[Poll] Car selection for an upcoming sports car league

Dennis

RedShift Racing
Before you vote, please consider:
  • Every LMP driver will need to purchase URD EGT
  • No performance/balance changes by us; EGTs will stay the way they are, as provided by Ales
Fairly soon RD will hold its first Virtual Sports Car Championchip, in the spirit of TUSCC. It will consist of four 4 - 6 hour long races, and allow for driver swaps.

For this, we would like to have your input on the car selection. Do you prefer different cars per class, or perfect balance? And are paid cars OK, even if you race in a different class?

Please note that this league is not intended to be a successor or replacement of the VWEC/RDLMS, and will run as a completely separate entity.

More details will be released in the near future.

What cars and tracks will I need to download from this website so I know in the future? I don't like paying for mods, mods are meant to be free, imo.
It looks like the URD cars will be run which cost around 10€, but it is a very high quality mod and run by several leauges. Officially the cars and tracks arent announced, but the rest should be free and usually RD provides all the download links you need once the leauge is officially announced.

so, in US dollars, it would be 10$? hm, i just looked up their website to see what kind of cars they make.
It looks like the URD cars will be run which cost around 10€, but it is a very high quality mod and run by several leauges. Officially the cars and tracks arent announced, but the rest should be free and usually RD provides all the download links you need once the league is officially announced.
sry, if I got the dollar amount wrong as im not in eu,uk.

Mt personal feedback on the URD mod.

Tyre wear. as I have written above following my testing I believe that the tyre wear is so low as to inhibit strategic choice. IE Full tank of fuel and drive flat out till it's empty is the only strategy. Tyre management is denuded significantly if not totally.

I was reading the topic and wanted to comment on this point. Two weeks ago I had a league race in Mid-Ohio using the URD mod. A full fuel stint lasted between 47 and 48 laps and tire conservation was a major issue there. We had one team stopping after 30 laps because of that. In the pre-race testing I found that my tires would be completely shot after 30 laps with the first iteration of our setup.
I then invested quite a bit of time to improve it and also to adjust my driving style to keep the tires in better shape over the run. We finally could do the full fuel stint in a satisfactory way (laptimes were around 1.5 to 2 sec slower towards the end of the stint), but our competitors were losing another 2 or 3 sec in comparison to us.

I'm relatively new to rF2 and can't compare it to the ISI Corvette, but the tire behaviour looks quite good to me.

Also, regarding the grip levels, I find it comparable to the GT cars in Assetto Corsa, which in my opinion are spot on.

TLDR: I think the URD mod is pretty good and I'm happy that the majority agrees. :)

Like I said, in Mid Ohio it was an issue for most teams. I don't expect this to be the case in every track though. And again, the tires are identical to the URD mod.

Regarding the ISI Corvette, I would like to point out that a higher wear rate is not automatically more realistic. People who can drive without producing any wear to the URD tires, could double stint them. I don't expect that to be the case though... :)

Like I said, in Mid Ohio it was an issue for most teams. I don't expect this to be the case in every track though. And again, the tires are identical to the URD mod.

Regarding the ISI Corvette, I would like to point out that a higher wear rate is not automatically more realistic. People who can drive without producing any wear to the URD tires, could double stint them. I don't expect that to be the case though... :)

I dont know which compound you used. The Medium Michemin is very durable.
With the URD car you can get away with mistakes a lot more easier and you don't have to watch your tyre temps as much in the fast corners.
If you lock up two or three times in the ISI Corvette, you will be disadvantaged on your stint. For me I can push the URD cars quite hard and with the ISI I need to be more smooth and relaxed not trying to get the fastest lap possible, but going at a quick pace without killing the tyres.

You should try both on a track like Bahrain or Sebring. Mid Ohio is a bit special as it is really tight.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back