Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

F1 Championship Abarth/Mazda: Which tracks do you want to include? Max 12

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
Which F1 tracks from the 2023 do you want to race on in a championship?
The events will be scheduled on the Wednesday in the week of the Formule 1 Grand Prix on the same circuit.

Last edited:
Hi Han,
I've voted but my votes are only valid for slow open wheelers if that ever happens ;)

I'm not sure many of tracks suit the MX5 (never driven the crab) except for tight twisty tracks like Monaco or Zandvoort (which don't exactly suit modern F1, but that's another story).

Taj

Hi Han,
I've voted but my votes are only valid for slow open wheelers if that ever happens ;)

I'm not sure many of tracks suit the MX5 (never driven the crab) except for tight twisty tracks like Monaco or Zandvoort (which don't exactly suit modern F1, but that's another story).

Taj
Hi Taj, well this poll is for the Abarth/Mazda for exactly the reason you mentioned. Not all tracks will be challenging for these cars. But I like democracy so I let the community decide.

In that context I find some of the first results surprising. Monza has got quite some votes but that's the track that is the most boring for Abarth/Mazda.
And Losail has only a few votes and that's my personal favorite of the whole calendar.
So very interesing such a poll.

Oh boy, I just realized after reading your replies that it's for mx5/abarths... Changed my vote obviously! (I might test tracks that I don't know yet and may change again)

Oh boy, I just realized after reading your replies that it's for mx5/abarths... Changed my vote obviously! (I might test tracks that I don't know yet and may change again)
Well, it would be nice if the open wheelers are going to use the same tracks in the same week. As I see that Monza and Spa are in the top tien, I don't think these guys would vote very different for open wheelers.
Monza and Spa are quite boring to drive for the Abarth and Mazda although the different characteristic of the cars are emphasized there.

But try Losail. I find it great!

Last edited:
I voted
I did NOT vote for Monza, explicitly. Spa was a sentimental vote... :D

We could do an open-wheeler Multiclass, with the Dallara and the Tatuus maybe?

Me too, voted Spa for sentiment, as well as Barhain (it was the only circuit where I was in the top ten positions, even if records do not show it because once I remained without fuel few hundreds of metres from the finish line, and the other one I got disconnected).
Now that Han suggested Losail I'm willing to try it, it could be a trade for Yas Marina maybe

Most people favour the well known tracks.
Ok, i get that but every one of them make it impossible for the lower powered Mazda because of long straights and fast curves.
Now if you were to take away the unfair tyre advantage or fuel advantage it may be different.
Cant say i am looking forward to the way it looks like it is going to pan out for the Mazda drivers without an even playing field.
After all, it is not our fault the Fiat is a greedy little pig and rubs its ass all over the road!

Ok, i get that but every one of them make it impossible for the lower powered Mazda because of long straights and fast curves.
Now if you were to take away the unfair tyre advantage or fuel advantage it may be different.
Cant say i am looking forward to the way it looks like it is going to pan out for the Mazda drivers without an even playing field.
After all, it is not our fault the Fiat is a greedy little pig and rubs its ass all over the road!
It will be a two class championship. So no competition for the standings. And you'll be surprised that the Mazda can hold it's own on a lot of the tracks. You need a very long straight to have advantage of the top speed of the Abarth. Yes, Monza and Spa but not many of the others. Monaco will be an easy win for the Mazdas.
Anyway, it looks like we will have also an open wheeler championship on the F1 tracks but I can't tell you anymore at this moment.

Last edited:
By the way, that's why I decided to do only 12 races of which only the best 10 will count for the championship. You Mazda guys have the majority so you can pick the tracks that you think will suit the Mazda best.

<Thinks out loud> One of the main reasons for the Fat Alfie championship being so close, and popular (imo), is that each track gave multiple variations of high speed, long corners, heavy stops, quick switches of direction, to even out/get the best out of each of the cars.

The vast majority of GP tracks don't have this unique combo, which is why I only ticked 3 tracks, I think:p. Also, most GP tracks are done to death.... with shed loads of great mod tracks in AC to fit these two cars characteristics to a tee to choose from, why the need for a GP 'following'.

..that was just a personal ramble:D

Last edited:
<Thinks out loud> One of the main reasons for the Fat Alfie championship being so close, and popular (imo), is that each track gave multiple variations of high speed, long corners, heavy stops, quick switches of direction, to even out/get the best out of each of the cars.

The vast majority of GP tracks don't have this unique combo, which is why I only ticked 3 tracks, I think:p. Also, most GP tracks are done to death.... with shed loads of great mod tracks in AC to fit these two cars characteristics to a tee to choose from, why the need for a GP 'following'.

..that was just a personal ramble:D
Hi John,

I understand your concern. Let me explain why I'm doing this (btw there will be a Fat-alfie championship again this year).
Racing on F1 tracks in the same week as the Formula F1 was appreciated by a lot of my community because they learned the track from the drivers perspective and that gave them more pleasure watching the race on Sunday, especially the onboard parts. But last year we we're bound by S.GP that only had a limited of those tracks.
Now with Emperor on our own servers we have all tracks available. So also quite a few that we haven't raced on. To be honest, I expected that more participants would choose for those 'new' tracks but that's only partly the case.
My twelve votes are all on the new tracks.

And I must say that the races on tracks like Spa were quite interesting and fun.
For frontrunners like yourself I can imagine that these tracks are boring with these cars but the midfielders had a lot of fun.

Last edited:
Han, are all these tracks on RD, or are some located elsewhere? My knowledge of F1 tracks isn't as extensive as US racing tracks, so I wanted to give them a bit of a try before I vote :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 392 40.0%