Poll: On which platform will you be playing Assetto Corsa in 2016?

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Assetto Corsa is coming to console soon and with that will come many console players who are looking to sink their teeth into something a little more serious than Forza, Grand Turismo and even Project CARS.

Kunos Simulazioni have confirmed and assured users that the physics will not be "dumbed down" to suit the stereotypical casual console audience. With this in mind, we've set up this poll to gauge the public interest in Assetto Corsa coming to consoles.

Multiple choices are allowed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I started on the PC some time ago with TOCA Race Driver, Colin McRae Dirt, F1 series and the like, somtimes struggling with GPU performance (never having a mid to upper GPU to get good graphics) Also did a bit of racing on the PSP. I came into some "boys toys" cash and I bought a Xbox 360 for the family and Forza 4 particularly for my son (his birthday) hoping that he and I would spend some time together playing it. Well he did not get into it as I had hoped and I basicly took it over. The kids did not really get into the Xbox 360 so I landed up putting it in my office where played joining leagues and racing on line a lot with a controller and the wireless U shaped wheel. I did have fun but I needed MORE! a wheel! and at the time Forza 5 was coming out on the XBONE which was all bit too much for the "boys toys" budget. At the time I also needed a PC upgrade (I do a bit of photography and graphics as other hobbies) The console lost big time I got a New PC, G27 wheel and Assetto Corsa, Dirt Rally and Project CARS came later (PCARS a bit of a disappointment ) I have now got screens some mods upgraded shifter and a new wheel on its way. I am invested in the PC. The XBox 360 was reclaimed by the family when I got Just dance for the girls! My son is into his own things, games wise and anything driving is definitely not a sim. I do sometimes get him to drive AC, he is now more interested now that he is learning to drive real cars!
Triple screens about to become extinct like the dinosaurs in a little over 24hrs anyway
VR might be out this year but is still way out of the "boys toys" budget I only just managed to squeeze in 2 additional monitors to match my 21in main monitor ( I did use 2 screens but one was a 3:4)

But how much did your triple screen outlay cost you if you don't mind me asking ?:whistling:
As mentioned I already had the one monitor so I just needed 2 more, that was €300 Tax and shipping included (1/2 the price of the OR not to mention the extra €140+ the EU make something like this). The money for the screens came from a gift card so in the end it did not cost me anything!
My PC can cope with the 3 screens with some lowered setting and yes I would really like a VR Set but from what I gather I would need to upgrade the GPU. So my long term plan is a 3 monitor set-up with the next upgrade, down the road, to be a more powerful GPU, some more tactile transducers with Simvibe (also need a extra sound card). VR will come later when the tec is a out of its infancy (first gen bugs etc. ) and the prices jump of their "early adopter" pedestals

Last edited:
As mentioned I already had the one monitor so I just needed 2 more, that was €300 Tax and shipping included (1/2 the price of the OR not to mention the extra €140+ the EU make something like this). The money for the screens came from a gift card so in the end it did not cost me anything!
My PC can cope with the 3 screens with some lowered setting and yes I would really like a VR Set but from what I gather I would need to upgrade the GPU. So my long term plan is a 3 monitor set-up with the next upgrade, down the road, to be a more powerful GPU, some more tactile transducers with Simvibe (also need a extra sound card). VR will come later when the tec is a out of its infancy (first gen bugs etc. ) and the prices jump of their "early adopter" pedestals

That's pretty close to what the PS VR is gonna cost ( without the PS4 obviously ) and was one of the reasons I switched from Xbox to Playstation. Ideally the 1st gen VR goggles will easily produce seated experiences like race cars & flight games. Everything else is a wait & see game for me.

one of the reasons I switched from Xbox to Playstation.
mentioned in my first post in this thread, I switched from Console to PC - one reason was cost of the Xbox One and in addition its proprietary accessories and compatibility with older equipment. As mentioned I do graphics and photography, a bit more screen real estate (with better, matching resolution and quality) then my mismatched 3:4 hand-me-down office retired screen certainly helped in my decision making so yes it will be a wait & see game for me too. The price is bound to come down just look at the price drop of the consoles from there first months on the market.

AC will need more tracks for it to be a success on console. I think it has the chance to be a success but it will need to keep it's eye-candy and run at 60fps to make people look away from Forza on the Xbox One. PS4 is easier as they don't have a GT game out yet...

Well .... ;)

What means the word "Console" ? :whistling:
I only console myself with a .... PC. :sneaky:

Nearly sure I will not console myself with a .... ?? ... :confused::confused: console. :roflmao::roflmao:

Edit: it reminds me of an old song saying: " I can't console myself" ! ♪♫♫♪:speechless:
Troll or Troggs ? .... :p

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 88 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 71 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.3%
  • < 5 years