of 30 cars for $20. There is so much scope for more cars - I could easily see a sequel with 40 or 50.

You are however right to raise the issue of profitability. No historic racing sim is going to sell as well as something featuring modern racing. But the original GT Legends was so special I would happily pay £100 for a good sequel.

I totally confused this game with GP legends, the one which only had 50's 60's racing. GT Legends is another beast and I stand corrected!

I agree with David Wright that a GT Legends 2 would be great .
Not sure why SMS needs at least $4 millions.? I would be surprised if Reiza are going to spend even close to that on a much larger project.
But would love to see if a crowdfunding would float. I for one will be in on it!

Can’t see it happening to be honest....
1. He doesn’t own the IP, someone else does. Can’t remember but wasn’t there an article on here?
2. 4 Million seriously - this comes from a guy that has tech available at his hands - how hard can it be to plug some cars and tracks in?

However, I hope his madbox plan works out. Actually, I hope all his plans work out, still waiting for Red Bull Air Race, World of Speed and the rumoured Fast and Furious..........

D

Deleted member 13397

• Deleted member 13397

at first i thought, wow, super (Tiny Feet wanted it to make some time ago),
but then i thought, SMS and Crowdfunding, they will make a PC2 DLC/SpinOff of this, no thanks,
so i voted for a GTR2 remaster (x64, etc.)

Ahhh that's too bad. Never saw that article. Thanks, David.
I'm confident we'll have another fully-fledged historic racing sim relatively soon - until then, GT Legends, rFactor 1, GTR2, and Assetto Corsa and all the car, circuit, graphics, sound, and even physics mods (if you prefer) will have to do. There's a lot of absolutely incredible work out there for those games.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 78 18.9%
  • €151-500

Votes: 116 28.1%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 67 16.2%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 40 9.7%
  • €3001-5000