Poll: On which platform will you be playing Assetto Corsa in 2016?

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Assetto Corsa is coming to console soon and with that will come many console players who are looking to sink their teeth into something a little more serious than Forza, Grand Turismo and even Project CARS.

Kunos Simulazioni have confirmed and assured users that the physics will not be "dumbed down" to suit the stereotypical casual console audience. With this in mind, we've set up this poll to gauge the public interest in Assetto Corsa coming to consoles.

Multiple choices are allowed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't played on a console for years, well except a bit of Mario Kart on the Wii with my 5 year old daughter!! She's pretty damn good too!! Lol :). I can't get into a race sim (even Race Pro) on a console without my wheel and rig!!

Not looking for a majority vote. If there is a significant portion of console gamers around at least we know its worth investing time in.

Is there a reason for a console player to be a RD member?
I guess not. I wouldn't.
Some people might have a console but they almost always have a gaming pc also.
If this is true, then the sample is wrong for a vote.

Is there a reason for a console player to be a RD member?
There is a large group of console members at RD playing the F1 series and PCars. Most likely they will also pick up AC when its good.

Our members have various roots and console racing has been a great pool of new PC gamers as well over the years. Race Pro and the F1 series for example.

I'll be getting it and on the Xbox One.

My background is on PC, running every early days game \ sim you can think of with many, many hours spent on Geoff Crammonds Grand Prix Series, Papyrus Indycar and Nascar series and most importantly Grand Prix Legends. Simple fact of the matter was that my PC ran out of steam and could no longer run the modern day games and funds were too low to enable me to get a new more games capable machine. As a complete surpise in 2010 my missus bought me a refurbished Xbox 360 and F1 2010 so I could revisit my racing days gone past and I have never looked back since. I have spent countless hours enjoying my racing both offline but also online amongst the greatest crowd of like minded virtual racers here at RD. In May after much deliberation as to whether to go back to PC or on to one of the next gen consoles I saw a deal too good to turn down and picked up the Xbox One and Project Cars and I have never felt that I made the wrong decision.

I have been a member of RD since my early 360 days and see no reason why being a member of the console community would preclude me from being a member here. This is the place to be for virtual racers whether you race on PC or console and I have made many great friendships on here over the years. It's certainly wrong to presume that most console users also own a 'gaming' PC as thats certainly not the case amongst the console community that I belong to. Over my years on here a portion of my fellow console racers have migrated to the PC having dipped their toes into the virtual racing world on 360 and wanted to move on to the more diverse world of racing on PC but many have remained on the console because of it's simplicity and ability to allow you to simply race on it without the need for any PC knowledge.

Is one or other better? Who is really to say. If you enjoy what you are racing on then surely thats all that really matters.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back